Mideast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:22:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 137
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 252407 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2200 on: June 25, 2010, 04:48:39 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

After the education bill passes (I would very much assume), will you be bringing up the regional budget bill you've been working hard on these past few months I assume? Smiley
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2201 on: June 25, 2010, 06:18:36 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

After the education bill passes (I would very much assume), will you be bringing up the regional budget bill you've been working hard on these past few months I assume? Smiley

As long as there are no bills in regards to election systems in the Mideast.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2202 on: June 25, 2010, 06:19:54 PM »

Would the Assembly be able to consider multiple bills at once? I am hoping to have action taken fairly quickly on the ConCon resolution to ensure that my administration can hit the ground running with the effort.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2203 on: June 25, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »

Would the Assembly be able to consider multiple bills at once? I am hoping to have action taken fairly quickly on the ConCon resolution to ensure that my administration can hit the ground running with the effort.
That sounds nice, but it would create a lot of confusion in the Assembly if we had multiple bills. If the Assembly thinks otherwise, I'd be open to trying it. I still think our best option would be a sub-board, but oh well.

I would encourage the Speaker and Assembly to quickly pass the ConCon resolution next, so the administration in waiting won't have to wait on our region to get it started.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2204 on: June 25, 2010, 06:37:42 PM »

That sounds nice, but it would create a lot of confusion in the Assembly if we had multiple bills. If the Assembly thinks otherwise, I'd be open to trying it. I still think our best option would be a sub-board, but oh well.

I would encourage the Speaker and Assembly to quickly pass the ConCon resolution next, so the administration in waiting won't have to wait on our region to get it started.

If nothing else, I think we're ready for a vote on the education bill
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2205 on: June 25, 2010, 06:48:27 PM »

Thank you. Smiley
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2206 on: June 25, 2010, 09:07:07 PM »

Weighted Grades Amendment
Whereas: The Mideast government feels we need to take extra steps to encourage high school students to take challenging courses so that they may reach their full potnetial.
Be It Resolved:
Section One:
1. All public and charter schools in the Mideast region shall conform to a 4.0 grading scale system.
Section Two:
1. For every advanced placement course (AP) or honor course taken by a Mideast student in grades 9-12, student shall have an additional .25 to their overall GPA for the semester, assuming they receive a grade above C in the course.

This bill is now up for a vote with the following amendment accepted as friendly:

"Section 2.1 shall be amended to read:
For every Mideast student in grades 9-12, student shall have an extra 1.0 points added to each end of year grade in every Advanced Placement (AP) class in which they have received an end of year grade of at least a C."
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2207 on: June 25, 2010, 09:10:58 PM »

AYE.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2208 on: June 25, 2010, 09:11:33 PM »

AYE
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2209 on: June 25, 2010, 09:51:37 PM »

Aye
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #2210 on: June 25, 2010, 11:16:49 PM »

aye
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #2211 on: June 27, 2010, 08:21:28 PM »

Aye
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2212 on: June 28, 2010, 02:34:59 PM »

With that the Weighted Grades Amendment is passed and presented to the Governor for his signature.

Now does anyone have any other bills to put forward before I put up my budget bill?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2213 on: June 28, 2010, 03:47:44 PM »

Nope, I want your budget bill in before we do anything else in the Assembly mainly so we know what we'll actually have the money for and what we can cut, reform, etc.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2214 on: June 28, 2010, 03:52:29 PM »

With that the Weighted Grades Amendment is passed and presented to the Governor for his signature.

Now does anyone have any other bills to put forward before I put up my budget bill?
Can we do the ConCon first just to get that out of the way? I believe Ben proposed it. There was also the regional judge bill which was introduced. I'm just suggesting bills that wouldn't take a long time to debate so we can get them out of the weigh.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2215 on: June 28, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »

Can we do the ConCon first just to get that out of the way? I believe Ben proposed it. There was also the regional judge bill which was introduced. I'm just suggesting bills that wouldn't take a long time to debate so we can get them out of the weigh.

the budget is going to take longer than anything...since we'll have to come up with our first ever budget
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2216 on: June 28, 2010, 04:10:49 PM »

the budget is going to take longer than anything...since we'll have to come up with our first ever budget

If y'all just introduce the ConCon resolution, and don't debate it, you could have that done with in like two days.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2217 on: June 28, 2010, 04:14:44 PM »

And both of those bill would potentially take 2-3 days. After those, we'll be able to focus the rest of the session on the Budget instead of trying to cram them in at the end of the session. The ConCon resolution more than anything needs passed now.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2218 on: June 28, 2010, 04:46:37 PM »

And both of those bill would potentially take 2-3 days. After those, we'll be able to focus the rest of the session on the Budget instead of trying to cram them in at the end of the session. The ConCon resolution more than anything needs passed now.

sounds good
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2219 on: June 28, 2010, 05:32:11 PM »

I'd like to just get the ConCon bill passed now; likewise with the judging.  The budget will take a while, and I think we shouldn't have to worry about other pending bills while debating it.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2220 on: June 28, 2010, 05:42:15 PM »

Could you guys repost those bills just for the sake of expediency?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2221 on: June 28, 2010, 05:46:47 PM »

Third Constitutional Convention Petition

The Mideast Region formally petitions the President of Atlasia to call a Constitutional Convention for the purposes of consolidation of the constitution and/or legislative reboot of the game.

THE MIDEAST CONSISTENCY IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE ACT

Article II, Section 2, Paragraph 3 of the Mideast Constitution is amended FROM:

"3.A nomination to the Superior Court shall only be held in the event of a need for the adjudication of a case pertaining to Mideast law within the Mideast region. The justice's tenure shall last only as long as needed to resolve the case at hand."

TO:

"3. A nomination to the Superior Court, unless terminated early by resignation or recall, or impeachment shall be subject to reconfirmation by majority vote of the Mideastern Assembly every third session of the Assembly after initial confirmation. Should the Assembly fail to take a vote on renomination of the Superior Court Judge during the session in which the judge is normally subject to reconfirmation, it will act as if the Judge is reconfirmed accordingly. "
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2222 on: June 28, 2010, 06:02:37 PM »

We will now begin 48 hours of debate on the ConCon bill.  GO!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2223 on: June 28, 2010, 10:46:32 PM »

Do it.

Wink
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2224 on: July 01, 2010, 02:09:13 PM »

I'd now like to call for a vote on the ConCon bill.  If there are no objections:

AYE
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 137  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies