WV-PPP: McCain beats Obama by 8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 03:21:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WV-PPP: McCain beats Obama by 8
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WV-PPP: McCain beats Obama by 8  (Read 2358 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2008, 12:37:03 AM »

McCain - 50
Obama - 42

Right now he leads McCain with voters in his own party just 62-29, at the same time that McCain is nailing down 85% of the Republican vote. McCain also has a strong advantage with independents, 53-36.

PPP surveyed 1,223 likely voters on October 16th and 17th. The survey’s margin of error
is +/-2.8%. Other factors, such as refusal to be interviewed and weighting, may introduce
additional error that is more difficult to quantify.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_WV_1018.pdf
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 12:40:42 AM »

McCain - 50
Obama - 42

Right now he leads McCain with voters in his own party just 62-29, at the same time that McCain is nailing down 85% of the Republican vote. McCain also has a strong advantage with independents, 53-36.

PPP surveyed 1,223 likely voters on October 16th and 17th. The survey’s margin of error
is +/-2.8%. Other factors, such as refusal to be interviewed and weighting, may introduce
additional error that is more difficult to quantify.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_WV_1018.pdf

I'm not in love with PPP, but this is about where I see WV today.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 12:43:03 AM »

I hope this settled down the people that are claiming WV will be extremely close or an Obama state on election night because of 1 ARG poll.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 12:46:22 AM »

I hope this settled down the people that are claiming WV will be over 60% for McCain or one of his best states.
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 12:46:36 AM »

I hope this settled down the people that are claiming WV will be extremely close or an Obama state on election night because of 1 ARG poll.

Well you knew the racist would come home for this sad sack of a state.  

West VA = Wrong turn people.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 12:51:45 AM »

Wait, wait.  Does this mean that ARG might have been wrong?

On a semi-related note, I'm hoping someone will give us another Arkansas poll one of these days, as I'm curious as to where things stand there now.  Last poll out of there was in mid-September, and the national picture has changed a lot since then.  Does Obama have a realistic chance of holding McCain's victory margin down to <5% there?

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 12:52:47 AM »

Wait, wait.  Does this mean that ARG might have been wrong?

On a semi-related note, I'm hoping someone will give us another Arkansas poll one of these days, as I'm curious as to where things stand there now.  Last poll out of there was in mid-September, and the national picture has changed a lot since then.  Does Obama have a realistic chance of holding McCain's victory margin down to <5% there?

I had Arkansas somewhere in the mid-single digits before this poll, but then again I had West Virginia a bit below that.

I want a new AR poll, too.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 01:10:12 AM »

Undecideds will probably break strongly for McCain here. Obama will probably do better than Kerry at least though.

It looks like hype surrounding this one was not completely justified. This is exactly why we should never take polling from ARG and IA seriously.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 01:12:18 AM »

But this should at least disprove the absolutely beyond idiotic braindead crap about how this would be one of McCain's top 5 states and better than Idaho/Utah and how he would win every county, etc. All that garbage has been seriously posted on this forum.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 01:16:47 AM »

But this should at least disprove the absolutely beyond idiotic braindead crap about how this would be one of McCain's top 5 states and better than Idaho/Utah and how he would win every county, etc. All that garbage has been seriously posted on this forum.

Most of it was posted months and months ago. It was kind of stupid, even then, but I don't seriously think anyone is still predicting that McCain will break 60% in WV.
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 01:17:19 AM »

Other than blacks in my town/ county McCain has 99% of the vote.  These are the same people who thought he had a black baby in 2000 ironically enough.

I don't see why McCain would carry every county in West Va... are their any Obama strong holds?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 01:19:53 AM »

Other than blacks in my town/ county McCain has 99% of the vote.  These are the same people who thought he had a black baby in 2000 ironically enough.

I don't see why McCain would carry every county in West Va... are their any Obama strong holds?

Where in South Carolina do you live?
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 01:23:11 AM »

Anderson
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 01:54:17 AM »

I was down close that way on Company business a few months ago , Pickens SC,  what struck my as odd is everyone had bad teeth, do the employers down there not provide dental insurance?

Now the women in downtown Greenville is another story My, My My, Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 01:55:36 AM »

I was down close that way on Company business a few months ago , Pickens SC,  what struck my as odd is everyone had bad teeth, do the employers down there not provide dental insurance?

The women in Charleston are some of the best in the country.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 02:00:13 AM »

My experience down there was either the women were drop dead gorgeous , or looked like they were beat with an ugly stick, there was no in between, and a ton  of overweight women too, must be that good southern food.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 02:01:24 AM »

My experience down there was either the women were drop dead gorgeous , or looked like they were beat with an ugly stick, there was no in between, and a ton  of overweight women too, must be that good southern food.

You must have been in the wrong area. The girls at the College of Charleston are amazing. I am normally downtown in the ritzy areas, so maybe that's why.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 02:06:18 AM »

Most of it was posted months and months ago. It was kind of stupid, even then, but I don't seriously think anyone is still predicting that McCain will break 60% in WV.

I guess I'll own up & admit that I was one of the people predicting a McCain landslide in WV.
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 02:07:47 AM »

You must have been in the wrong area. The girls at the College of Charleston are amazing. I am normally downtown in the ritzy areas, so maybe that's why.

We like our women a little on trashy side and some meat on their bones. LOL

No, really iam from Orlando Fl been here for a good while. Its a good place untill election time then people get all worked up start using the N word again.

Damn GOP dividing the country to win elections ticks me off more then anything.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 10:02:23 AM »

A pragmatic Christian Democrat, which is what Obama is on economic and quality of life issues shouldn't be that hard a sell. It's not like WV hasn't voted to elect them before

Still, if they want more of the same, they'll vote McCain; if not they'll vote Obama

Dave
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 10:45:23 AM »

Undecideds will probably break strongly for McCain here.

More likely is that they just won't vote.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 11:15:30 AM »

FYI, some genius put this into the database under Public Opinion Strategies instead of Public Policy Polling.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 11:17:18 AM »

FYI, some genius put this into the database under Public Opinion Strategies instead of Public Policy Polling.

Fixed.  My bad Tongue
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 04:46:54 PM »

Dems should drop this state for the most part.  I really really want to win it, but its not going to be a tipping point.  Worry about getting 270, not blowouts.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 05:10:54 PM »

Dems should drop this state for the most part.  I really really want to win it, but its not going to be a tipping point.  Worry about getting 270, not blowouts.
I disagree, this could certainly be a tipping point if we wanted it to be, and with some effort.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies