2009 New Jersey Governor's Race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:08:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2009 New Jersey Governor's Race
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 79
Author Topic: 2009 New Jersey Governor's Race  (Read 320494 times)
YankeeFan007
Dem4Life
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: September 03, 2009, 05:58:04 PM »

Verily, okay.  Trenton, Newark, and Camden are already hotspots for the campaign as well as Middlesex County.  They have active offices there.  The point of the Route 4-17 plan is to go to malls and stores because young voters and women are your likely shoppers.   Bergen is a must win county for Republicans because they have the ability to run up the vote when it is uncontested.  No Republican has ever won without taking it.  Also, a town like Paramus could easily go Blue.  The point is to neutralize the large margin of victories in Northern part of the county.  That's the point of going to Ramapo, Fairleigh, Bergen and William Paterson (Passaic county), all of which are along 17 and 4, is to neutralize Mahwah, New Jersey, Allendale, Ramsey, Wyckoff and Oakland.   Paterson is a town of 160,000 with a 80% minority population.  You win it by 75% and you've won Passaic county with 30,000 votes.  You neutralize the northern part of Bergen with the colleges, tie in places like Paramus, Ridgewood and Glen Rock, and run up the votes in Teaneck, Englewood, Hackensack chain and you'll come out of the county plus 50,000 votes.    Maybe I'm just living in a perfect world.

I do agree with you about Middlesex County.  I think that is also a key to victory.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #876 on: September 03, 2009, 06:59:29 PM »

Obama won Paterson with over 90% of the vote. I don't think Corzine is any danger of doing worse than 85% or so.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #877 on: September 04, 2009, 07:31:39 AM »

If he can pay some college kids from Paterson, Ramapo, Fairleigh and Bergen to go to shopping stores on route 4 and 17, I think he will win.

"Hi, I'm some college kid you've never heard of before. Can I interest you in voting for the guy that you hate?"

"Well, okay!  Put me and my wife down for Corzine!"

Maybe I'm just living in a perfect world.

Mmmhmm.
YankeeFan007
Dem4Life
Rookie

« Reply #878 on: September 04, 2009, 09:58:45 AM »

You have no idea clue about the power of presence.  If people are out campaigning for a canidate they create interest  and make people think positively about the campaign.  Its an easily noticeable social dynamic.     
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #879 on: September 04, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »

You have no idea clue about the power of presence.  If people are out campaigning for a canidate they create interest  and make people think positively about the campaign.  Its an easily noticeable social dynamic.     

There are also people openly venting about Corzine in freaking Wawas...

Now, that is presence!
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #880 on: September 04, 2009, 10:42:13 AM »

I've run and managed political campaigns before.  I know how useless college labor generally is.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #881 on: September 04, 2009, 10:44:28 AM »

I've run and managed political campaigns before.  I know how useless college labor generally is.

But do you know how useless college generally is?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #882 on: September 04, 2009, 11:30:31 AM »

Yea I honestly don't think so.  You really overstating the importance of such a small area, especially suggesting that Wood-Ridge could somehow impact this election.  The entire Meadowlands area, Rutherford and the sh**thole towns that surround, don't even mean that much
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #883 on: September 04, 2009, 12:01:11 PM »

As my degree in a field totally irrelevant to my current job can attest, yes, yes I do!
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #884 on: September 04, 2009, 10:44:28 PM »

Except, of course, you won't have the knowledge to get a decent job Tongue
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #885 on: September 05, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »

Met Christie at a meet in greet in Wildwood today. He actually looks skinnier in person than he does in pictures. He shook my hand and signed my sign for me. Overall, he seemed like a pretty genuine person.
YankeeFan007
Dem4Life
Rookie

« Reply #886 on: September 05, 2009, 07:36:14 PM »

Wow really.  Did you actually get to see him?  OMG.  I remember my Lonegan supporting friend telling me that he cancelled three events for fear of being asked questions.  He's a real genuine guy.  Genuinely scared of opening up his mouth.  He's completely sheltered from confrontation.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #887 on: September 05, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »

Wow really.  Did you actually get to see him?  OMG.  I remember my Lonegan supporting friend telling me that he cancelled three events for fear of being asked questions.  He's a real genuine guy.  Genuinely scared of opening up his mouth.  He's completely sheltered from confrontation.

Hacks are fun.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #888 on: September 08, 2009, 12:02:05 PM »

Pretty funny Daggett for Governor ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_OFMTlSh4
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #889 on: September 08, 2009, 12:34:03 PM »

They did a good job at casting that one.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #890 on: September 08, 2009, 03:32:24 PM »

It's like one of those filler SNL sketchs. lol
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #891 on: September 08, 2009, 03:38:08 PM »

Kind of funny but at the same time really unprofessional and corny, especially the "follow me" thing
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #892 on: September 08, 2009, 03:51:41 PM »

Haha, that was so lame.  It would have been better with just Christie and Corzine in it, they were pretty good.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #893 on: September 08, 2009, 05:14:59 PM »

Every local newscast in New Jersey will show that thing for free at the 5, 6 and 11 o'clock broadcasts and then again on their morning show, so mission accomplished IMO.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #894 on: September 08, 2009, 06:12:40 PM »

Every local newscast in New Jersey will show that thing for free at the 5, 6 and 11 o'clock broadcasts and then again on their morning show, so mission accomplished IMO.
I doubt it, I didn't see it on the local news, not even News12 New Jersey
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #895 on: September 08, 2009, 06:14:11 PM »

I doubt it, I didn't see it on the local news, not even News12 New Jersey

Give it a few days; they'll run it as a process story after it's been on the air for a bit.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #896 on: September 08, 2009, 10:25:16 PM »

There's a local newscast in New Jersey now?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #897 on: September 08, 2009, 10:31:43 PM »

There's a local newscast in New Jersey now?

That's right.  The only local newscast in NJ I know of is News12.  Everything else is either Philly or NYC.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #898 on: September 08, 2009, 11:56:48 PM »

Fine, I'll admit to knowing little about NJ media markets.

But I stand by my general point that an ad like that would be good at getting free media in an average state.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #899 on: September 09, 2009, 05:40:18 AM »

There's an Atlantic City station too.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length