Brian Schweitzer headlines Harkin's IA Steakfry, setting himself up for '12, '16
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:47:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Brian Schweitzer headlines Harkin's IA Steakfry, setting himself up for '12, '16
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brian Schweitzer headlines Harkin's IA Steakfry, setting himself up for '12, '16  (Read 2134 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2008, 09:48:48 PM »

http://www.bleedingheartland.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=1899

It's not yet clear whether the Iowa caucuses will remain first next time the Democratic Party picks a presidential nominee, but at least one prospective candidate will introduce himself to a big crowd of Iowa Democrats next Sunday.
Senator Tom Harkin's campaign announced today that Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer will headline the 31st Annual Steak Fry on September 14 at the Indianola balloon field.

You'll be hearing more about Schweitzer in the coming years--he's the favorite future presidential candidate of many bloggers, including Markos of Daily Kos. Why not come out to see him in person?
pragmatic liberal

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:07:09 PM »

Though he comes from a small state, Schweitzer could be a strong candidate for 2012.

If Obama wins, Schweitzer could be well-served by a cabinet appointment -- EPA (or Dept. of Environmental Protection if it gets upgraded), Interior or Energy. He'd be well placed to be a presidential or vice-presidential candidate in 2016 then.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 12:31:31 AM »

Harkin's steakfry is THE place to be for up-and-comers looking for future connections, I'm excited since I'm a Schweitzer fan.  I think he's looking at '16 personally, since '12 will either be Obama's reelection, or a Hillary steamroller (potential Hillary Obama rematch).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 10:23:54 AM »

No. I think that if Obama loses, he could win be nominated in 2012.  He is what the party needs. I think he is finally beginning to understand his role and destiny.
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 08:15:09 PM »

Schweitzer/Sebelius/Warner/Bayh, with perhaps a more progressive running mate like Russ Feingold to balance the ticket nicely, is a ticket I can defintely support for 2012.  Me likey.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »

Schweitzer/Sebelius/Warner/Bayh, with perhaps a more progressive running mate like Russ Feingold to balance the ticket nicely, is a ticket I can defintely support for 2012.  Me likey.

...until you find a reason to not vote for them....but don't worry. Something that we can predict,  but will still suprise us will catch us off guard in the next 5 years and we will reevaluate our values, the way we live our lives and run our country. We should think of 2008 as the last chance to deal with our situation and uncertainty in the easiest and most productive way possible...and after this, it will simply be too late to stop the reckoning.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 06:42:21 PM »

I could see him being a "Huey Long" figure in 2012. If not him maybe Dorgan. Especially if Rahm Emanual pressures Obama to attack Iran.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 06:56:08 PM »

I hate Iowa.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 01:48:57 AM »

I prefer New Hampshire.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 01:58:46 AM »

Brian Schweitzer is one of my favorite Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies