WTH? The DCCC is running ads in GA-13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:09:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WTH? The DCCC is running ads in GA-13
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WTH? The DCCC is running ads in GA-13  (Read 1595 times)
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2008, 09:37:26 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/shared-blogs/ajc/politicalinsider/entries/2008/10/23/scott_and_the_dccc_take_out_so.html?cxntfid=blogs_political_insider

Didn't Honeycutt raise her cash through that GOP direct mail scam?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 09:46:22 PM »

I heard about this.  If they waste money in this district they deserve a smack across the head.  No Republican is going to win this only 40% white district, especially in a year where black turnout is likely to at a record level. 
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 09:55:32 PM »

If only they were spending this cash in IA-04 or CA-50. Unfortunately, the DCCC seems to be intent on appeasing the Congressional Black Caucus, which is comprised of many members who are currently withholding membership dues from the DCCC.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 10:02:16 PM »

If only they were spending this cash in IA-04 or CA-50. Unfortunately, the DCCC seems to be intent on appeasing the Congressional Black Caucus, which is comprised of many members who are currently withholding membership dues from the DCCC.

Yeah, IA-04 especially.  That would be a seat that Democrats would be able to hold for a long time. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 10:13:11 PM »

Yeah, IA-04 especially.  That would be a seat that Democrats would be able to hold for a long time. 

2 years is a long time? That's how long it would be held until it's eliminated by redistricting when Iowa loses a seat.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 10:32:10 PM »

Actually four years. 

2 years is a long time? That's how long it would be held until it's eliminated by redistricting when Iowa loses a seat.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 11:21:24 PM »

It does help to tie Scott to Obama, who is mentioned by name, so I guess it might help Obama a little bit as well?  But, yeah, complete waste of money.  Complete.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 11:37:59 PM »

I wonder if this has more to do with boosting black turnout. Sort of like how I'll GOTV for Obama with the real intention being to help Franken and Tinklenberg.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 05:45:04 PM »

David Scott is always the one Georgia congressman whose name I can't remember. This is almost certainly an attempt to boost black turnout to help Obama and Martin, and the DCCC/CBC thing that MarkWarner mentioned is probably part of it too.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 12:32:31 PM »

Maybe this is the reason why they spent some money.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/scorecard/1008/Scott_Not_Free.html?showall
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies