CNN/Time: Obama leads in OH, WI & NH, McCain in IN, NC toss-up
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:27:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CNN/Time: Obama leads in OH, WI & NH, McCain in IN, NC toss-up
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN/Time: Obama leads in OH, WI & NH, McCain in IN, NC toss-up  (Read 1536 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2008, 05:28:59 AM »

Indiana:

McCain - 51%
Obama - 46%

New Hampshire:

Obama - 53%
McCain - 45%

North Carolina:

Obama - 49%
McCain - 49%

Ohio:

Obama - 50%
McCain - 47%

Wisconsin:

Obama - 51%
McCain - 46%

The CNN/Time Magazine/Opinion Research Corporation polls were conduced October 3-6, with 677 likely voters in Indiana; 813 likely voters in New Hampshire; 666 likely voters in North Carolina; 749 likely voters in Ohio; and 859 likely voters in Wisconsin, all questioned by telephone.

The survey’s sampling error is plus or minus 3.5 percentage points in New Hampshire, Ohio and Wisconsin, and plus or minus 4 percentage points in Indiana and North Carolina.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/07/cnn-polls-new-obama-gains-in-battleground-states/#more-23059
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:33:08 AM »

Nationally CNN/Opinion Research have Obama up by 8 - 53 to 45.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/06/poll.of.polls/index.html
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:49:58 AM »

As opposed to some of the recent polls we've seen, these polls look reasonable (although they don't conform to a national eight-point lead).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:52:28 AM »

I really like these polls.

IN is right where I expect it to be, Obama's ceiling is probably 47-48%, if we assume that a few undecideds are added to the 46%.

In OH it will come down to the Independents: If Obama wins Indies by higher single digits, he should carry the state. He needs to win by this margin, because more Democrats will vote for McCain than Republicans for Obama. Rasmussen had Indies for McCain by 2 yesterday, but I doubt this was true.

North Carolina should be really interesting. But I expect Obama to get only 30-35% of Whites in the end, enabling a slight McCain win.

No comment on WI and NH, at the moment they seem to be out of reach for McCain.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:55:45 AM »

Note on North Carolina, Kerry won around 35% of the whites in 2004. Like I said many moons ago, NC will be an all nighter for all three races being held.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:54:09 AM »

No comment on WI and NH, at the moment they seem to be out of reach for McCain.

Thats a comment Tongue
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 11:01:56 AM »

Shifts since last CNN polls of these states (09-16) (when McCain was +1 on both Ras tracking and Gallup tracking)

WI  O+2
NC  O+1
OH  O+2
IN  O+1
NH O+3

So the swing states aren't shifting as much as the country as a whole ?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 12:22:40 PM »

Note on North Carolina, Kerry won around 35% of the whites in 2004. Like I said many moons ago, NC will be an all nighter for all three races being held.

I think you're some sort of psychic. Didn't you predict Palin would be chosen in a dream a while back?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 12:51:34 PM »

I think you're some sort of psychic. Didn't you predict Palin would be chosen in a dream a while back?

I had a dream that McCain called out his VP and she walked out and she had on glasses, a dress skirt, and dirty blonde hair. I couldn't make out the face at all, that was back around Aug 5th. I also had another dream about 3 weeks ago, that I was looking at the returns of NC on election day and Obama was winning Guilford county and he had 60% in guilford county and McCain was winning Forsyth by 2%.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 05:04:34 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2008, 07:32:34 PM by Eraserhead »

I had a dream that McCain called out his VP and she walked out and she had on glasses, a dress skirt, and dirty blonde hair. I couldn't make out the face at all, that was back around Aug 5th. I also had another dream about 3 weeks ago, that I was looking at the returns of NC on election day and Obama was winning Guilford county and he had 60% in guilford county and McCain was winning Forsyth by 2%.

Nobody has dreams like that.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 09:10:40 PM »

Nobody has dreams likr that.

Ok, but I did.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 09:17:38 PM »

Yeah, maybe you are psychic. I wouldn't be surprised if he did win Forsyth county at this point.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 09:20:13 PM »

Yeah, maybe you are psychic. I wouldn't be surprised if he did win Forsyth county at this point.
He wasn't winning forsyth, McCain was, by 2%
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 06:53:47 AM »

So, if Obama wins Guilford county with 60% and McCain leads Forsyth by 2%, is that good for Obama?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 06:55:07 AM »

So, if Obama wins Guilford county with 60% and McCain leads Forsyth by 2%, is that good for Obama?

Probably not enough to win the state.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 07:51:02 AM »

Probably not enough to win the state.
[/quote

Well look at it this way, Kerry won Guilford County by 2% in 2004 and Bush won Forsyth by 10% in 2004. But like I said that was the early returns, still over half of the state's counties were not reporting.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies