Lending more credibility to Keystone Phil's anecdotes.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 01:27:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Lending more credibility to Keystone Phil's anecdotes.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Lending more credibility to Keystone Phil's anecdotes.  (Read 18657 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 03:52:17 PM »

A very angry gay, black man just walked into my office and demanded a Barack Obama sign.

FYI

Democratic voter...voting Democratic again...in a safe Democratic state. Good!

His rage is boiling over to other voters, Phil. You should know these things.

Roll Eyes

If you guys don't agree with my analysis, leave it at a simple disagreement. I'm tired of posting my thoughts (which are backed up by others) only to have it met with sarcasm or "LOL KEEP DREAMING, PHIL!"

I really wasn't trying to be sarcastic, man. Just trying to bring some levity to a thread that wasn't going your way.

I guess in the future I'll just avoid your threads.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »

By this logic in Kootenai County Obama will get very close to winning as there isn't much enthusiasm for McCain here.(as many Obama signs and bumper stickers as McCain ones)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 04:08:15 PM »

By this logic in Kootenai County Obama will get very close to winning as there isn't much enthusiasm for McCain here.(as many Obama signs and bumper stickers as McCain ones)

Roll Eyes

I've backed up my commentary with more than just visible excitment for a certain candidate.

There is also a lot of coverage (within political circles) concerning the young Obama fanatics marching into the city like they own the place. They're not cooperating with ward leaders and committeepeople. There have been several reports of them actually destroying McCain signs on private property up here in NE Philly. Word is that some local Democratic leaders are working out ticket splitting deals (vote McCain for President and Democratic for other statewide/local races).

Keep acting like you rule the world, guys. It's helping my side.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »

Roll Eyes

I've backed up my commentary with more than just visible excitment for a certain candidate.

There is also a lot of coverage (within political circles) concerning the young Obama fanatics marching into the city like they own the place. They're not cooperating with ward leaders and committeepeople. There have been several reports of them actually destroying McCain signs on private property up here in NE Philly. Word is that some local Democratic leaders are working out ticket splitting deals (vote McCain for President and Democratic for other statewide/local races).

Keep acting like you rule the world, guys. It's helping my side.
Hmmm I see what you are saying but I really doubt that with the current economic crisis there hasn't been lots of movement towards Obama in NE Philly, Allentown, Scranton, Pittsburgh etc.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2008, 11:16:19 PM »

And Santorum is going to upset Casey
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 11:19:35 PM »

LOL YEA

Now do you care to counter anything I have said (which has been backed up by several others including Obama supporting Democrats)?
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 11:21:14 PM »

This just only proves McCain is silly for wasting more money on a state that has slowly turned blue the entire election. He's better off in Ohio or even Florida.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2008, 11:26:48 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TgDanmWkg

I'm not a fan of anecdotal evidence, but if Palin is getting booed by hockey fans, it means McCain is in deep, deep trouble.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2008, 11:28:36 PM »

I'm not a fan of anecdotal evidence, but if Palin is getting booed by hockey fans, it means McCain is in deep, deep trouble.

these are the same fans that booed and pelted santa clause...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 11:35:45 PM »

Well, not really the same fans. Santa was booed and pelted at an Eagles game.  Wink

But yes, we're a tough town with tough fans. Consider that and the fact that the reaction is mixed and your "argument" means nothing.
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2008, 11:50:40 PM »

Well, not really the same fans. Santa was booed and pelted at an Eagles game.  Wink

But yes, we're a tough town with tough fans. Consider that and the fact that the reaction is mixed and your "argument" means nothing.

who goes to hockey games? middle and working class whites mostly. The exact people who are supposed to hate teh blak and love Palin for being a hockey mom. that's what most of her appeal is: she's a hockey mom just like you!

I'll be honest: if I saw Sarah Palin at a hockey game, I would clap, I wouldn't scream or hollar or anything but I wouldn't boo, especially if her kids were there. The fact that the boos were audible, even if the reaction was mixed, given the crowd, is a bad sign for Palin.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2008, 11:54:01 PM »

If you saw Santa Clause you wouldn't yell and throw stuff at him either, but you're not a hockey fan.

All it would take is 10% of the audience to be hard-core Democrats for that sort of ruckus to be made.  I don't think Phil is arguing that 100% of white working class whites love Palin....
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2008, 11:55:44 PM »

The fact that the boos were audible, even if the reaction was mixed, given the crowd, is a bad sign for Palin.

Uh...a very small minority can make themselves heard, pal.

I don't think Phil is arguing that 100% of white working class whites love Palin....

I'm not but I think I've moved past the idea that my critics have any interest in being fair towards me in their criticism.
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2008, 12:03:14 AM »

The fact that the boos were audible, even if the reaction was mixed, given the crowd, is a bad sign for Palin.

I don't think Phil is arguing that 100% of white working class whites love Palin....

I'm not but I think I've moved past the idea that my critics have any interest in being fair towards me in their criticism.

one of the many problems with anecdotal evidence is that it's so incredibly subjective that you can choose to ignore it if it doesn't support your position.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2008, 12:16:58 AM »

Come on Phil.  It's not gonna happen.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2008, 12:25:33 AM »

one of the many problems with anecdotal evidence is that it's so incredibly subjective that you can choose to ignore it if it doesn't support your position.

Roll Eyes

My evidence isn't incredibly subjective. Again, you and almost everyone else have ignored what several Obama supporting Democrats are saying about this area.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2008, 12:26:45 AM »

Phil,

I'm curious, and I don't mean that in the sarcastic I already think I have an answer to what may seem like a rhetorical question sort of way, but what sort of percentages does McCain need to pull in the regions of the state to win it?

You might also guide us by saying the national winner and his margin...

And I ask because...given the large current national lead for Obama, and a seemingly big lead currently in PA...I just, doing very rough mental math, can't think of a winning scenario for McCain...Kerry won PA by what...2 points? While losing nationally?

Obviously McCain's going to carry the T...maybe as strongly as Bush 04...but I just can't see the rest falling in line for JM
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2008, 12:27:57 AM »
« Edited: October 13, 2008, 12:39:44 AM by Keystone Phil »

Phil,

I'm curious, and I don't mean that in the sarcastic I already think I have an answer to what may seem like a rhetorical question sort of way, but what sort of percentages does McCain need to pull in the regions of the state to win it?

I don't know what percentages but I do know that Kerry was able to pull just over 60% in the NE and he also kicked ass in South Philly. Obama is not getting near that.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2008, 12:31:18 AM »

Is that enough to make up over 140k votes? (and most likely more, since Obama seems to be gaining elsewhere.)
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2008, 12:32:17 AM »

LOL YEA

Now do you care to counter anything I have said (which has been backed up by several others including Obama supporting Democrats)?

Just like how the networks called Pennsylvania for Casey shortly after the polls closed, the networks will call Pennsylvania for Obama the minute the polls close there.

It's over for McCain in Pennsylvania. He needs to shift focus towards OH, FL, VA, NC, IN, MO, CO, NM, NV, NH, ME-2, NE-2
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2008, 12:32:42 AM »

Phil,

I don't know what percentages but I do know that Kerry was able to pull just over 60% in the NE and he also kicked ass in South Philly. Obama is getting near that.

I assume a typo here.  But, is there any information about McCain in the areas he desperately needs to win or at least run close behind Obama in?  SE Burbs, LV, SW PA?  I can't imagine it looks good right now...now show me the national race tightening up...that may be different.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2008, 12:33:42 AM »

Is that enough to make up over 140k votes? (and most likely more, since Obama seems to be gaining elsewhere.)

If you can prove to me that Obama is getting 140,000 votes (or more) elsewhere, I'll concede that the results here won't make a difference.

LOL YEA

Just like how the networks called Pennsylvania for Casey shortly after the polls closed, the networks will call Pennsylvania for Obama the minute the polls close there.

That's nice.

Phil,

I don't know what percentages but I do know that Kerry was able to pull just over 60% in the NE and he also kicked ass in South Philly. Obama is getting near that.

I assume a typo here.  But, is there any information about McCain in the areas he desperately needs to win or at least run close behind Obama in?  SE Burbs, LV, SW PA?  I can't imagine it looks good right now...now show me the national race tightening up...that may be different.

What are you assuming to be a typo?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2008, 12:38:03 AM »

"obama is getting near that"

I assume you meant he wasnt getting so close...or maybe it wasnt a typo at all...?
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2008, 12:38:58 AM »

It's over for McCain in Pennsylvania.

This is the first ray of hope I have seen for McCain in Pennsylvania.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2008, 12:39:19 AM »

"obama is getting near that"

I assume you meant he wasnt getting so close...or maybe it wasnt a typo at all...?

Oh...right. Yeah, he's "not getting near that."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies