A thought
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:13:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A thought
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: A thought  (Read 9774 times)
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2008, 02:25:03 PM »

LOL, no this time you just probably won't be dumb enough to brag to the world when you find out secrets which just makes you more of a danger

Nah, I've just decided to accept that you are a complete irrelevance and to ignore everything you post starting from right now (since I've made my intentions perfectly clear).
Yeah I am the irrelevant one in Atlasia.  In case you didn't notice that's "Senator" next to my name and "chairman" of the biggest party too.  I am one of the MOST relevant people
I seriously doubt that Down is anywhere in the top 10 most relevant people in Atlasia. Hell, even I'm more relevant than Down. Down, however, is far more important than Xahar in the game.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2008, 02:44:44 PM »

I seriously doubt that Down is anywhere in the top 10 most relevant people in Atlasia. Hell, even I'm more relevant than Down. Down, however, is far more important than Xahar in the game.
I have to disagree with you there, this isn't a fact/opinion issue.  My party is showing itself as one of, if not the, most powerful party and I am one of only ten senators.  I fail to see how I could be considered irrelevant.  Relevancy means how much what you do impacts the game, there are few people in our great nation whose decisions weigh heavier than mine.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2008, 04:47:43 PM »

I have to disagree with you there, this isn't a fact/opinion issue.  My party is showing itself as one of, if not the, most powerful party and I am one of only ten senators.  I fail to see how I could be considered irrelevant.  Relevancy means how much what you do impacts the game, there are few people in our great nation whose decisions weigh heavier than mine.

Anyone who has paid attention to the voting record of the 27th Senate would have to disagree. You've been in the minority of 1 or 2 too often to be considered that influential.

How many bills have you passed?
How many amendments to bills have you gotten through?
How often has your vote affected a result?

Compare this to your 9 Senate colleagues and you'll get an idea of where influence lies. I imagine you'll be competitive with Messrs. Verily and Meeker, due to their inactivity, but that's about it.

Now this could all change, of course, but please wait until you've actually done something before aggrandising yourself.

You may not like Mr Xahar, but he has been influential in developments in regional politics in different parts of Atlasia. You have control of a large party, which effectively controls a region, but still have done next to nothing with this.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2008, 04:55:02 PM »

Anyone who has paid attention to the voting record of the 27th Senate would have to disagree. You've been in the minority of 1 or 2 too often to be considered that influential.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
A few amendments, mostly relating to forum's affairs law.  Its kind of hard to get hard nosed conservatives bills passed, though I did get a few back in the old senate as well as my liberal bill to legalizae LSD
Again, not at all at this time due to the makeup of the senate

In this senate, not often, however, in the old senate quite often in 5-4 decisions

Wrong, I've been successful in my main mission which is preventing the nationalization of regional senate seats.  If we want to measure relevancy on these factors, you're inability to get it passed would render you near irrelevant.
Like what?  Completely (along with my allies) change the an entire region?  Give new life to a dead region?  Pass numerous forum affairs laws?  Help get my party's senate candidate elected with 75% of the vote over an incumbent?  Sorry, if that's not accomplishing anything that no one in this game has.

The first part is absurd, Xahar has never held any office, the only thing he did was have on life and write the constitution for a region he is not part of.  As far as me doing nothing with a region, my party has built that region back up and made it THE most active region in all of Atlasia.  Sorry if again that is not enough for you, but please continue to create a plastic bag exchange, that does a lot for the game.

Why you continue to belittle everything my party does is truly beyond me, we have never made an attack against you or anything to the like.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2008, 05:16:49 PM »

A few amendments, mostly relating to forum's affairs law.  Its kind of hard to get hard nosed conservatives bills passed, though I did get a few back in the old senate as well as my liberal bill to legalizae LSD

By my count you have gotten 1 amendment to a bill passed during this Senate term.
Obviously, you'll concede that your actions in previous Senates aren't relevant to the discussion of how relevant you are (as opposed to how relevant you were).

Again, not at all at this time due to the makeup of the senate

What does it matter that you're a Senator if you can't get anything done in the Senate?

In this senate, not often, however, in the old senate quite often in 5-4 decisions

Again, see above as to why your previous Senate tenure is not relevant to this discussion.

Wrong, I've been successful in my main mission which is preventing the nationalization of regional senate seats.  If we want to measure relevancy on these factors, you're inability to get it passed would render you near irrelevant.

A novel argument.
The measure wouldn't have passed whether or not you were in the Senate.
And I haven't pushed for the measure to be passed. It's not a major issue for me. Desirable, yes, but not a priority.

By your logic here though, surely you've painted yourself as utterly trivial to Senate proceedings. If one measure I would like can't be passed and therefore I'm irrelevant; what does that mean for you when you see many measures passing which you're staunchly opposed to?

Like what?  Completely (along with my allies) change the an entire region?  Give new life to a dead region?  Pass numerous forum affairs laws?  Help get my party's senate candidate elected with 75% of the vote over an incumbent?  Sorry, if that's not accomplishing anything that no one in this game has.

The region isn't very active, your party is. A very significant difference.
You'll have to cite the numerous forum affairs laws you've passed.
And as to the recent election, yes it's certainly a measure of influence. But getting elected is only a part of that measurement. getting things done is much more important and on that measure you're still found wanting.

The first part is absurd, Xahar has never held any office, the only thing he did was have on life and write the constitution for a region he is not part of.

Well it's not the only thing. But even if it was, it's a feat which I suggest may be beyond you and many Atlasians.

As far as me doing nothing with a region, my party has built that region back up and made it THE most active region in all of Atlasia.  Sorry if again that is not enough for you, but please continue to create a plastic bag exchange, that does a lot for the game. Why you continue to belittle everything my party does is truly beyond me, we have never made an attack against you or anything to the like.

I'm simply responding to what I view as very unreasonable remarks you make in this part of the forum which I believe are plainly and evidently untrue. Stop saying silly things and I'll stop rebutting them. I may disagree with your party most of the time, but I welcome their involvement. I will not however welcome your hyperbole and will challenge it where I think it lacks basis in fact.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2008, 05:22:47 PM »

Rather than a long point by point, I'll just say this.  I used to have a lot of power in the senate, and with every election I'm making sure that power increases a little bit more.  The RPP has the only party to gain a seat in this election, and if Constine wins the runoff that will make 3 solid regional rights supporters in the senate.  The makeup will be quite different, and should be even more different after December.  I took a break for awhile, but since I got reinvolved I've made myself and conservatives a little more relevant every day.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2008, 05:23:48 PM »

Rather than a long point by point, I'll just say this.  I used to have a lot of power in the senate, and with every election I'm making sure that power increases a little bit more.  The RPP has the only party to gain a seat in this election, and if Constine wins the runoff that will make 3 solid regional rights supporters in the senate.  The makeup will be quite different, and should be even more different after December.  I took a break for awhile, but since I got reinvolved I've made myself and conservatives a little more relevant every day.

Well on that we (pretty much) agree.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2008, 05:26:31 PM »

Well you are a Midwesterner so...

*hugs*SmileySmileySmiley**
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2008, 05:29:27 PM »

I doubt Constine will win the runoff. He has yet to demonstrate anything more than a modicum of popularity among Mideast residents.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2008, 05:31:55 PM »

I doubt Constine will win the runoff. He has yet to demonstrate anything more than a modicum of popularity among Mideast residents.
Its the Mideast, you know as well as I do anything can happen
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2008, 06:27:07 PM »

Its the Mideast, you know as well as I do anything can happen
except Constine winning an election higher than LT Gov.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2008, 08:22:59 PM »

Well you are a Midwesterner so...

*hugs*SmileySmileySmiley**

*hughughug**
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2008, 12:30:13 PM »

lol DWTL, relying on Constine for anything is just a sad state of affairs.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2008, 05:08:31 PM »

lol DWTL, relying on Constine for anything is just a sad state of affairs.
Its a runoff, where the hell would I turn?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2008, 05:35:57 PM »

However, was not Ben once the Governor of the Mideast for a period of time? Though, I believe he succeeded yourself (from my vague memory of Mideastern politics). Thus ruling out that he has never won an election to a higher office than Lieutenant Governor.

Not to mention, I highly doubt that Ben will be elected to the Senate in the run off election. HappyWarrior should become a member of the Atlasian Senate after numerous failures to get admission into the exclusive club.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2008, 06:03:04 PM »

However, was not Ben once the Governor of the Mideast for a period of time? Though, I believe he succeeded yourself (from my vague memory of Mideastern politics). Thus ruling out that he has never won an election to a higher office than Lieutenant Governor.

Not to mention, I highly doubt that Ben will be elected to the Senate in the run off election. HappyWarrior should become a member of the Atlasian Senate after numerous failures to get admission into the exclusive club.
he was governor, yes, but only because I resigned after my latest election to the senate. He didn't get elected to the office.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2008, 06:37:17 PM »

I've never wanted to be Governor; the only offices I have any interest in holding are Lt. Governor, Senator, and SoEA.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2008, 08:31:22 PM »

I've never wanted to be Governor; the only offices I have any interest in holding are Lt. Governor, Senator, and SoEA.

Why not? Being governor is so much fun!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2008, 09:29:10 PM »

SoEA? Really?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2008, 09:30:34 PM »

Why would someone be interested in being Lt Governor if it wasn't a stepping stone to bigger and better things? It's usually a do-nothing job.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2008, 09:45:41 PM »

Perhaps, but it never held any interest to me.

SoEA? Really?

I like foreign affairs, even if SoEA doesn't have much power in Atlasia.

Why would someone be interested in being Lt Governor if it wasn't a stepping stone to bigger and better things? It's usually a do-nothing job.

To an extent I wanted to use it as a stepping stone to either Senator or SoEA, but I actually like the job.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2008, 09:48:23 PM »

Perhaps, but it never held any interest to me.

SoEA? Really?

To an extent I wanted to use it as a stepping stone to either Senator or SoEA, but I actually like the job.

The Lt. Governorship isn't even a job. The only good they are is to be around in case the Governor goes missing. What else do you do?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2008, 09:53:33 PM »

SoEA? Really?

It's never struck me as a strong point of yours.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies