McCain campaign leaks: Big news tomorrow! Edit: It's a 100-second Ayers ad :(
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:11:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  McCain campaign leaks: Big news tomorrow! Edit: It's a 100-second Ayers ad :(
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Poll
Question: What will it be?
Obama-Oprah sex tape

Obama punching a puppy

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: McCain campaign leaks: Big news tomorrow! Edit: It's a 100-second Ayers ad :(  (Read 10936 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2008, 10:27:32 AM »

1 minute = 60 seconds

1 minute 40 seconds = 100 seconds

Damn!  I wasn't paying attention and I don't watch enough Youtube videos...editing..

good call
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2008, 10:27:47 AM »

This is kind of weak.  It smacks of desperation in the McCain campaign.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2008, 10:27:59 AM »

The big news is a middle-of-the-road YouTube documentary?  Bah.  They didn't even do the attack from the proper angle.

(Why does it have the "approve this message" bit if it's a web video?)

Edit: Oh, it's an ad?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2008, 10:28:23 AM »

Anyway, that new Ayers ad is NASTY. Hopefully the American public won't buy into that nonsense.
It's nasty, but so is attacking Nixon on Watergate - both issues are "nasty" to the American people, but like Watergate, the stuff about Ayers actually happened.
Anyway, that new Ayers ad is NASTY. Hopefully the American public won't buy into that nonsense.
It's nasty, but so is attacking Nixon on Watergate - both issues are "nasty" to the American people, but like Watergate, the stuff about Ayers actually happened.
But the thing is Obama didn't do anything, unlike Nixon. I mean if one of my co-workers rapped someone 40 years ago and I work with that co-worker to get a big job done or that co-work has a party for me does that make me pro-rap? Its stupid and not going to work, Americans I hope are smarter then that.

Please enlighten us; What was it that Nixon did exactly?

You mean, besides ordering his opponents to be "screwed"?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »

Anyone who really cares about William Ayers is already voting for McCain.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2008, 10:39:53 AM »

McCain has just given me licence to wipe the bloody floor with him. Smear-peddling personification of reptilian self-servitude that he is

Dave
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2008, 10:42:36 AM »

Wrong.

Indeed, you're ight.  Look at Beef's recent swing voter post, he's completely undecided, partly because he doesn't know what to think about Wright/Ayers.

I think the McCain campaign should blitz Wright "God Damn America" ads in the waning days.  They could be forbidding any of the surrogates from mentioning it, just so it appears more fresh and exciting when they do it.

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2008, 10:51:28 AM »

Wrong.

Indeed, you're ight.  Look at Beef's recent swing voter post, he's completely undecided, partly because he doesn't know what to think about Wright/Ayers.

I think the McCain campaign should blitz Wright "God Damn America" ads in the waning days.  They could be forbidding any of the surrogates from mentioning it, just so it appears more fresh and exciting when they do it.

Well race-baiting is about the level I've come to expect from the personification of reptilian self-servitude that is John McCain

Dave
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2008, 10:55:20 AM »

Pathetic.Simply,utterly pathetic.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2008, 10:56:56 AM »

Wrong.

Well race-baiting is about the level I've come to expect from the personification of reptilian self-servitude that is John McCain

Dave

You're whining way too much for one thread, Obama has tons of vulnerable little sidenotes like this, McCain is losing, so he breaks them out, it's no surprise, and believe you me your candidate would have done it too if he were in the same position with less than a month to go.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2008, 10:57:31 AM »

Anyway?  Obama's 13 minute video,  > 140 seconds.  Obama's aleady has 1.3 million views.

We'll see.

You're really going to claim victory when it comes to who gets more activity/viewers on the Internets? Really?
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2008, 11:05:07 AM »

Anyway?  Obama's 13 minute video,  > 140 seconds.  Obama's aleady has 1.3 million views.

We'll see.

You're really going to claim victory when it comes to who gets more activity/viewers on the Internets? Really?
Isn't the Ayers ad an internet-only ad as well?Not that it will change much,given its insignificance.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2008, 11:07:10 AM »

We'll see.

Isn't the Ayers ad an internet-only ad as well?Not that it will change much,given its insignificance.

Yeah but there's still no reason to act like its some huge victory.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2008, 11:25:28 AM »

Wrong.

Dave

You're whining way too much for one thread, Obama has tons of vulnerable little sidenotes like this, McCain is losing, so he breaks them out, it's no surprise, and believe you me your candidate would have done it too if he were in the same position with less than a month to go.

I don't whine, I kick ass Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2008, 11:31:24 AM »

But the thing is Obama didn't do anything, unlike Nixon. I mean if one of my co-workers rapped someone 40 years ago and I work with that co-worker to get a big job done or that co-work has a party for me does that make me pro-rap? Its stupid and not going to work, Americans I hope are smarter then that.

I'm not saying that Obama is pro-terrorism.  But I would say that if you had a fundraiser at a rapists house who said that he didn't rape enough women and wished he'd raped more, I'd seriously question your qualifications of being a leader.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2008, 11:51:20 AM »

I'm not saying that Obama is pro-terrorism.  But I would say that if you had a fundraiser at a rapists house who said that he didn't rape enough women and wished he'd raped more, I'd seriously question your qualifications of being a leader.

I seriously question whether McCain has either the testicular fortitude (he capitulated to the reactionary base of his party like a spineless wuss by passing over running mates like Tom Ridge or Joe Lieberman for Saintly Sarah) or the temperament to be a leader. George F. Will, a conservative syndicated columnist, hit the nail on the head:

"Under the pressures of the financial crisis, one presidential candidate is behaving like a flustered rookie playing in a league too high. It is not Barack Obama"

That little stunt in "suspending" his campaign wasn't an act of leadership either. It was typical McCain, he saw something in it for him, the vain hope that voters would come flooding the way of a great man who put "country first" perhaps?

McCain says America needs a steady hand at the tiller; I'd say it needs a cool head at the ready Smiley

The most brilliant display of "leadership" I've seen from McCain was flipping on offshore drilling - the very same day, and within hours, of a Rasmussen poll (June 18) suggesting a majority were in favor. Where's the conviction in flipping by poll without so much as moment's thought? Granted Obama seems open to the idea, but after much thought, and as part of a wider energy strategy

I'm watching McCain like a hawk Wink - and I'll call the dog out with relish when he warrants it

Dave
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2008, 11:55:01 AM »

I seriously question whether McCain has either the testicular fortitude (he capitulated to the reactionary base of his party like a spineless wuss by passing over running mates like Tom Ridge or Joe Lieberman for Saintly Sarah) or the temperament to be a leader. George F. Will, a conservative syndicated columnist, hit the nail on the head:

"Under the pressures of the financial crisis, one presidential candidate is behaving like a flustered rookie playing in a league too high. It is not Barack Obama"

That little stunt in "suspending" his campaign wasn't an act of leadership either. It was typical McCain, he saw something in it for him, the vain hope that voters would come flooding the way of a great man who put "country first" perhaps?

McCain says America needs a steady hand at the tiller; I'd say it needs a cool head at the ready Smiley

The most brilliant display of "leadership" I've seen from McCain was flipping on offshore drilling - the very same day, and within hours, of a Rasmussen poll (June 18) suggesting a majority were in favor. Where's the conviction in flipping by poll without so much as moment's thought? Granted Obama seems open to the idea, but after much thought, and as part of a wider energy strategy

I'm watching McCain like a hawk Wink - and I'll call the dog out with relish when he warrants it

Dave

KARRYING OWT HIS WAR FROM TEH FABULUS INTARWEBS!
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2008, 12:10:10 PM »

Dave

KARRYING OWT HIS WAR FROM TEH FABULUS INTARWEBS!

It's war all right Wink. Back in January 2008, when I bestowed Favored Republican status on McCain, I never for one minute envisaged my becoming one of his most vehement Forum critics

I don't enoy taking the cane to McCain any more than I've enjoyed beating about the Bush; far from it. In fact, I was just lamenting to my mother the other night that I was feeling guilty about it (in a rare moment of soft-headedness) thinking back to the days when he was tortured by his Viet Minh captors

But McCain has earned himself my animosity as a consequence of his very own actions, and, at times, most uncivil and undignifed conduct

Dave
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2008, 12:17:41 PM »

These "big news" announcements are never big, simply because if they are they'll get leaked earlier. The purpose of saying there's "big news" coming up is to attract more attention to the non-story. If McCain released this ad without that "big news coming" bit, no one would pay attention.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2008, 12:51:41 PM »

You know for all the talk that the election should "be about serious issues" this thread has 9 pages and the one on whether some woman of average intellectence and no importance beliefs (important word that) that Dinosaurs and Humans co-existed has 5 pages.

Oh, the Trivality.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2008, 01:10:39 PM »

It's actually only 90 seconds now, which means it could theoretically be run on TV.  But I think you already know what I think of long ads - this one is 60 seconds too long.  It works, but would be far more damning if shorter.

And as I said before, this isn't really about Bill Ayres.  It's about Barack Obama.  And Bill Ayres is just one of many of Barack Obama's questionable friends.  Expect more to come.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2008, 01:12:59 PM »

It's actually only 90 seconds now, which means it could theoretically be run on TV.  But I think you already know what I think of long ads - this one is 60 seconds too long.  It works, but would be far more damning if shorter.

And as I said before, this isn't really about Bill Ayres.  It's about Barack Obama.  And Bill Ayres is just one of many of Barack Obama's questionable friends.  Expect more to come.

Good thing then that McCain only associates with people of such fantastic character as Charles Keating, Rick Renzi, John Hagee and George W. Bush.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2008, 01:17:12 PM »

Good thing then that McCain only associates with people of such fantastic character as Charles Keating, Rick Renzi, John Hagee and George W. Bush.

Well if McCain's association with George Bush is fair game, why isn't Obama's association with Bill Ayres?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2008, 01:18:46 PM »

Your side is the one saying Ayers is fair game but McCain isn't a Bush clone.

Oh yeah:

exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2008, 01:26:26 PM »

Well if McCain's association with George Bush is fair game, why isn't Obama's association with Bill Ayres?

Beating it to a pulp isn't going to help McCain any. The issue was brought up during the primaries and everyone moved on. Everyday the McCain campaign doesnt focus entirely on the economy and whats at stake, and continues to make a fool of themselves. They lose.

It's sad seeing the Republicans resort to desperation at a time like this. Pretty selfish id say.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies