Mideast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:20:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 137
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 252400 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: July 19, 2009, 06:25:46 AM »

Public Smoking Ban Bill
1. It shall be illegal in the Mideast, for a person to smoke inside buildings and establishments open to the public, such as bars, restaurants, public transportation, cinemas, and libraries.
2. If a person is found guilty of smoking in public areas, then that person shall be fined no less than a hundred dollars and no more than five hundred dollars.
3. Smoking inside buildings that are not open to the public, shall not be affected by the passage of this Act.
4. Any facility or establishment that earns at least 50% of it's annual gross revenue from the sale of tobacco and paraphernalia for the smoking of tobacco may apply to the regional government for a license of variance, and this law shall not apply to any such duly licensed facility or establishment.
Debate has ended for more than 24 hours. A vote on this bill is called.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1001 on: July 19, 2009, 06:34:08 AM »

Public Smoking Ban Bill
1. It shall be illegal in the Mideast, for a person to smoke inside buildings and establishments open to the public, such as bars, restaurants, public transportation, cinemas, and libraries.
2. If a person is found guilty of smoking in public areas, then that person shall be fined no less than a hundred dollars and no more than five hundred dollars.
3. Smoking inside buildings that are not open to the public, shall not be affected by the passage of this Act.
4. Any facility or establishment that earns at least 50% of it's annual gross revenue from the sale of tobacco and paraphernalia for the smoking of tobacco may apply to the regional government for a license of variance, and this law shall not apply to any such duly licensed facility or establishment.
Debate has ended for more than 24 hours. A vote on this bill is called.

Aye
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1002 on: July 19, 2009, 12:46:40 PM »

Aye.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1003 on: July 19, 2009, 12:50:22 PM »

Aye.

The Ayes have it. The Ayes have it. The bill is transmitted to the Governor for his signature or veto.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1004 on: July 19, 2009, 02:56:01 PM »

I hereby introduce our next item in a pre-amended form:

Constitutional Amendment to change the candidacy declaration deadline

Article IV, Section 1, Clause 7 is amended to read:

In order to be a candidate on the ballot, a candidate must declare their candidacy for that office on the Candidate Declaration Thread at least forty-eight hours prior to the earliest possible commencement of the election for that office.

Debate is now open
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1005 on: July 19, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »

I support this.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1006 on: July 21, 2009, 02:09:28 AM »

Constitutional Amendment to change the candidacy declaration deadline

Article IV, Section 1, Clause 7 is amended to read:

In order to be a candidate on the ballot, a candidate must declare their candidacy for that office on the Candidate Declaration Thread at least forty-eight hours prior to the earliest possible commencement of the election for that office.
24 hours have passed without debate.

Voting on the bill is open.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1007 on: July 21, 2009, 02:25:44 PM »

Aye.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1008 on: July 21, 2009, 03:21:44 PM »

Aye to the amendment

When exactly does the 6th assembly end and the 7th begin?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1009 on: July 21, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »

Aye

This Session ends on Friday at noon per Article IV, Section 1, Clause 8 of the Mideast Constitution.

The Ayes have it. The Ayes have it. The Governor is directed to arrange a public poll for ratification of this Amendment.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1010 on: July 21, 2009, 06:02:39 PM »

Aye

This Session ends on Friday at noon per Article IV, Section 1, Clause 8 of the Mideast Constitution.

The Ayes have it. The Ayes have it. The Governor is directed to arrange a public poll for ratification of this Amendment.

Said poll will open on Thursday at noon.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1011 on: July 24, 2009, 07:47:30 AM »

As soon as possible please Mr Governor ....
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1012 on: July 24, 2009, 12:35:14 PM »

The 6th Assembly is hereby adjourned sine die. Its business is dismissed and its members mandates have now expired. The New Assembly is directed to swear-in.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1013 on: July 24, 2009, 03:09:06 PM »

Order, Order.

As Dean of the Assembly, I assume the Chair to preside over an election of Speaker. I ask for nominations.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1014 on: July 24, 2009, 04:02:58 PM »

Order, Order.

As Dean of the Assembly, I assume the Chair to preside over an election of Speaker. I ask for nominations.
As he is the most experienced member of Atlasian government in the Assembly, I hereby nominate Peter for Speaker.

Second?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1015 on: July 24, 2009, 06:10:15 PM »

Aye

The vote has obviously been delayed. Any idea when we can expect the polls to open, Governor?
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1016 on: July 25, 2009, 03:36:23 AM »

Order, Order.

As he is the most experienced member of Atlasian government in the Assembly, I hereby nominate Peter for Speaker.

I second the nomination.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1017 on: July 25, 2009, 11:44:42 AM »

Aye

The vote has obviously been delayed. Any idea when we can expect the polls to open, Governor?

My apologies - some personal stuff came up, and I completely forgot about this until last night, but I was unable to get on the computer because we had guests sleeping in the basement where the computer is.  It'll be up for a vote next Thursday at noon.  Again, my apologies.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1018 on: July 27, 2009, 06:26:47 AM »

Many thanks to those of you have nominated me. I happily accept another term.

Just a FYI - my internet access will be sporadic this week - I have just moved house and there is no connection there yet which means I will be reliant on library services.

Any bill once posted shall become the business of this assembly.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1019 on: July 28, 2009, 05:47:08 PM »

I also will be absent for most, if not all of the next week and a half starting this Friday. My family and I are going camping and won't be back until 8/9. IF I find a little down time when visiting my folks in town I'll try to check in, but it's unlikely.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1020 on: July 28, 2009, 06:24:25 PM »

I also will be absent for most, if not all of the next week and a half starting this Friday. My family and I are going camping and won't be back until 8/9. IF I find a little down time when visiting my folks in town I'll try to check in, but it's unlikely.

Actually that's pretty good timeing, cause I'll be away Friday to Monday.

Looks like there will not be much action in the Assembly this week Tongue
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1021 on: August 09, 2009, 12:47:15 PM »

Since Badger said he'd most likely be back sometime today, and since Peter hopefully has settled in his new place by now, I have decided it's time to get the Assembly running again.

I'd like to introduce the following bill to the Assembly.

Mideast Freedom to Roam Bill

1 Anyone shall have the right to access, use, and pass through privately owned land in the Mideast Region. Such as beaches, forests, and fields, as long as they do not damage or disturb the area in any way.   
2 It shall be legal to camp on private land for a maximum of 48 hours, as long as campers do not in any form damage or disturb the area, and leave the place in the same condition as they found it.
3 Activities that require usage of the area's resources, such as hunting, fishing, berry and mushroom picking, may not be practiced without the landowner's clear consent.   
4 The direct circumferences of 60 m around residential buildings are considered gardens and yards, and are therefore excluded from this bill.
5 Nature reserves and other areas with delicate and sensitive ecosystems are excluded from this bill.
6 Fields were crops are being grown, are excluded from this bill.
7 During hunts, landowners have the right to dismiss visitors from the hunting ground.
8 If a person, who is practicing their Freedom to Roam, damages or disturbs the area by polluting, vandalising, and ruining the surroundings, they may be subject to a fine of up to $500 as well as paying additional damages to the landowner.   
9 If a person, who is practicing their Freedom to Roam, chooses to illegally engage in activities such as hunting, fishing, berry and mushroom picking may be subject for a fine of up to $500 as well as paying additional damages to the landowner.
10 If a landowner, without reason, tries to dismiss or chase away people from his or her land, he or she may be subject for a fine of up to $250.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1022 on: August 09, 2009, 12:49:02 PM »

WTF you can camp on private land!!  That is easily the most disasterous thing I have heard in awhile
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1023 on: August 09, 2009, 12:55:57 PM »

WTF you can camp on private land!!  That is easily the most disasterous thing I have heard in awhile

You can in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Scotland. No one is complaining here Wink It's really great for the tourism. People come from Germany and Denmark and the Netherlands to camp in the wildernes, buy things in our stores, and eat at our resturants. So it might help create a boost in tourism in the Mideast, which would of course be helpful to our economy. 
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1024 on: August 09, 2009, 03:05:32 PM »

Perhaps it would be better to qualify this by setting a minimum size the land needs to be. If I'm on half an acre, the last thing I want is a trailer pulling up onto my lawn and pitching tents all over. But if I own a massive forest in my backyard, this could be beneficial.

I would rather some choice in this though, perhaps a registry that people sign up on if they wouldn't mind. Just seems like we would be impinging a bit on property rights otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 137  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies