2008: Huckabee v. Obama v. Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:14:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008: Huckabee v. Obama v. Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008: Huckabee v. Obama v. Clinton  (Read 2947 times)
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: 9.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2008, 02:35:09 AM »

Another 3 way race thread.

Republicans: McCain and Romney do not choose to run, McCain is not involved and Romney endorses Huckabee, Huckabee wins Iowa, but loses New Hampshire to Rudy Giuliani, Huckabee wins South Carolina in first place, barely beating Ron Paul. Thompson drops out after Florida, with is won by Huckabee in a landslide. Huckabee wins the nomination presumptively during Super Tuesday, due to support from The South and West, as well as Ron Paul and Rudy Giuliani battling out lesser states and delegates. At the convention, Huckabee announces that he picks Mitt Romney as his Running Mate, oddly combining Mormons and Evangelicals to unite to win The White House. More Populist Huckabee and Economic Genius Romney work together for success.

Democrats: Hillary gets in a deep argument with Bill and decides not to run. Obama gains Iowa, but loses New Hampshire to Dennis Kucinich, Kucinich wins in more primaries overall, but Obama pulls out enough delegates after Biden, Gravel, Gore (yes, he ran this TL), and Edwards all dropped out and endorsed him, thus helping him win by May. Obama picks Kucinich as his running mate, since Huckabee was ahead in polls in Ohio, in desperation to gain it.

Independents: Hillary starts having guilt trips for not running, since he really wanted to badly, since Obama is already her party's nominee, she runs as an Independent. She announces her campaign on July 14. At first she had no official VP until Jim Webb had a conference with her and he became her running mate on August 2. Polls showed Hillary was starting to make the race harder to determine, but many women and blue collar voters still have shown their loyalty to Huckabee, and to a lesser extent Obama.

Election Day:

The race is very close, moat states have had margins of 30% or 40% for most candidates. Hillary Clinton had stolen Liberal, Moderate, and Conservative Voters. With the election, very tight, there was no telling who won. When it came down, Huckabee was only 17 short of winning, there was no winner. Clinton had 205, due to the bulk of big states that preferred her over Obama. When The House of Representatives casted their votes, many Democrats were angry towards Hillary, others thought that this was foolishness. Due to the Democratic split between Clinton and Obama, Huckabee received enough votes in Congress to be declared winner of the election.

Huckabee/Romney - 253
Clinton/Webb - 205
Obama/Kucinich - 80
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 11:53:20 AM »

1. Romney would have nothing to do with Huckabee.
2. Hillary would have run regardless of anything.
3. Obama would attract many, many more supporters than Hillary, especially if he had a (D) next to his name on the ballot and she had an (I).
4. The Democratic Congress would have united around one or the other.

1. Who would be a better VP for him?
2. Okay, maybe Webb could be the 3rd party candidate and make it where Huckabee wins enough delegates to beat Obama
3. Okay.... Should we opt Obama out as if he never ran?
4. See #2
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 01:41:54 PM »

In reality, with two strong Democrats splitting the Democratic vote, Huckabee would sail to a convincing win in the election.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 04:28:33 PM »

In reality, with two strong Democrats splitting the Democratic vote, Huckabee would sail to a convincing win in the election.

So am I about right on the map?

P.S.: I am thinking about shifting CA to Huckabee, due to 2 Strong Democrats duking it out.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 08:37:49 PM »

As unlikely as it is, here's my best guess at a map:
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 08:51:53 PM »

I'm surprised nobody has noted the absurdity of Obama picking Dennis Kucinich in order to try and win Ohio.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 04:35:22 PM »

Obama has a much harder time in this TL ins wing states, due to no McCain and Hillary Clinton.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 04:38:46 PM »

I'm surprised nobody has noted the absurdity of Obama picking Dennis Kucinich in order to try and win Ohio.

I didn't notice Tongue
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 04:46:03 PM »

If Kucinich is a dumb choice, who should've been picked? I have used Dennis Kucinich as a candidate in a few political stories of mine.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 08:15:24 PM »

If Kucinich is a dumb choice, who should've been picked? I have used Dennis Kucinich as a candidate in a few political stories of mine.

Dennis Kucinich would not help swing Ohio.  If Dennis ran for statewide office, he'd lose to his Republican opponent by a 75% to 25% margin at best.

Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) or Gov. Ted Strickland (D-OH) would be better choices for that purpose.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 02:55:45 PM »

I will replace Kucinich with Strickland now.
perdedor

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 05:50:33 PM »

Do explain to me how Kucinich gives Obama so much trouble in the primaries? I would think that Edwards would be the prime opposition without Clinton in the mix. Secondly, it would be suicide for Obama to pick Kucinich...especially considering that it's been proven time and time again that VP candidates don't swing states. Finally, Jim Webb was an Obama supporter in the primaries and would not throw his political career away to run on a hopeless ticket with Clinton.

I will replace Kucinich with Strickland now.

Better, but still an unlikely selection.

All in all, Clinton's favorables plummet (especially among Democrats, who see her stunt as selfish and pathetic). She pulls 10%, 15% at the very most (she may poll higher in the beginning). All in all, it's enough to give the election to Huckabee.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies