Mideast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:39:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 137
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 252442 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2350 on: August 09, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »

I just think that a blanket attack on "greenhouse gases" is something that will have unexpected consequences.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2351 on: August 09, 2010, 05:52:18 PM »

I just think that a blanket attack on "greenhouse gases" is something that will have unexpected consequences.

Well that's true. What do you should be the top targets?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2352 on: August 09, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »

Smaller business can't pay for these emission reductions like big business can. If you are anti-corporate you are doing the reverse effect because small business gets taxed to death because they don't have the money in the first place to keep up with this regulation and then we have monopolies.

So really, the large companies can pay for these changes, the small companies have to pay the fees which goes through section E back to them to have energy efficient projects only this goes all through bureaucracy and less money comes out.

I知 not against cleaning our world up. I think the best way to do this is tax credits period. This way when smaller businesses can afford these changes, they will instead of starting up and then getting penalized to death with taxes.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2353 on: August 09, 2010, 06:28:15 PM »

Smaller business can't pay for these emission reductions like big business can. If you are anti-corporate you are doing the reverse effect because small business gets taxed to death because they don't have the money in the first place to keep up with this regulation and then we have monopolies.

So really, the large companies can pay for these changes, the small companies have to pay the fees which goes through section E back to them to have energy efficient projects only this goes all through bureaucracy and less money comes out.

I知 not against cleaning our world up. I think the best way to do this is tax credits period. This way when smaller businesses can afford these changes, they will instead of starting up and then getting penalized to death with taxes.

Well then propose an amendment that sets up a different tax on each "level" of business.

How about we actually try to make a good bill? Of course, I know it's much easier to just say you oppose it and stop anything from happening. Wink
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2354 on: August 09, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »

Well then propose an amendment that sets up a different tax on each "level" of business.

How about we actually try to make a good bill? Of course, I know it's much easier to just say you oppose it and stop anything from happening. Wink

To add on, how about no tax penitentials on small businesses for a few years? And, in a few years, they can hopefully be caught up enough to fully participate in the bill.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2355 on: August 09, 2010, 07:04:48 PM »

It's not even that certain gases need/should be targeted.  My point is that there are legitimate purposes behind many greenhouse gases.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2356 on: August 09, 2010, 07:09:52 PM »

It's not even that certain gases need/should be targeted.  My point is that there are legitimate purposes behind many greenhouse gases.

Some gases, and in a certain amount. There are certainly many types of emissions that are harmful to our environment that we can agree need to be targeted.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2357 on: August 09, 2010, 07:11:20 PM »

Yes, but I don't want a cap and tax system in the first place Smiley Not to be rude, but can we focus on the budget first? IF this passes it will be worthless because we are having a reboot once the budget is passed. I'd like to work on this with you, but after what should be our top priority and the most lenghty, the budget.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2358 on: August 09, 2010, 07:18:18 PM »

Yes, but I don't want a cap and tax system in the first place Smiley Not to be rude, but can we focus on the budget first? IF this passes it will be worthless because we are having a reboot once the budget is passed. I'd like to work on this with you, but after what should be our top priority and the most lenghty, the budget.

Grr...What's the status of the budget? Behind the scenes, anyway?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #2359 on: August 09, 2010, 07:20:53 PM »

Huzzah! I finally get to propose this thing. Wink

The Affordable Energy
and Environmental Protection Act

[snip]

You have some good ideas in sections 3 and 5. I don't know whether I can support the other sections of the bill, however.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2360 on: August 09, 2010, 07:23:17 PM »

I completed infrastructure. That's  a start
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2361 on: August 09, 2010, 07:24:12 PM »

The Affordable Energy

[snip]

You have some good ideas in sections 3 and 5. I don't know whether I can support the other sections of the bill, however.

Well, I understand why you might be opposed to Cap and Trade, however, I'm open to an alternative that still does the job! Wink
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2362 on: August 09, 2010, 07:26:31 PM »

I completed infrastructure. That's  a start

Yeah, but what's the point of sitting around while we wait for things to be finished just to be introduced?

Maybe we can think of some ideas to make this deficit-neutral, so it doesn't really affect the budget process at all?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2363 on: August 09, 2010, 07:27:24 PM »

The Affordable Energy

[snip]

Well, I understand why you might be opposed to Cap and Trade, however, I'm open to an alternative that still does the job! Wink

Good. This will be good to discuss, properly, after the budget Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2364 on: August 09, 2010, 07:28:07 PM »

Okay since everything so far is behind the scenes, shall we just throw sections of the budget out here and then work on things and once we call it good slap everything together into a real, full budget?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2365 on: August 09, 2010, 07:32:23 PM »

I hereby withdraw my bill.

It will be back, I promise. Wink

Okay since everything so far is behind the scenes, shall we just throw sections of the budget out here and then work on things and once we call it good slap everything together into a real, full budget?

Maybe we should develop exact rules of procedure when working on the budget?

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2366 on: August 09, 2010, 07:34:59 PM »

Thank you for putting this on a hold, Barnes.
Assembly, let's work together and try and get this budget through by the end of the month, at the latest. It can be done! Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2367 on: August 09, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »

Thank you for putting this on a hold, Barnes.
Assembly, let's work together and try and get this budget through by the end of the month, at the latest. It can be done! Smiley
Easy to say. Hard to do Cheesy
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2368 on: August 09, 2010, 07:45:10 PM »

What do you have in mind?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2369 on: August 09, 2010, 07:46:46 PM »

Well, perhaps allowing multiple "sections" to be considered at on time. Or maybe even setting a maximum amount of debate time, and once the time runs out, the approved sections are automatically merged into the budget, which is then voted on.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2370 on: August 09, 2010, 07:50:01 PM »

Well, perhaps allowing multiple "sections" to be considered at on time. Or maybe even setting a maximum amount of debate time, and once the time runs out, the approved sections are automatically merged into the budget, which is then voted on.

I'm for the multiple sections are once. However, I don't think we should limit debate on the most important thing this Assembly will have done since the creation of Atlasia
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2371 on: August 09, 2010, 07:53:27 PM »

I'm for the multiple sections are once. However, I don't think we should limit debate on the most important thing this Assembly will have done since the creation of Atlasia
I'm siding with A-Bob here. Though I'd like to get more done this session, if all we get accomplished is a good budget, I am very fine with that.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2372 on: August 09, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »

I disagree on calling it "the most important thing", however, theoretically, the budget could take a whole session to pass. Tongue
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2373 on: August 09, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »

I disagree on calling it "the most important thing", however, theoretically, the budget could take a whole session to pass. Tongue

It's the first time we're actually addressing all the issues and actually having control over the taxes and spending of government. When else has something this big happened?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2374 on: August 11, 2010, 06:17:24 PM »

Ok I'm just going to throw this out there since nothing is happening and we can build from here.

Infrastructure
$29.2 billion for improvement and maintenance to roads, highways, and airports.
$2.9 billion for construction to roads, highways, and airports.
$13 billion for improvement, maintenance and construction of mass transit including buses, subways, trains.
$7.5 billion for improvement and maintenance of water and sewer infrastructure.
$1 billion for construction of water and sewer infrastructure.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 137  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies