Predict the Obama Presidency (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:45:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Predict the Obama Presidency (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict the Obama Presidency  (Read 6592 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: October 11, 2008, 11:05:34 PM »

Move over, Jimmy!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:55:13 AM »

Obama may coast to re-election in 2012 by defeating Mitt Romney 62-38.

Oh man...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 11:30:52 AM »

Well, it looks like his followers cannot conceive a scenario in which he will be unsuccessful.

Well, of course not. They can, however, think of a scenario where their man ends up winning the biggest landslide in Presidential history (or at least very close to it with 62% of the vote)! It's too precious.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 12:15:36 PM »

Change, yes, but change bastardized by the Harry Reids and Nancy Pelosis of the world.

If he wins enough of an electoral mandate, I could imagine Obama maneuvering (behind the scenes, of course) for Durbin to move up to the top spot.

Oh, we can only hope! I'd love for my former least favorite U.S. Senator to become the GOP punching bag.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 01:47:13 PM »

I doubt you're going to get very many unbiased answers to this question. Predictably, Republicans will think he'll be a disaster and Democrats will think (mostly) that he'll do an excellent job.

I actually don't think he'll necessarily be a disaster. I have warned my fellow Republicans countless times not to think that he'll definitely be incredibly unpopular and that we'll be embraced. Far too many on my side are way too confident about that happening.

That being said, yes, I think he'll be bad. I'm just not going to act like I know this for a fact.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 01:01:42 PM »

It shouldn't be the Government's choice as to who can or can't have an abortion. If A women feels like it needs to be done, that's her decision. Why do you feel like you need to refuse a woman's right to do what she wants with her life/body?

I've never understood how people overlook that it's two bodies, not one.

That doesn't help their argument!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies