Obama campaign worker attacked in Wisconsin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 05:12:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama campaign worker attacked in Wisconsin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Obama campaign worker attacked in Wisconsin  (Read 2683 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 05:00:24 PM »

Terrible
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2008, 05:13:10 PM »

I'll have to hear more about this, it seems like the guy was out of line if the story occurred like it was described in that brief article.

Going to someone's door to canvass can be invasive, and sometimes you get canvassers that are real a**holes. I had a friend/roommate at the time, in charge of an ACT canvassing team in the mid-Valley (Oregon) in '04 where a canvasser started an altercation.

It was a 50-50 Dem-Rep town of about 15,000  near here and one of his crew went to the door of a Democratic house. The guy who answered the door stated his strong disapproval of Kerry, the canvasser started cussing him out, it developed into a minor physical altercation. My friend had to jump in, apologize to the guy, and they left town right after that. He fired the canvasser the same day, although who know how many votes Kerry lost in that town because of this incident.

My point here is that canvassers sometimes provoke these things by not turning around and walking away when they meet a hostile response. I'm not blaming this particular canvasser, and most likely the guy who grabbed her hair was in the wrong, but these things aren't always as cut-and-dry as they are made out to be.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »

why isn't the Liberal Media giving this the same coverage they gave the Todd story?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2008, 07:50:53 PM »

I am confident most McCain supporters would be/are disgusted by this.  I love political seasons except for the miscreants in both parties who crawl out from under their rocks at this time of year.  Thankfully, they are relatively few on both sides.

I think we can all agree that cruelty or violence aimed at Obama supporters or McCain supporters is just sick and against everything good this country stands for.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 10:00:25 PM »

why isn't the Liberal Media giving this the same coverage they gave the Todd story?

Because they're on Obama's dick.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 10:03:03 PM »

Haha that made no sense at all. If they were fellating Obama, wouldn't they be more likely to cover this story in order to show how horrible Mccain supporters are?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 10:03:28 PM »

Obviously this reflects on all MCcain supporters and they are all horrible, horrible people. Roll Eyes

So true. Tongue

I'm a horrible person, Torie? Sad
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 10:10:34 PM »

Haha that made no sense at all. If they were fellating Obama, wouldn't they be more likely to cover this story in order to show how horrible Mccain supporters are?

They're beyond needing context.  At this point, they just jump up and down on his dick all day.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 10:11:19 PM »

this story doesn't involve a black man attacking a pure, innocent white woman.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 10:43:21 PM »

They're beyond needing context.  At this point, they just jump up and down on his dick all day.

Yes but if they really wanted to pleasure his male member, wouldn't they cover this story heavily?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 10:43:48 PM »

this story doesn't involve a black man attacking a pure, innocent white woman.

Yeah basically
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 11:01:16 PM »

Compassionate Conservatism at my work my friends.

Jesus, shut up.  You're not funny, or smart, or whatever the fuck you're trying to be; you're just annoying.

Why do you hate free speech?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 11:09:59 PM »

Obviously this reflects on all MCcain supporters and they are all horrible, horrible people. Roll Eyes
I think it reflects more poorly on white people, I wonder if all white people are going to riot if Mccain losses, I'm really scared because I live in a white neighborhood, shocking I Know, I better get a Mccain bumper sticker and put it on my car so I won't get mugged.   

You really have to worry about the angry redneck horde, showing up in you neighborhood in the pickup trucks, clutching a Bible and a shot gun.  Roll Eyes
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008, 11:12:07 PM »

I think it reflects more poorly on white people, I wonder if all white people are going to riot if Mccain losses, I'm really scared because I live in a white neighborhood, shocking I Know, I better get a Mccain bumper sticker and put it on my car so I won't get mugged.   

You really have to worry about the angry redneck horde, showing up in you neighborhood in the pickup trucks, clutching a Bible and a shot gun.  Roll Eyes
pshh...

those people don't read the Bible.  Their views on religion are all passed down orally from their elders.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 11:16:32 PM »

pshh...

those people don't read the Bible.  Their views on religion are all passed down orally from their elders.

Fixed.

Oh good, we can do more racial stereotyping. Roll Eyes

Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies