NC: Rasmussen: Obama ahead by 3%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 12:50:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NC: Rasmussen: Obama ahead by 3%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NC: Rasmussen: Obama ahead by 3%  (Read 3108 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2008, 06:30:09 AM »
« edited: October 02, 2008, 07:16:21 AM by DukeFan22 »

New Poll: North Carolina President by Rasmussen on 2008-09-30

Summary: D: 50%, R: 47%, I: 2%, U: 1%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 06:48:26 AM »

This is getting silly.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 06:52:23 AM »

NC is a pure toss-up.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 07:36:20 AM »

Since Obama will be getting 98% of the black vote, McCain needs to make him unappealing to white voters. It's time to start the Rev. Wright ads.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 07:46:25 AM »

Since Obama will be getting 98% of the black vote, McCain needs to make him unappealing to white voters. It's time to start the Rev. Wright ads.

All that would do is backfire on McCain, make him look like an old mean racist white guy. It would push Blacks to come out in higher number and push the 40 and under age group away for McCain.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 07:51:47 AM »

I expect McCain to start running Rev. Wright ads within the next two weeks. The good news for Obama is that everybody already knows about it and the issue has pretty much been put to rest.

Still, the McCain campaign will have nothing to lose at that point.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 07:54:58 AM »

All that would do is backfire on McCain, make him look like an old mean racist white guy. It would push Blacks to come out in higher number and push the 40 and under age group away for McCain.

McCain doesn't have to do the ads. 527's will do the job for him. Plus, remember when the Rev. Wright story first broke, remember the poll numbers right after then? McCain +12 in VA and McCain +15 in MO. It works. People don't like that he attended a racist church for 20 years.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 07:57:29 AM »

I expect McCain to start running Rev. Wright ads within the next two weeks. The good news for Obama is that everybody already knows about it and the issue has pretty much been put to rest.

Still, the McCain campaign will have nothing to lose at that point.

Yeah, unlike the Swiftboating in '04 everyone has expected Rev. Wright ads to pop up from the Republican campaign since March. I'm sure Obama's camp has some sort of response ready when it inevitably crops up again. If they don't, then they deserve to get smacked by it like Kerry in '04.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 07:59:04 AM »

McCain doesn't have to do the ads. 527's will do the job for him. Plus, remember when the Rev. Wright story first broke, remember the poll numbers right after then? McCain +12 in VA and McCain +15 in MO. It works. People don't like that he attended a racist church for 20 years.

I kinda expect them to do it, but it surely won't work. Its not as if anyone doesn't know about it already, and they must have focus-grouped the hell out of it already. If it was going to be a winner it would have been out there for a while now, why save it for so late in the day?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 08:00:02 AM »

Its not going to work this time. It is a dead horse now, right now people don't care about stupid things like that. I only care about who is going to give them the most money in there banks, and right now Obama is that person.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 08:03:10 AM »

I only care about who is going to give them the most money in there banks, and right now Obama is that person.

Well thats just retarded. But coming from you, why should I be surprised.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 08:05:02 AM »

I only care about who is going to give them the most money in there banks, and right now Obama is that person.

How is that retarded?
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 08:06:24 AM »

How is that retarded?

Obama wants to take more of your money, and raise the hell out of your taxes. Who do you think will pay for his government healthcare?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 08:11:17 AM »

How is that retarded?

Obama wants to take more of your money, and raise the hell out of your taxes. Who do you think will pay for his government healthcare?

Well, it really isn't going to change how much I get back each week, because I have healthcare and they take it out of my check each week.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 08:50:02 AM »

How is that retarded?

LIBS!!!!!!!!
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 08:59:15 AM »

Bush really outpolled his results in NC.  I expect McCain to win the state.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 09:01:46 AM »

When this poll was done, RCP had Obama up by 4.8% in the National polls.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 09:08:09 AM »

It really doesn't make any sense that NC is only like 2 points more Republican than the national average.  It was 10 points more Republican in 2004.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 09:21:07 AM »

It really doesn't make any sense that NC is only like 2 points more Republican than the national average.  It was 10 points more Republican in 2004.

things change Ronnie...not gonna move up and down proportionally forever.

There was no economic crisis 4 years ago...and I would say that Palin isn't all that popular in North Carolina and Virginia. (at least compared to other Southern states)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 09:30:57 AM »

things change Ronnie...not gonna move up and down proportionally forever.

There was no economic crisis 4 years ago...and I would say that Palin isn't all that popular in North Carolina and Virginia. (at least compared to other Southern states)

Well Palin is popular in North Carolina, as a person, not a cadidate. I've said this for a long time now, North Carolina isn't the same state it was back in 04/00.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 09:34:17 AM »

Also one fact to think about. In 2004 Rasy put out a NC poll 9/29/04 and in the poll Bush was ahead by 12%, Bush won NC in 2004 by 12%. Just something to think about.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 09:46:25 AM »

What I want to know is if the gas crisis is moving voters in Georgia and North Carolina--a very reasonable hypothesis--why is TN still solid for McCain?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 09:48:49 AM »

What I want to know is if the gas crisis is moving voters in Georgia and North Carolina--a very reasonable hypothesis--why is TN still solid for McCain?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the gas crisis was mostly Georgia with some spillover into Alabama, but little impact in TN or NC.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 09:50:41 AM »

For one gas prices aren't that higher then the National Avg. I think it like 3.98 in Greensboro. So I don't think that has much effect.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 09:53:38 AM »

Even Al Gore didn't win his home state.  TN isn't going anywhere but McCain.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies