Scott Rasmussen: Rossi surges, now up by six
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:34:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Scott Rasmussen: Rossi surges, now up by six
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott Rasmussen: Rossi surges, now up by six  (Read 3060 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2008, 11:43:54 AM »

link

52-46
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:46:21 AM »

It would be very sad to see that despicable piece of sh*t slowly rape and murder my state on a daily basis for four years. I have absolutely no doubt that, had he managed to steal the election 2004, he would be losing in a landslide right now. I hope this Republican surge in Washington is temporary. I suppose I would rather have it happen in early September than early November. Oh well. Sad
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 12:53:24 PM »

Is this from the same survey that had Obama only up by 2 in WA? If so, color me skeptical.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 01:29:19 PM »

please don't dissapoint me Gregoire. It looks like I might have to go into hardcore campaign mode if things don't get better soon. Rossi.... eww....
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 04:26:23 PM »

I dont see how Rossi wins unless McCain also wins the state. 
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 04:34:59 PM »

how is that?

Look at 2004, the gubernatorial race, as we all know, was much closer than the presidential race.

Why should it be such an enormous difference this time?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 05:01:03 PM »

how is that?

Look at 2004, the gubernatorial race, as we all know, was much closer than the presidential race.

Why should it be such an enormous difference this time?

I would think that an incumbent should be able to at least run even with her parties Presidential nominee.  As Michael Barone would say, any incumbent who is unable to run at least six points ahead of their party shouldnt be in an elected position. 
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 06:56:52 PM »

SurveyUSA had McCain down 18% in May and 16% in July, and Rossi was in a statistical tie.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »

I don't no much about Washington politics but I do know that the Democrats have been in charge here in NC for 16 years, and they have run the state in the ground we have the highest dropout rate and we are the least friendly state to jobs and growth in a region that has done well in both for years. Since Washington has had one party rule for 24 years I can only imagine the condition they are in. So go Dino!!!!
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 09:08:25 PM »

Is this from the same survey that had Obama only up by 2 in WA? If so, color me skeptical.

Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 09:22:54 PM »

we are the least friendly state to jobs and growth in a region that has done well in both for years.

I don't think thats true. You don't add 1 million people since 2000 (one of the highest growth rates in the nation), without adding lots of jobs and growth. North Carolina is doing great compared to most other states.

I hope those WA numbers are an outlier, but now I see that WA has gone from Strong Dem to Slight Dem on our Polls Map.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 09:27:36 PM »

I don't no much about Washington politics but I do know that the Democrats have been in charge here in NC for 16 years, and they have run the state in the ground we have the highest dropout rate and we are the least friendly state to jobs and growth in a region that has done well in both for years. Since Washington has had one party rule for 24 years I can only imagine the condition they are in. So go Dino!!!!

Republicans had the legislature in both states for much of the 1990's. 
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 01:09:46 AM »

It would be very sad to see that despicable piece of sh*t slowly rape and murder my state on a daily basis for four years.

I would love to know if this is based on anything whatsoever besides the letter "R."
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 01:23:32 AM »

It would be very sad to see that despicable piece of sh*t slowly rape and murder my state on a daily basis for four years.

I would love to know if this is based on anything whatsoever besides the letter "R."

I have some friends who have met Dino Rossi and Chris Gregoire. While Gregoire answered their questioned with solutions, according to my friends Rossi was stupid and couldn't answer the questions to the problems in our state. I would expect Rossi to have incredibly low approval ratings if he were actually elected. WA Democrats are pretty good about keeping jobs and protecting workers while still maintaining a steady growth rate. We haven't succumbed to the mortgage crises of places like Florida, California, Ohio, or Michigan. Our economy isn't booming, but it hasn't collapsed.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 01:40:33 AM »

Finding a national ranking of HS drop-out rates by state proved difficult, but I would be surprised if Washington was in the top 10.

The Pew Institute ranked Washington as one of the three best managed states in the nation: http://www.pewcenteronthestates.org/gpp_report_card.aspx

Forbes says Washington is the third best state for business (and I believe fourth best to start a business from another ranking, Fortune IIRC?), and has given much credit to Governor Gregoire: http://www.forbes.com/2008/07/30/virginia-georgia-utah-biz-cz_kb_0731beststates_table.htm

And just who in their right mind would trust Rossi as someone who can be "fiscally responsible" with his joke-of-a-transportation plan? http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2008165463_transpo08m.html

So I'll have to agree with the beginning of your post. You certainly don't "no" much about Washington politics at all.

Now, Washington's Republican Governors on the other hand...

HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 02:18:31 AM »

I have some friends who have met Dino Rossi and Chris Gregoire. While Gregoire answered their questioned with solutions, according to my friends Rossi was stupid and couldn't answer the questions to the problems in our state. I would expect Rossi to have incredibly low approval ratings if he were actually elected. WA Democrats are pretty good about keeping jobs and protecting workers while still maintaining a steady growth rate. We haven't succumbed to the mortgage crises of places like Florida, California, Ohio, or Michigan. Our economy isn't booming, but it hasn't collapsed.

"My friends said he did not answer their questions to their satisfaction" still falls short of being a rapist formed from excrement, though.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 02:47:59 PM »

Finding a national ranking of HS drop-out rates by state proved difficult, but I would be surprised if Washington was in the top 10.

The Pew Institute ranked Washington as one of the three best managed states in the nation: http://www.pewcenteronthestates.org/gpp_report_card.aspx

Forbes says Washington is the third best state for business (and I believe fourth best to start a business from another ranking, Fortune IIRC?), and has given much credit to Governor Gregoire: http://www.forbes.com/2008/07/30/virginia-georgia-utah-biz-cz_kb_0731beststates_table.htm

And just who in their right mind would trust Rossi as someone who can be "fiscally responsible" with his joke-of-a-transportation plan? http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2008165463_transpo08m.html

So I'll have to agree with the beginning of your post. You certainly don't "no" much about Washington politics at all.

Thats very good and I am sure Washington will continue to do well. As I said I am not that familiar with Washington politics or economy cause I have never been there. Appearently Washington Democrats no what they are doing. If things don't change here I might take up residence in better run state and Washington just might be on the list.

we are the least friendly state to jobs and growth in a region that has done well in both for years.

I don't think thats true. You don't add 1 million people since 2000 (one of the highest growth rates in the nation), without adding lots of jobs and growth. North Carolina is doing great compared to most other states.

I hope those WA numbers are an outlier, but now I see that WA has gone from Strong Dem to Slight Dem on our Polls Map.

Compared to what? Michigan. Yes NC has missed the Housing crisis to some extent but compared to other Southern states our economy has grown slowly. Both Governors Jim Hunt and Mike Easily made Education important issues and yet it has only gotten worse. We have one of the highest dropout rates. The requirements for graduation have become to complex to quickly so that will likely rise.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 04:37:26 PM »

Thats very good and I am sure Washington will continue to do well. As I said I am not that familiar with Washington politics or economy cause I have never been there. Appearently Washington Democrats no what they are doing. If things don't change here I might take up residence in better run state and Washington just might be on the list.

Compared to what? Michigan. Yes NC has missed the Housing crisis to some extent but compared to other Southern states our economy has grown slowly. Both Governors Jim Hunt and Mike Easily made Education important issues and yet it has only gotten worse. We have one of the highest dropout rates. The requirements for graduation have become to complex to quickly so that will likely rise.

Dont read too much into the whole dropout rates thing. My dad works in administrative education and apparently every state has a different method of measuring drop out rates so basically it is useless to campare them across the country. I see North Carolina as one of the more sane sountern states. Oh and North Carolina ranks 11th in the US in terms of economic growth, not that bad.
http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/states/economic_indicators.cfm/state=NC
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 05:06:14 PM »

Just as the Michigan poll of Rasmussen appears to lean towards the edge of the Democratic side of the MOE, this poll leans towards the edge of the Republican side of the MOE.  Or at least that's what I would expect.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »

Hmm, I doubt that Rossi is leading. If he couln't win in 2004, I'm suspicious of anything saying he could win in 2008.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 07:14:21 PM »

Hmm, I doubt that Rossi is leading. If he couln't win in 2004, I'm suspicious of anything saying he could win in 2008.

They said the same thing about Linda Lingle.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 08:53:10 PM »

Are drop-out rates really the most important issue right now? You're just looking for any statistic that reflects badly on the incumbent party. Connecticut probably has low drop-out rates, but our economy is terrible compared to North Carolina's because it is so expensive to live or do business here. There are a lot of states that would love to be in NC's shoes these days, so you should count your blessings.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 12:17:43 PM »

Umm... Rossi leads amongst the 18-29 demgraphic 72-20 according to this poll.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 05:12:48 PM »

He'll do well among young people for a Republican, perhaps even win the demographic... but lol @ 72%
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 10:44:09 PM »

They said the same thing about Linda Lingle.

Linda Lingle didn't whine about her loss and Hawaii has a weaker economy. She's also not as far to the right as Dino Rossi.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies