Lending more credibility to Keystone Phil's anecdotes.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 07:36:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Lending more credibility to Keystone Phil's anecdotes.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Lending more credibility to Keystone Phil's anecdotes.  (Read 18582 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2008, 11:11:51 PM »

Give me a run down as to the Democratic ground game in NE Philly (an area that gave Kerry nearly 60% of the vote).
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2008, 11:17:09 PM »

If Obama wins by more than Kerry's margin then Phil is gonna get a lot of heat from this thread.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2008, 11:18:17 PM »

I think Phil may have a point about his area of the city, but that says nothing at all about PA overall.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2008, 11:20:07 PM »

If Obama wins by more than Kerry's margin then Phil is gonna get a lot of heat from this thread.

LOL

Obama winning by more than Kerry's margin in NE Philly? Yeah...uh...right...

Anyway, this is proof that you're new here, pal. I always get heat from the trolls. They're obsessed with me. I kind of take pride in knowing that the filth of our fine forum hate me.

I think Phil may have a point about his area of the city, but that says nothing at all about PA overall.

Says nothing at all? Do these votes not get counted in the statewide total?
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2008, 11:22:00 PM »

Im going to bump this everyday after November 4th. Phil will be eating alot of crow my friends.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2008, 11:23:20 PM »

Don't be annoying sir.

I agree with Phil that McCain's strategy is to win PA and that McCain has a better shot than the raw numbers would indicate.

But McCain is not going to win PA and thus not going to win the election, so I don't see the point.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2008, 11:23:53 PM »

[

Says nothing at all? Do these votes not get counted in the statewide total?

Ok it says a tiny,tiny bit about the state. I remember in 2004 I could tell my city was swinging towards the democrats so I thought my state and the country would swing democrat. Not only was I wrong about the country, but my state moved the other direction as well. Strong performance by Mccain in NE philly can easily be counteracted by a strong performance by Obama in the suburbs, if not the black part of philly itself.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2008, 11:24:25 PM »

Im going to bump this everyday after November 4th. Phil will be eating alot of crow my friends.

Further confirmation that you're an immature troll. I look forward to the ban if you decide to do this.

LanceMcSteel

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2008, 11:28:45 PM »

What Phil doesn't get is that Obama may underperform in a working class Joe Plumber area such as NE Philly compared to Kerry but he will blow Kerry's numbers out the water among African Americans, students, white women, professionals and suburbanites. Obama is going to absolutely destroy McCain and the Philly Suburbs and match or exceed Kerry's Philly margin.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2008, 11:29:30 PM »

What Phil doesn't get is that Obama may underperform in a working class Joe Plumber area such as NE Philly compared to Kerry but he will blow Kerry's numbers out the water among African Americans, students, white women, professionals and suburbanites. Obama is going to absolutely destroy McCain and the Philly Suburbs and match or exceed Kerry's Philly margin.

I don't understand that that may happen? Is that why I have Obama winning the state by more than Kerry (as of now)?
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2008, 11:35:01 PM »

I don't understand that that may happen? Is that why I have Obama winning the state by more than Kerry (as of now)?

By a few points yes, but your prediction would suggest that Pennsylvania moved considerably to the right vis a vis the national average.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2008, 11:39:04 PM »

By a few points yes, but your prediction would suggest that Pennsylvania moved considerably to the right vis a vis the national average.

So be it. Let's agree to respectfully disagree, my friend.
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2008, 11:46:23 PM »

I wouldn't say I'm a newbie. I have been here for a long time. I just don't post that often.

However, I do remember you saying Santorum had a chance of winning PA. That I remember.

I really wanted Dems to take him out...and they did....overwhelmingly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2008, 11:48:04 PM »

I wouldn't say I'm a newbie. I have been here for a long time. I just don't post that often.

However, I do remember you saying Santorum had a chance of winning PA. That I remember.

I really wanted Dems to take him out...and they did....overwhelmingly.

Roll Eyes

And the point of posting that (as if I didn't already cover that)?
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2008, 11:49:45 PM »

lol...You are being too sensitive. Time to go to sleep?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2008, 11:50:48 PM »

lol...You are being too sensitive. Time to go to sleep?

No, not being too sensitive. I brought up that I was wrong in the past and that people love to harp on it. You respond by...harping on it. It's annoying.
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2008, 11:52:31 PM »

Hhaa...dude...when you make extremely bad predictions..then you expect to get hammer. Be a good sport about it and move on. If you are confrontational about it, they'll continue teasing you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2008, 11:53:34 PM »

Hhaa...dude...when you make extremely bad predictions..then you expect to get hammer. Be a good sport about it and move on. If you are confrontational about it, they'll continue teasing you.

I have moved on. I don't constantly bring it up. Others choose to be confrontational about it.
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2008, 11:56:17 PM »

Alright, I won't tease you anymore about Santorum. However, after Tuesday night, I may have to. Or, you may redeem yourself. I will sure give you credit.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2008, 11:57:09 PM »

However, after Tuesday night, I may have to.

What are you? Seven?
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2008, 11:59:44 PM »

I'm not sure you should be talking about being immature.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2008, 12:00:53 AM »

I'm not sure you should be talking about being immature.

Right. Let me know when I start saying stuff like, "I may have to tease you." Grow up, people. People make bad predictions. Be satisfied with your victory and carry on with your life like an adult. Don't be another BRTD.
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2008, 12:04:19 AM »

Good point.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2008, 04:17:16 PM »

I'll just use this thread for random anecdotal evidence...

I visited my Grandparents tonight. My Grandmother was telling me about a certain someone she is friendly with who stopped to talk to her at a local diner. All I'll say about this certain someone is that he or she is a major Democratic ward leader here in the NE Philly and this person also holds elected office.

The person asked my Grandmother, "So be honest. Who do you want?" My Grandmother told her that she's for McCain. The Democratic ward leader responded, "I wish there were more people like you."

Interesting. Anecdotal evidence that Dem ward leaders in North Philly wanted to make a deal with the McCain campaign, hoping to be kingmakers by delivering Dem votes for him, but there weren't enough people like your grandmother to make it work. Sounds like that guy was happy to find someone who agreed with him and had heard "Obama" too many times.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2008, 04:20:36 PM »

I'll just use this thread for random anecdotal evidence...

I visited my Grandparents tonight. My Grandmother was telling me about a certain someone she is friendly with who stopped to talk to her at a local diner. All I'll say about this certain someone is that he or she is a major Democratic ward leader here in the NE Philly and this person also holds elected office.

The person asked my Grandmother, "So be honest. Who do you want?" My Grandmother told her that she's for McCain. The Democratic ward leader responded, "I wish there were more people like you."

Interesting. Anecdotal evidence that Dem ward leaders in North Philly wanted to make a deal with the McCain campaign, hoping to be kingmakers by delivering Dem votes for him, but there weren't enough people like your grandmother to make it work. Sounds like that guy was happy to find someone who agreed with him and had heard "Obama" too many times.

I all honesty, I'm hearing the exact same things that Phil is hearing.

The question is, will Obama be back in PA?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies