States most similar (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:51:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  States most similar (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: States most similar  (Read 11206 times)
DA
dustinasby
Rookie
Japan

« on: September 18, 2004, 05:54:18 AM »

My first thought was South Dakota-Nebraska, but Kansas-Nebraska is close enough.

I must say the Utah Idaho compairison is interesting. I mean they are both conservative, but in very different ways. I mean, I've heard LatterDay Saints called a lot of things, but never heard them compaired to Aryan Nations.

Humorous note: when I was searching google to recall the name "Aryan Nation" I can across this:

Man, I wish I could breath fire that turns into a miniature A-bomb! AN just makes me think Jews are even cooler! Grin

Note to self: Find many uses for this image...
DA
dustinasby
Rookie
Japan

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 12:27:43 AM »

So...are you saying you think the Aryan Nations basically rule Idaho?

No, but I know people that won't go near there in fear of racists. The point is that without AN Idaho becomes less conservative, likewise without the LDS Utah becomes less conservative.
DA
dustinasby
Rookie
Japan

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 02:37:36 AM »

Aryan Nations and the racists really make up a small percent of Idaho's population and the vast majority of Idahoans (or whwatever) do not share their views even though its a very white state. Its too bad they've ruined Idaho's reputation.

I believe the AN headquarters is in Pennsylvania now. And Butler died like a week ago.

I can't help but wonder when AN will do something violent and stupid too. Seattle will probably get it too, since its the closest   place with some blacks and asians and gays, etc.

And, I think WA and OR are very similar too. Liberal environmentalist Western part of the state with the major city of about 550,000 people, and the conservative drier Eastern part. They vote similary too.

As I understood it the northern portion (is this considered a panhandle?) is/was quite racist. I really have no problem going there if I have a reason to go, but there were people where I used to work that said they wouldn't go to the state no matter what (one woman that said this is very light skinned too. I didn't even know she considered herself black... boy, what a conversation that was).

totally agree with the WA-OR comparison.
DA
dustinasby
Rookie
Japan

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 02:01:56 AM »

So...are you saying you think the Aryan Nations basically rule Idaho?

No, but I know people that won't go near there in fear of racists. The point is that without AN Idaho becomes less conservative, likewise without the LDS Utah becomes less conservative.

That is so much bs I can't believe it.  Did you know that the Aryan Nations was kicked out of Idaho?

I only found that out after looking it up because of this topic.
It's not bs, 2 of my former coworkers actually won't go to your state because they are black, and a white former coworker said she didn't like it there because of the racism. It may be true that Idaho is less racist now that AN is officially gone, but that doesn't mean people fear that element of the state any less.

And the AN in PA is being called a splinter group with the same name.

Also, I didn't mean to compare the sheer numbers of LDS in Utah to the numbers of AN members in Idaho.

http://npr.streamsage.com/google/programlist/feature.php?wfid=3915321
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies