Leaving the USA if Obama Wins....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:31:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Leaving the USA if Obama Wins....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Leaving the USA if Obama Wins....  (Read 3993 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2008, 07:24:29 PM »

The looney left was cogitating about moving to Canada or Sweden if George W. Bush beat John Kerry.  I was devastated by the loss but this is my country and I ain't budging.

Well, today a business associate of mine was on the phone with me and told me I might be able to buy all his inventory at a discount.  He is "praying about" whether or not he should leave America.  I know I shouldn't have asked why...but I did...

*  Because Obama has a plan to put Christians in concentration camps where they will be
"re-educated".

*  Because Obama intends to confiscate every firearm in the United States and make owning
a gun punishable by death or multi-decade prison terms.

*  Because Islam could become the official state religion of the US

*  Because Christians will be subject to a one child per family policy in order to reduce the number of "hate mongers" in the country.

He went on and on, foaming at the mouth about revisionist history, the United Nations, abortion, homosexuals and what he calls "n rights".  He fully expects his Bible believing church to be shuttered within a month of inauguration day. 

Now I know this guy is a nut.  Always has been.  Kind of the harmless sort -- all talk.  But I have been thinking.  Since he is planning on leaving America...where should I encourage him to go?  Iran and Saudi Arabia have the "moral code" he would approve of.  Ah, but then...he hates him some "Moslems". 

Suggestions, anyone?  I will take up a collection if he actually agrees to leave...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 07:29:43 PM »

just like most the people that thought about leaving 4 years ago....hardly any of them actually follow through with it.

If Obama wins...he'll do exactly the same....he'll stay where he is, and his bible believing church will continue to exist..and he'll still consider himself in constant danger...but he might realize that Obama is not the antichrist, eventually Smiley

However, should he really choose to leave the United States....I'd suggest Nauru... Smiley
Jacobtm

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 07:52:17 PM »

Suggestions, anyone?  I will take up a collection if he actually agrees to leave...

Singapore? South Korea?
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 08:05:10 PM »

Somalia. There's no big government, plenty of guns, and hey Jay-sus said you had to convert people anyway. Right?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 08:09:02 PM »

Canada is looking increasingly good by comparison.
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 09:22:13 PM »

Nowhere.

There are plenty of places lefties can go if they want to vote with their feet.  There is no other country with policies (constitutional protections, free market, traditional values) that would appeal to conservatives.
Jacobtm

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »

Nowhere.

There are plenty of places lefties can go if they want to vote with their feet.  There is no other country with policies (constitutional protections, free market, traditional values) that would appeal to conservatives.

Actually, what about Ireland?

One of the few countries with a higher GDP per capita than the US, low corporate tax rates, rather traditional social values, all around nice place.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 09:51:17 PM »

They could wait for Obama to lose in 4 years.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 09:55:47 PM »

Nowhere.

One of the few countries with a higher GDP per capita than the US, low corporate tax rates, rather traditional social values, all around nice place.

Just suffering from the hangover of a really long credit-driven boom...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »

JS, where does you business associate plan to decamp to, as a Christian safe haven, to avoid incarceration for his faith and beliefs and no doubt premature final exit by the acolytes of Satan?  You sure travel in odd circles, or maybe Ft Wayne is just odd, or something. Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 10:02:11 PM »

Nowhere.

It's Papist. That simply won't do I suspect for the subject business associate. Plus Ireland is moving at warp speed towards something even more Satanic than the Pope anyway, or equally Satanic.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 01:16:38 AM »

well in the old days, he could have gone to South Africa, but now that option is obviously off the table. The Fundies sure seem to love Israel a bizarre amount, so I guess he could go there. Of course, once he gets there, he might not like it that it's filled with brown Sephardic, Mizrahi, and Ethiopian Jews, and operates one of the cushiest welfare states outside of Scandinavia. If he doesn't hate papists too much, he could live on a compound in rural Argentina, where the president - by law - must be a Roman Catholic.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 01:19:16 AM »

If he doesn't hate papists too much, he could live on a compound in rural Argentina, where the president - by law - must be a Roman Catholic.

Which really doesn't mean much in terms of their religious attitudes and general attitudes towards Americans (especially American conservatives).
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 01:24:27 AM »

Nowhere.

Sounds like another country I might have heard of somewhere. Although in fact Poland is probably a better bet for these sorts of people anyway.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 01:27:49 AM »

I sometimes wish the insane would actually stand by their crazy sh**t when the chips are down.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 01:29:42 AM »

If he doesn't hate papists too much, he could live on a compound in rural Argentina, where the president - by law - must be a Roman Catholic.

Which really doesn't mean much in terms of their religious attitudes and general attitudes towards Americans (especially American conservatives).

Economically, Argentina is pretty leftist, you're right. What I meant was that he could live on a compound by himself or with other Americans or right-wingers. Socially, however, it's as or more conservative (abortion is illegal, for instance, and though there is legal recognition for gay couples in Buenos Aires Province, homosexuality is still frowned upon).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 01:30:33 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2008, 01:41:45 AM by dead0man »

Nowhere.

Sounds like another country I might have heard of somewhere. Although in fact Poland is probably a better bet for these sorts of people anyway.

Estonia would be even better right?  But either place is to close to MotherRussia for any hard righty to go to, unless they want to help "bring the fight" or something over the top insane like that.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 11:05:39 AM »

JS, where does you business associate plan to decamp to, as a Christian safe haven, to avoid incarceration for his faith and beliefs and no doubt premature final exit by the acolytes of Satan?  You sure travel in odd circles, or maybe Ft Wayne is just odd, or something. Tongue

LOL -- this is a South Carolinian.  My business (militaria, antiques) is online and I get to know these guys at shows, etc.  A lot of them think the National Rifle Association is too liberal.  Many are southerners, one is a Klansman and several are -- or were -- members of The Council of Conservative Citizens (a group that sounds innocuous but is far from it).

Most of 'em? Harmless big talkers.  This guy among them.

These are not to be confused with my Talibagelical family.  That's another story entirely.

HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 11:50:29 AM »

Portugal?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »

Nowhere.

You have just made Gully angry...

You don't want to see Gully angry...

In other news I hear Ireland is getting close to Satanism. This is a great shock and I want to know WTF are you talking about.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 03:06:44 PM »

It is unrealistic for the non-rich to change countries.  In other words a pipe dream.  Of course the elite may jet from sophisticated capital to sophisticated capital, cosseted in the lap of five-star luxury.  For them the 'nation state' has little meaning - its just there to control the workers.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »

I suggest you walk up to your friend, pat him gently on the shoulders, smile dearly, then slap the crap out of him.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »

Singapore? South Korea?

Singapore would be my first choice if I ever had to leave the US (as I've stated numerous times in the past).
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 03:33:43 PM »

*  Because Obama has a plan to put Christians in concentration camps where they will be
"re-educated".

*  Because Obama intends to confiscate every firearm in the United States and make owning

*  Because Christians will be subject to a one child per family policy in order to reduce the number of "hate mongers" in the country.

He went on and on, foaming at the mouth about revisionist history, the United Nations, abortion, homosexuals and what he calls "n rights".  He fully expects his Bible believing church to be shuttered within a month of inauguration day. 

Do people that retarded actually exist?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2008, 03:35:23 PM »

"re-educated".

Do people that retarded actually exist?

As someone who whenever he gets bored surfs Free Republic, I can tell you without any doubt "yes".

Singapore is a horrible place from all things I've heard. But it would probably suit most of the people referred to here.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies