Gov. Palin Vs. Sen. Biden
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 11:52:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Gov. Palin Vs. Sen. Biden
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Gov. Palin Vs. Sen. Biden  (Read 1449 times)
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 2.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2008, 09:30:41 AM »

Who had the better VP speech? Also who will win the VP debate? Which VP candidate is the better pick?
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:33:55 AM »

Who cares?

Does it mean much to the bottom line in the election which VP candidate gave the better speech?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:34:32 AM »

Biden hat the better speech, Biden will definitely win the debate as far as content is concerned (which doesn't necessarily mean anything).

Palin, however, was strategically speaking probably the stronger pick. (Sad, when you think about it.)
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 09:35:35 AM »

Honestly, is there a single person on this planet who really believes that Sarah Palin is ready to be President?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 09:36:32 AM »

Honestly, is there a single person on this planet who really believes that Sarah Palin is ready to be President?

That wasn't the question here.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 09:39:19 AM »

Who cares?

Does it mean much to the bottom line in the election which VP candidate gave the better speech?

Because I am sick of it being Gov. Palin vs Sen. Obama... Also if you don't the the VP pick matters then you are sadly wrong.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 09:40:51 AM »

Because I am sick of it being Gov. Palin vs Sen. Obama... Also if you don't the the VP pick matters then you are sadly wrong.

I am?

Which VP candidate has ever swung an election?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 09:41:09 AM »

Who had the better VP speech?

Palin.

Also who will win the VP debate?

Unknowable.  

Which VP candidate is the better pick?

In terms of appeal to the working class, especially working class women, Palin, in all probability.  

In terms of "change," Palin.

In terms of administrative experience, Palin.

In terms of foreign policy, Biden.

In terms of who knocks the other campaign off their game, Palin.

In terms of who would make a better president, unknown.  In terms of who will be electorally more viable, unknown.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 09:42:08 AM »

I am?

I think an argument can be made for LBJ.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »

I am?

Let me ask you this, let say Sen. McCain picked Tom Ridge. Do you think the base of the Republican party would strongly back McCain like they are now?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 09:45:44 AM »

That wasn't the question here.

Sigh ... ok, honestly I'd say the speech's were equal.  Neither one said anything new or interesting.

Biden will win the debate on substance.  Palin may try to  play the "poor picked on girl" card but it will backfire.

If by "which is the better pick" you're asking who will do a better job and who is more prepared the answer is Biden.  If by "which is the better pick" you're asking who will add more votes I'd say Palin.

My point here is that being Gov of a state of 627,000 people for 2 years doesn't qualify you to be President.  Yes, Barack Obama has limited experience, but we know he will have Joe Biden advising him.  If John McCain dies who will be advising Sarah Palin?  We don't know.  Methinks the same group of idiots who have been running the country since 2000.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »

I am?

Let me ask you this, let say Sen. McCain picked Tom Ridge. Do you think the base of the Republican party would strongly back McCain like they are now?

The base of the Republican Party was already backing McCain before he made his VP pick. That is why they are called the base.

Picking a moderate like Ridge would have been a good way to tell the American people that he wasn't going to take marching orders from the Rush Limbaugh far-right wing of his party. The pick would have vouched for his maverick-ness. He would be seen in a more positive light by independents.

McCain was guarenteed 90% of the Republican vote regardless of who he picks. He needs help with moderates and independents.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 09:52:46 AM »

I am?

I think an argument can be made for LBJ.

Is Alaska in play this election?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 09:53:09 AM »

Of course I didn't watch those speeches, so I can't speak about that, but one would assume the intelligent, sophisticated man would best the idiotic hick.  

Alas electorally speaking the crazy joke candidate is more helpful than the statesman.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 09:58:04 AM »

Of course I didn't watch those speeches, so I can't speak about that, but one would assume the intelligent, sophisticated man would best the idiotic hick.  

Alas electorally speaking the crazy joke candidate is more helpful than the statesman.

Please stop talking, you will show how stupid you really are when you talk.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 09:58:37 AM »

Please stop talking, you will show how stupid you really are when you talk.

there was absolutely nothing stupid about that statement.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 10:00:18 AM »

Honestly, is there a single person on this planet, who hasn't drunk the Obama kool-aid,  who really believes that Barack Obama is ready to be President?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 10:02:25 AM »

Honestly, is there a single person on this planet, who hasn't drunk the Obama kool-aid,  who really believes that Barack Obama is ready to be President?

On the bright side it will be Joe Biden running the show the way Dick Cheney ran it the last 8 years.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 10:05:56 AM »

On the bright side it will be Joe Biden running the show the way Dick Cheney ran it the last 8 years.

It is going to be so funny come Oct 2nd when Gov. Palin makes Sen. Biden look like a fool.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 10:09:09 AM »

It is going to be so funny come Oct 2nd when Gov. Palin makes Sen. Biden look like a fool.

LOL, she might draw attention to herself, but please explain to me how she could ever make Biden look like a fool?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 10:09:31 AM »

Dick Cheney was a fantastic overlord.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 10:12:44 AM »

LOL, she might draw attention to herself, but please explain to me how she could ever make Biden look like a fool?

Look how she made Sen. Obama look like a person with words but no actions last night, and she did it with a smile on her face.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 10:17:09 AM »

Look how she made Sen. Obama look like a person with words but no actions last night, and she did it with a smile on her face.

that's your subjective opinion. I still don't understand how she's supposed to make Biden look like a "fool". Are you implying that she's more intelligent and competent than her rival? (Note we are talking about running mates here, and while I strongly believe that even Obama is more fit for the job than she is, that's not the topic here.)
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 10:23:58 AM »

that's your subjective opinion. I still don't understand how she's supposed to make Biden look like a "fool". Are you implying that she's more intelligent and competent than her rival? (Note we are talking about running mates here, and while I strongly believe that even Obama is more fit for the job than she is, that's not the topic here.)

Yes, I believe she is, and the proof is what she did last night. Even CNN which is biased toward the left said that. Sen. Biden will have a very hard time trying to win the debate.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 10:25:53 AM »

"Joe Biden is the next Dick Cheney."  Well, there's a comforting thought.

Haven't we already learned what a bad idea it is to have someone unready for the Presidency take office after the last 7 years?  Sure, Sarah Palin isn't the ideal candidate, but at least she's on the bottom of the ticket.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies