Mideast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:44:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 137
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 252344 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: April 13, 2009, 06:41:07 PM »

Nay.

Moving the seat of government and all it's institutions would cost many millions and combined with the logistics of such an operation, at a time of economic crisis I feel that this sends this sends out the wrong message to the Mideast.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #626 on: April 13, 2009, 06:45:38 PM »

Nay.

Moving the seat of government and all it's institutions would cost many millions and combined with the logistics of such an operation, at a time of economic crisis I feel that this sends this sends out the wrong message to the Mideast.

I would say this lets the people decide whether it's worth the money. No change is an option.

On an unrelated note, I have edited the Constitution on the Wiki to reflect the Amendments passed thus far.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #627 on: April 19, 2009, 05:49:38 AM »

Apologies for not seeing this sooner.

Nay on relocating hte capital
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #628 on: April 19, 2009, 08:09:42 AM »

No worries. The Resolution for the Relocation of the Mideast Capital fails by a vote of one in favor, two opposed.

I will try to bring some legislation forward tomorrow. I have had quite the busy weekend.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #629 on: April 19, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »

Seems like everyone has.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #630 on: April 20, 2009, 07:19:35 PM »

Farewell Message from the Speaker

Fellow citizens of the Mideast,

I want to thank everyone for the opportunity you have given me over the past few months to serve as your Assembly Member and Speaker. I know that, without your incredible activity and passion to make this region successful, I would never have been able to accomplish all that we have done together. Specifically, I would like to thank Afleitch for first appointing me to the Assembly way back when, Peter for helping me become Speaker of the Assembly, and Inks for being a great partner in the Third Constitutional Convention and a great Governor.

As many of you know, last night fellow AM Afleitch and I were elected to the Atlasian Senate, a great accomplishment for the Mideast region. This will leave two Assembly seats vacant, as we will be stepping down from our positions here. I must say it has been an honor. However, this does not mean that I am through with the region. I want you all to stay active and involved in the Mideast. Invest in your region and allow it to continue to prosper. Although I will hold no formal position in the region, rest assured I will remain active in helping craft legislation and new ideas.

In addition, I will soon be opening my Senate office. Please be sure to stop by and voice any comments or questions. My door is always open to ideas you may have, proposed legislation, or just a quick hello.

I will also take this time to endorse Dan as my replacement in the Assembly. He has proven to be an invaluable voice in the crafting of legislation and I believe that the Assembly will be a great place for him to continue to learn and thrive in Atlasia. I urge Governor Inks to appoint him upon my resignation later this week.

I plan on refraining from presenting new comprehensive legislation during this transition week. I would rather allow for the next Assembly to enter with a clean slate to craft for themselves. However, if anyone has a proposal for any emergency legislation that will be considered. Instead, I do plan on giving us a few fun and less formal resolutions to pass as my present to you all.

~Your Proud Speaker Purple State
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #631 on: April 20, 2009, 08:42:32 PM »

Farewell Message from the Speaker

Fellow citizens of the Mideast,

I want to thank everyone for the opportunity you have given me over the past few months to serve as your Assembly Member and Speaker. I know that, without your incredible activity and passion to make this region successful, I would never have been able to accomplish all that we have done together. Specifically, I would like to thank Afleitch for first appointing me to the Assembly way back when, Peter for helping me become Speaker of the Assembly, and Inks for being a great partner in the Third Constitutional Convention and a great Governor.

As many of you know, last night fellow AM Afleitch and I were elected to the Atlasian Senate, a great accomplishment for the Mideast region. This will leave two Assembly seats vacant, as we will be stepping down from our positions here. I must say it has been an honor. However, this does not mean that I am through with the region. I want you all to stay active and involved in the Mideast. Invest in your region and allow it to continue to prosper. Although I will hold no formal position in the region, rest assured I will remain active in helping craft legislation and new ideas.

In addition, I will soon be opening my Senate office. Please be sure to stop by and voice any comments or questions. My door is always open to ideas you may have, proposed legislation, or just a quick hello.

I will also take this time to endorse Dan as my replacement in the Assembly. He has proven to be an invaluable voice in the crafting of legislation and I believe that the Assembly will be a great place for him to continue to learn and thrive in Atlasia. I urge Governor Inks to appoint him upon my resignation later this week.

I plan on refraining from presenting new comprehensive legislation during this transition week. I would rather allow for the next Assembly to enter with a clean slate to craft for themselves. However, if anyone has a proposal for any emergency legislation that will be considered. Instead, I do plan on giving us a few fun and less formal resolutions to pass as my present to you all.

~Your Proud Speaker Purple State

You will surly be missed in the Assembly, Purple State. Thank you for endorsing me for your replacement. I would also like the Governor to think about putting Persepolis on the Assembly as well. But whatever the Governor does I know you will do it trying to make the Mideast a better place.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #632 on: April 20, 2009, 10:04:22 PM »

As Senator of the Mideast region I would also like to encourage the Governor to appoint Persepolis and Dan as the new assemblymen of the region.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #633 on: April 20, 2009, 10:16:51 PM »

I see no problem with it, but I have no vote.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #634 on: April 27, 2009, 08:21:02 PM »

Once Persepolis swears in, we can get to work.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #635 on: April 27, 2009, 08:29:42 PM »

I would recommend once he swears in you elect a Speaker. Also, don't forget you still have Peter to help out and I'm always good for advice.

Good luck you two rascals. Wink
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #636 on: April 27, 2009, 08:32:34 PM »

I would recommend once he swears in you elect a Speaker. Also, don't forget you still have Peter to help out and I'm always good for advice.

Good luck you two rascals. Wink

Yea, that was the first thing I was going to do. Also you more then likely will be getting alot of PMs soon. Cheesy
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #637 on: April 27, 2009, 09:42:41 PM »

Also if either of you are in any need of assistance I am always available as a former assemblyman, Speaker, Governor, and Regional Judge Grin
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« Reply #638 on: April 27, 2009, 11:25:11 PM »

I am fairly sure I can speak for both Dan and I when I say we are honored to be so appreciated within the Mideast and we will certainly look to all of you, who so graciously offered us help, when we need some.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #639 on: April 28, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »

Congratulations to both of you....and as a fellow former speaker....I'm also open to any questions or whatever! Smiley
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #640 on: April 28, 2009, 09:43:01 AM »

Well I think we need to go ahead and elect a speaker. I'm willing to do it, but I think to be fair we should let peter pick the speaker. Then take it to a vote just to say we elected someone.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #641 on: April 28, 2009, 11:41:02 AM »

Also if either of you are in any need of assistance I am always available as a former assemblyman, Speaker, Governor, and Regional Judge Grin

Same here.  Just let me know if you guys need anything.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #642 on: April 28, 2009, 02:01:37 PM »

As Dean of this Assembly, I hereby assume the Chair to preside over the election of a Speaker.

I will state that I have no particular desire to serve longer term, but will do so if asked.

I call for nominations!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #643 on: April 28, 2009, 02:04:38 PM »

From my perspective as a citizen....I share your view that the speaker of the Assembly should be an elected member.....and I would humbly suggest that you serve as such for the remainder of this term.

I can't nominiate anyone....and I certainly wouldn't have a problem with Dan or Persepolis....that's my basic feeling.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #644 on: April 28, 2009, 02:08:12 PM »

From my perspective as a citizen....I share your view that the speaker of the Assembly should be an elected member.....and I would humbly suggest that you serve as such for the remainder of this term.

I can't nominiate anyone....and I certainly wouldn't have a problem with Dan or Persepolis....that's my basic feeling.

I also think you should serve as Speaker until the next elections in order to orient our new Assemblymen and ensure a smooth transition.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #645 on: April 28, 2009, 02:35:18 PM »

I would like fore Peter to be the Speaker.
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« Reply #646 on: April 28, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »

I would like fore Peter to be the Speaker.

I second that, as long as Peter wants to be speaker. He is the obvious choice, since he is the only assemblymember with any experience.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #647 on: April 30, 2009, 01:47:42 AM »

In which case I accept, and will declare myself elected by acclamation.

I call on members to submit business for this Assembly.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #648 on: April 30, 2009, 09:58:23 AM »

I think this would be good to have:

Mideast Assemblymembers Active Act of 2009
1. Any member of the Assembly that miss more then three votes in the Assembly shall be removed from the Assembly and replace with another member by the appointment of the Governor.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #649 on: April 30, 2009, 10:47:33 AM »

You should change it to consecutive votes and allow for certain leniency, like if you will be unable to you have to alert the speaker or by public post. You would also have to set the time that votes last. They have, in the past, been pretty arbitrary and last until enough votes are achieved.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 137  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies