Newest Fox News/Rasmussen Swing State Polls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:22:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Newest Fox News/Rasmussen Swing State Polls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Newest Fox News/Rasmussen Swing State Polls  (Read 5812 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 12:24:46 AM »

Okay, Michigan is off the table.  Pull all resources out of there and shift to Colorado.

the problem with doing that is, assuming McCain is actually writing off NM and IA, he's leaving himself with no margin for error in CO and VA unless he plays some offense in NH, PA, and MI.

He's certainly playing offense in New Hampshire.  And Obama is playing defense.  Ads are running all the time alongside of Sununu/Shaheen ads on NECN.
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 03:55:55 AM »

I'm not talking about the forum, but all the attention that goofy poll got today that said racism could cost Obama up to 6 pts, which is just patently ridiculous.  Why make excuses for losing when it's cut and dried the guy is going to win? It just drives me nuts to read articles about panicked Dems worried about losing...are they nuts?

MPF, it is not at all cut and dried that Obama will win - I think it is more likely that McCain will win, and for the obvious reason:  Racism.  Your denial of this pervasive and powerful aspect of American society seems a bit telling. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 12:57:47 PM »

I'm not talking about the forum, but all the attention that goofy poll got today that said racism could cost Obama up to 6 pts, which is just patently ridiculous.  Why make excuses for losing when it's cut and dried the guy is going to win?  I don't think he deserves to win...Obama has always been a very lucky politician...and it's better to be lucky than good.  The timing of the financial crisis couldn't have been better for Obama.  He had been on the defensive and now attention is taken off him and then McCain blunders with his "fundamentals of the economy" remark and the election is handed to him on a silver platter.  But I'm realistic enough to see how the polls/numbers are breaking.  It just drives me nuts to read articles about panicked Dems worried about losing...are they nuts?

In theory it could be 6 points, but I doubt it.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 02:16:25 PM »

So according to the most recent Rasmussen polls, Ohio and Florida are not as close as Indiana and North Carolina. Let the surreal nature of that sink into your brains, IF YOU DARE.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 02:21:39 PM »

So according to the most recent Rasmussen polls, Ohio and Florida are not as close as Indiana and North Carolina. Let the surreal nature of that sink into your brains, IF YOU DARE.

Which do you think is more likely?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 02:28:43 PM »

I'm Probably giving PA and MI to Obama.  I think there is a Bradley effect, but not that great of one.

I'm so sick of hearing about the "Bradley effect" and the whining about racism costing Obama the election.  Why aren't the Dems just happy their guy is pretty comfortably ahead?  I was talking to a Milwaukee attorney today who is active in Democrat politics in the city and he is convinced...and I mean convinced...that it will be at least a 3 pt swing for McCain due to racism/bradley effect.   I told him he was nuts and to relax and enjoy his guy's victory.

I just don't understand this paranoia.

Because it keeps on coming up.  I doubt if it is 3 points, but I expect it to be present.

In other words, you don't have to be twice as good to get half as far, you just have to be your poll numbers ahead of the other guy, minus one. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies