DE - SUSA - Obama only 30% Ahead - no wonder Biden is holding a Wilmington rally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:16:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  DE - SUSA - Obama only 30% Ahead - no wonder Biden is holding a Wilmington rally
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DE - SUSA - Obama only 30% Ahead - no wonder Biden is holding a Wilmington rally  (Read 3859 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2008, 09:22:50 PM »
« edited: October 29, 2008, 09:28:03 PM by Lunar »

Obama (D) 63%, McCain (R) 33%

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=88b47880-9883-4264-bc5f-b29b9880f2b3
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 09:23:53 PM »

You're such a hack, Lunar.  This state is obviously safe for McCain.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 09:26:12 PM »

It's a little weird that Delaware has swung ten points since just shortly after Biden was chosen.

SUSA!  hmm!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:28:22 PM »

I don't think so. I guess he might break 60% though.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 09:29:25 PM »

It's a little weird that Delaware has swung ten points since just shortly after Biden was chosen.

SUSA!  hmm!

Remember that the Philly media market is being FLOODED with ads which may have an impact in DE, depending on demographic tendencies to be susceptible to them.

Obviously SUSA is crazy saying 30%, but SUSA has always been crazy.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 09:36:33 PM »

Joke state.
/sarcasm
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 09:42:51 PM »

If any state is, though.  seriously.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 09:43:45 PM »

Have you ever been there? It is a joke state. Sorry Joe.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 09:47:45 PM »

Yes I have.  And no, the state isn't a joke.  It's a good place to incorporate your company or buy stuff (no sales tax).  The only joke is the toll the state charges you to drive a whopping 15 miles through it.

No state is a joke, regardless of how it votes.  I'm tired of seeing hacks call Republican-leaning states jokes.  They're not.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 09:49:50 PM »

No state is a joke, regardless of how it votes.  I'm tired of seeing hacks call Republican-leaning states jokes.  They're not.

The vast majority of Republican leaning states are, in fact, joke states. This is a fact. You can't argue with facts. If you do I'll punch you in the face. Then I shall carve a "B" into you.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 09:51:10 PM »

Yes I have.  And no, the state isn't a joke.  It's a good place to incorporate your company or buy stuff (no sales tax).  The only joke is the toll the state charges you to drive a whopping 15 miles through it.

No, no, think about it.  If Delaware were to break off and float into the Atlantic, would you really notice?  No way.  Three weeks later, you'd be like, "weird, I haven't gotten a credit card offer in a while.  Huh."  And then your life would go on, blissfully Delaware-free.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 09:53:14 PM »

No, no, think about it.  If Delaware were to break off and float into the Atlantic, would you really notice?  No way.  Three weeks later, you'd be like, "weird, I haven't gotten a credit card offer in a while.  Huh."  And then your life would go on, blissfully Delaware-free.
Well, the economy would collapse, but otherwise, sure.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 09:53:56 PM »

Well, the economy would collapse, but otherwise, sure.

Not that we're not doing a great job on that with Delaware, anyway.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 09:54:45 PM »

Well, I'd have to drive through Pennsylvania to get to Washington D.C.  And that would be a traffic-clogged nightmare.  So I would miss Delaware.  Not to mention, millions of companies would need to reincorporate somewhere.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 09:55:22 PM »

Delaware, a good first try.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 09:56:02 PM »

Not to mention we'd lose our favorite senator from Delaware,

Tom Carper
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 09:57:48 PM »

We'll I'd probably notice since if I continued driving west I would drive into the Atlantic instead of into Delaware.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 09:59:32 PM »

On second thought, let's not go to Delaware...it is a silly place.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 10:04:16 PM »

We'll I'd probably notice since if I continued driving west I would drive into the Atlantic instead of into Delaware.

And that's an argument against my plan to eliminate Delaware?  You can do better than that
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 10:22:02 PM »

And that's an argument against my plan to eliminate Delaware?  You can do better than that

It needs to be a state; we don't want them.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 10:22:45 PM »

It's just a model.
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 10:28:34 PM »

god i love that line
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 01:18:47 AM »

The only joke is the toll the state charges you to drive a whopping 15 miles through it.

Truly.  My EZ-Pass statement used to calculate toll per mile as part of some EZ-Pass-Plus promotion, and Delaware was about 7 times any other state, save bridges and tunnels.  Having to deposit monies to enter that state is a psychological blow, since it's a double-penalty.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 02:07:19 AM »

Delaware: RACIST!
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2008, 05:50:22 AM »

It's just a model.

*high five*
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies