Michigan 2010
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:01:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Michigan 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Michigan 2010  (Read 16190 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2008, 02:50:52 AM »

I have noticed a general divide in MI GOP. I beleive it stems from the rivalry of Saul Anuzis and Chuck Yob. Are any candidates aligned with either faction. That could cause a problem if they are aligned with either faction.

It does stem from that rivalry, and no, no candidates have aligned with either faction.  Although I've  heard that there may even be a splitting between the Yob faction.  I'm not sure what's been causing that rift though.

Hasn't Anuzis said he's going to run for RNC chairman?

Yes.  So he'll get the Romney/Anuzis people.

There's curiousity over how the Yob people will split.

Personally, I don't know who I'm backing, but I've always been fond of Michael Steele.

But back to the Gubernatorial topic...
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »

I guess Cherry is now the favorite to win the Democrat primary with Archer out of the race. I have a hard time seeing guys like Dillon, Stupak, etc. going anywhere.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2008, 08:32:56 PM »

This is coming from a resident of region with close ties to my most disliked group of people.  Wink

Phil
I know you posted this a while ago but I didn't catch it till now. You shouldn't hate other nations or people from those nations just because they are Dutch or French. Do you want Lee Van Cleef or Theodore Roosevelt to come back and kill you?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2008, 08:36:47 PM »

This is coming from a resident of region with close ties to my most disliked group of people.  Wink

Phil
I know you posted this a while ago but I didn't catch it till now. You shouldn't hate other nations or people from those nations just because they are Dutch or French. Do you want Lee Van Cleef or Theodore Roosevelt to come back and kill you?

I give every individual I meet a fair chance.  Smiley

I didn't know TR was Dutch. I also didn't know that President Bush is part Dutch until a few days ago. Terribly disappointing.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2008, 09:08:40 PM »

Phil

I give every individual I meet a fair chance.  Smiley

I didn't know TR was Dutch. I also didn't know that President Bush is part Dutch until a few days ago. Terribly disappointing.

TR was of Dutch decent. His ancestors arrived as Farmers when NYC was still New Amsterdam in the early 1600's. George Bush is a distant cousin of TR and thus also FDR.
dmet41
Rookie
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2008, 09:25:22 AM »

I think that one of Cox and Lynn Land should wait to take on Stabenow in 2012. She barely won in 2000 and I feel like she got a free pass in 2006 cause of the debacle of a year it was for the GOP, she will deff. be beatable in 2012.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2008, 06:57:46 PM »

I think that one of Cox and Lynn Land should wait to take on Stabenow in 2012. She barely won in 2000 and I feel like she got a free pass in 2006 cause of the debacle of a year it was for the GOP, she will deff. be beatable in 2012.

I was thinking the same thing myself.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2008, 11:28:49 PM »

Both of them are termed out in 2010, so I think they may run so they don't become forgotten.
dmet41
Rookie
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2008, 12:41:14 AM »

Both of them are termed out in 2010, so I think they may run so they don't become forgotten.

I dont think sitting out a year or so and than launching a senate campaign will cause them to become forgotten.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2008, 01:30:57 PM »

I dont think sitting out a year or so and than launching a senate campaign will cause them to become forgotten.

They're not "known" enough as it is.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2008, 03:27:44 PM »

Cox and Land?  Land just put out the special drivers' license program, and Cox has been talked about in the media with the Kwame Kilpatrick case.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2008, 06:40:35 PM »

Cox and Land?  Land just put out the special drivers' license program, and Cox has been talked about in the media with the Kwame Kilpatrick case.

See, the fact that I didn't even know about the Land one doesn't bode well for the rest of Michigan's electorate.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2008, 10:38:32 PM »

Well Hello again!

If Ficano gets in the race he could win the primary. If he gets in. he has a very safe job as county executive. 

As for the Republicans, Mike Cox has the best chance. Thankfully DeVos isn't running, or your looking at  losing by 25% and losing the state senate.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2008, 06:06:16 PM »

Well Hello again!

If Ficano gets in the race he could win the primary. If he gets in. he has a very safe job as county executive. 

As for the Republicans, Mike Cox has the best chance. Thankfully DeVos isn't running, or your looking at  losing by 25% and losing the state senate.

I still say Land.  She's a lot more popular thank Cox.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2008, 06:50:04 PM »

I agree. Lynn-Land is much less controversial than Cox. I might even vote for her! (Depending on the quality of the Democratic candidate and how she preforms throughout the campaign.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2008, 01:58:51 AM »

I agree. Lynn-Land is much less controversial than Cox. I might even vote for her! (Depending on the quality of the Democratic candidate and how she preforms throughout the campaign.

And it's people like you that are the reason I think she'll win.  She won with over 56% of the vote in 2006.  And that was a BAD Republican year.  I think she could win pretty easily, especially now that Archer is not running.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2008, 10:45:44 AM »

I'm not familier enough with Michigan politics to tell you how strong they are as candidates, but State Senators Mike Bishop (R) and Gretchen Whitmer (D) are considering running according to politics1.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2008, 12:33:54 PM »

Mike Bishop is the State Senate Majority Leader. He's pretty much been a total obstructionist since 2007(when the D's took over the state house.) I don't know how strong he is with the establishment GOP (Anuzis, DeVos's, Romney's, Engler's...) I doubt he'd poll very strong as of now.. given how popular our state political leaders are as of now.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2008, 01:18:09 PM »

Mike Bishop is the State Senate Majority Leader. He's pretty much been a total obstructionist since 2007(when the D's took over the state house.) I don't know how strong he is with the establishment GOP (Anuzis, DeVos's, Romney's, Engler's...) I doubt he'd poll very strong as of now.. given how popular our state political leaders are as of now.

How strong a candidate would Whitmer be?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2008, 05:22:21 AM »

How strong a candidate would Whitmer be?

I'd never heard of her, so Bishop beats her on name recognition.  However, I haven't heard any inside rumors that Bishop is running, so I doubt that'd happen.  I have heard more chatter about U.S. Representative Pete Hoekstra (R-2? - West side - I think it's 2) running, but nothing that's confirmed.

Whitmer would also have to overcome the Democrat woman stigma that Granholm will somewhat leave behind (which I don't think is that much of a factor, but a lot of Terri Lynn Land supporters worry about that).
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2008, 12:45:26 PM »

And it's people like you that are the reason I think she'll win.  She won with over 56% of the vote in 2006.  And that was a BAD Republican year.  I think she could win pretty easily, especially now that Archer is not running.

What did Cox do that is so controversial?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2008, 12:59:10 AM »

Had an affair, but confessed b/c he was being blackmailed by Jeoffrey Feiger (allegedly).  And he was somewhat involved in getting rid of Kwame Kilpatrick, so he really loses any chance of black votes by doing that.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2008, 08:06:38 PM »

Fred Upton should run.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2009, 02:52:59 PM »

Had an affair, but confessed b/c he was being blackmailed by Jeoffrey Feiger (allegedly).  And he was somewhat involved in getting rid of Kwame Kilpatrick, so he really loses any chance of black votes by doing that.

How did he get elected Atty Gen with that record?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2009, 06:42:16 PM »

I wouldn't support him - he's too liberal - especially on fiscal issues.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies