Mideast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:34:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 137
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 252435 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: September 17, 2009, 03:59:36 PM »

This will be a great loss to Atlasia, and especially this region.

It has been great working with you in the Assembly, and I have learned a lot just by watching you. I wish you the best of luck, and hope that sometime in the future you'll make a come back, to the forum and to Atlasia.

I couldn't put it better. It's been a real pleasure working with you and I hope you'll return before long.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1176 on: September 17, 2009, 04:42:21 PM »

The election would have been far greater with you.
The Assmebly and the Mideast are losing a great member, a great memory and a great contributor.
So sad...
But don't leave entirely the forum, please...
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1177 on: September 17, 2009, 05:54:55 PM »

I wonder who will be elected as the new speaker.   To follow in the proud footsteps of myself, Franzl, PS, and Peter. Smiley
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1178 on: September 17, 2009, 06:21:16 PM »

I wonder who will be elected as the new speaker.   To follow in the proud footsteps of myself, Franzl, PS, and Peter. Smiley

and Inks Wink he was speaker for a whike as well.

Judging by those names, whoever is selected will most likely have a very successful political carer to look forward to.

HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1179 on: September 17, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »

Judging by those names, whoever is selected will most likely have a very successful political carer to look forward to.

I don't think Inks ever was.  In fact I don't think he was ever an Assemblyman.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1180 on: September 17, 2009, 07:09:31 PM »

The use of what us older posters would call tomato-souping,

Haha, yes. Those were the days.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I suspect that Atlasia these days reminds you too much of work anyway Smiley
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1181 on: September 17, 2009, 08:02:07 PM »

I'm afraid that of late I have become very discontented with Atlasia. Recently I have only tended to the forum to see to my duties as Speaker. I have no desire to continue that on a prolonged basis.

The use of what us older posters would call tomato-souping, and the newer posters, zombie voting, has become politically acceptable, and I think that destroys a lot of what made Atlasia a great place.

I now seek a peaceful retirement from Atlasia and the forum at large. Whilst I confess I will likely post next Spring in the run-up to the general election in the UK, that will probably be the height of my participation.

To my successors as Speaker and Assemblymen, I wish you all the luck in the world. The curtain has fallen, its time to get off the stage, and its exactly what I intend to do.

Tomato-souping?

Anyway, very disappointing, another one of the old Atlasians leaves Sad
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1182 on: September 17, 2009, 08:23:23 PM »

I wasn't here back then so I can't say for sure, but according to the wiki he was a member during the 3rd Assembly, and for a short while after Franzl's promotion, Speaker as well.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1183 on: September 17, 2009, 09:33:44 PM »

I wasn't here back then so I can't say for sure, but according to the wiki he was a member during the 3rd Assembly, and for a short while after Franzl's promotion, Speaker as well.

Ahh I forgot about that, That was immediatly following my rise to the Senate and I was quite busy at that point.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1184 on: September 17, 2009, 10:16:46 PM »

That's correct.

I'd appreciate if the Assembly could come up with some bill honoring Peter.  I can draft it if yall would like, but we really need something to honor his service.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1185 on: September 18, 2009, 12:28:30 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2009, 12:31:33 AM by GM Purple State »

I'm afraid that of late I have become very discontented with Atlasia. Recently I have only tended to the forum to see to my duties as Speaker. I have no desire to continue that on a prolonged basis.

The use of what us older posters would call tomato-souping, and the newer posters, zombie voting, has become politically acceptable, and I think that destroys a lot of what made Atlasia a great place.

I now seek a peaceful retirement from Atlasia and the forum at large. Whilst I confess I will likely post next Spring in the run-up to the general election in the UK, that will probably be the height of my participation.

To my successors as Speaker and Assemblymen, I wish you all the luck in the world. The curtain has fallen, its time to get off the stage, and its exactly what I intend to do.

Fare thee well. Your departure will leave a hole in the Mideast and in the heart of Atlasia. You have been a point of brilliance for this game and will be missed.

You were a mentor to me and made the Mideast the success it is today. Thank you for your contributions and service; you will be missed.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1186 on: September 18, 2009, 10:12:05 AM »

A sad day Sad
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1187 on: September 18, 2009, 12:40:13 PM »

That's correct.

I'd appreciate if the Assembly could come up with some bill honoring Peter.  I can draft it if yall would like, but we really need something to honor his service.

An excellent suggestion, Governor.

I submit the following for the Assembly's approval:

"WHEREAS:

Peter has been an active and distinguished member of the Atlasia community since its inception, making him one of the Forum's true founding fathers; and

In that time Peter has distinguished himself throughout Atlasia serving in countless roles in the Senate, Forum Affairs, the Supreme Court, as Attorney General, and Vice-President; and

Peter has further well-served the Mideast Region in particular serving with distinction as Governor and Speaker of the Assembly; and

In all of these many roles and offices Peter has deservedly earned a reputation for leadership, impartiality and good judgment thus earning him respect across all Atlasia and party lines:

Be it hereby RESOLVED that the Mideast Region does honor and deeply thank Peter for his many years of fine service to our region and nation on this, the occasion of his retirement from public life.

Be it further RESOLVED that the Mideast does award as retirement gifts to Peter this golden watch:

Appropriately inscribed: "To Peter from the Mideast Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart";

and this pony:

SO RESOLVED."
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1188 on: September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 PM »

I'm 100% behind a bill honouring Peter. Smiley

Maybe we could be inspired by the Midwest and rename the region's capital to Peter's Park instead of College Park.

Also Badger, a pony? In the middle of a huge economic recession? May I suggest we consider the less expensive possibility of a mule Wink + Tongue

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1189 on: September 18, 2009, 03:19:32 PM »

Maybe we could be inspired by the Midwest and rename the region's capital to Peter's Park instead of College Park.

Also Badger, a pony? In the middle of a huge economic recession? May I suggest we consider the less expensive possibility of a mule Wink + Tongue

A MULE?!? Zounds, Sir! Would you denigrate this fine man's accomplishments with non-breeding stock? And less adorable stock at that! (Besides, consider it a tiny stimulus to the region's horse ranching industry) ;-)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1190 on: September 18, 2009, 03:21:22 PM »

Perhaps the Mideast senator can secure an earmark to fund the pony?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1191 on: September 18, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »

Perhaps the Mideast senator can secure an earmark to fund the pony?

Cuddliest. Earmark. Ever.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1192 on: September 19, 2009, 08:00:38 PM »

Mr. Speaker. In light of the apparent lack of debate on the resolution placed on the Assembly floor almost 36 hours ago, may we ignore your modesty on the matter and please call it to a vote?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1193 on: September 20, 2009, 04:39:53 PM »

A MULE?!? Zounds, Sir! Would you denigrate this fine man's accomplishments with non-breeding stock? And less adorable stock at that! (Besides, consider it a tiny stimulus to the region's horse ranching industry) ;-)

How about a zorse?  Very unique idea... Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1194 on: September 20, 2009, 04:55:15 PM »

If it would be all right, I have enough money stashed away from lobbyists that I could easily afford to buy Peter a pony.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1195 on: September 20, 2009, 05:30:06 PM »

I think we should also commission a statue or name the regional capital after our distinguished former Speaker.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1196 on: September 20, 2009, 06:18:29 PM »

I'd like to add the following bill in addition to the one proposed by Badger.

State Capital Renaming Act

The City of College Park, Maryland, shall henceforth be known by the name Peter’s Park, Maryland, in honour of the Mideast citizen Peter, former Governor, Speaker of the Assembly, Attorney General, Secretary of Forum Affairs, Chief Justice, Vice President, and co-author of Atlasia’s second constitution.   

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1197 on: September 20, 2009, 07:02:02 PM »

I'd like to add the following bill in addition to the one proposed by Badger.

State Capital Renaming Act

The City of College Park, Maryland, shall henceforth be known by the name Peter’s Park, Maryland, in honour of the Mideast citizen Peter, former Governor, Speaker of the Assembly, Attorney General, Secretary of Forum Affairs, Chief Justice, Vice President, and co-author of Atlasia’s second constitution.   

I accept this amendment as friendly.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1198 on: September 21, 2009, 04:58:07 PM »

Thank you for the well wishes. I really was quite surprised by it. To be honest, I had expected to simply fade away barely noticed. Maybe I was a bit wrong about the present state of Atlasia.

Anyway, I do need a break, and to those who ask me to stay on the forum - other than a few posts on the international boards, I barely post outside Atlasia, so whilst I'll undoubtedly browse from time to time, its best to consider this a retirement.

Thank you for the many bills - the watch I'm sure would go with my new real life suit. The pony might not do it so much good, though hopefully it'll keep the lawn down. I really do consider it a high honour that somebody has even considered it fitting to rename the capital for me. Once again, thank you.

I will give a final address when I adjourn the Assembly on Friday.

The Badger resolution is on the floor. If the SC bill is to be combined with it, may I suggest that it is rewritten in the same style? I'll leave that for one of you guys.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1199 on: September 21, 2009, 07:13:55 PM »

OK, I think I've properly combined the two. The resolution and statutory enactment language work alright together, and I don't believe there's anything legal or parliamentary forbidding a resolution along with an act of law. Besides, this is so broadly supported I doubt anyone will be such a---what's the term again, Mechman? Oh, yeah---"douchewaffle" and sue to overturn the act on such grounds.

So without further ado I present:

The Capital Renaming and Further Celebration of Peter's Retirement Act.

"WHEREAS:

Peter has been an active and distinguished member of the Atlasia community since its inception, making him one of the Forum's true founding fathers; and

In that time Peter has distinguished himself throughout Atlasia serving in countless roles in the Senate, Forum Affairs, the Supreme Court, as Attorney General, and Vice-President; and

Peter has further well-served the Mideast Region in particular serving with distinction as Governor and Speaker of the Assembly; and

In all of these many roles and offices Peter has deservedly earned a reputation for leadership, impartiality and good judgment thus earning him respect across all Atlasia and party lines:

Be it hereby RESOLVED that the Mideast Region does honor and deeply thank Peter for his many years of fine service to our region and nation on this, the occasion of his retirement from public life.

Be it further RESOLVED that the Mideast does award as retirement gifts to Peter this golden watch:

Appropriately inscribed: "To Peter from the Mideast Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart";

and this pony:

Be it further hereby enacted that:

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 137  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies