Is DailyKos a communist site?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:39:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is DailyKos a communist site?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Is DailyKos a communist site?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Is DailyKos a communist site?  (Read 11060 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 01, 2008, 03:10:48 AM »

Question 1 : Don't Care

Question 2 : DailyKossack is a left wing smear machine which operates in slander, hate, conspiracy theory and speculation. It's obvious Marxist leanings need absolutely no explanation from me as they are self-explanatory.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:11:47 AM »

Does it ever end with you? Must ever f'in quote you don't like end up in a poll?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:14:13 AM »

Does it ever end with you? Must ever f'in quote you don't like end up in a poll?

I'm just trying to expose what no doubt the vast majority of the forum would find to be extreme idiocy from you. Believe me, you're not going to get the majority backing you up here or arguing you are making great debating points in that thread.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 03:17:32 AM »

I'm just trying to expose what no doubt the vast majority of the forum would find to be extreme idiocy from you. Believe me, you're not going to get the majority backing you up here or arguing you are making great debating points in that thread.

If I cared what the majority of folks here thought about me I'd be a Democrat. Anyone who takes the DailyKossack seriously obviously has serious credibility issues.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 03:18:57 AM »

If I cared what the majority of folks here thought about me I'd be a Democrat. Anyone who takes the DailyKossack seriously obviously has serious credibility issues.

Don't you believe Obama is a Muslim?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 03:21:13 AM »

Don't you believe Obama is a Muslim?

Nope. But his bum father and grandfather were Muslims.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 03:24:30 AM »

He said "marxist-leanings" not "communist."

Since most liberal sites probably have "marxist-leanings" I don't see the big deal.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 03:25:26 AM »

I like how BRTD ignored the important part of the quote, which was that Daily Kos is a left-wing propaganda site.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 03:28:35 AM »

I like how BRTD ignored the important part of the quote, which was that Daily Kos is a left-wing propaganda site.

If you want to call it a left wing propaganda site, then call it a left wing propaganda site, not a communist site. It'd be like me calling McCain's campaign's press releases "fascist propaganda"
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 03:32:12 AM »

Since most liberal sites probably have "marxist-leanings" I don't see the big deal.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 03:33:19 AM »

Read the whole argument with sbane. Earlier he simply called it "communist".
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 05:35:11 AM »
« Edited: September 01, 2008, 06:07:18 AM by sbane »

The 3 people who voted yes are idiots and should really look up the meaning of the word "communist".
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 05:40:26 AM »
« Edited: September 01, 2008, 05:46:51 AM by sbane »

Yes he did say communist. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=81799.msg1696383#msg1696383

I really hope you didn't vote yes or else we need to take a little trip to West Bengal.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 07:47:26 AM »

I didn't vote at all - I don't usually vote in threads but especially so in threads like these, haha.  I don't need to give validation to either side in these sorts of debates.

BRTD - Ok, I sympathize.  DailyKos is not a communist site.  But you should dig up the quotes where StatesRights actually said that instead of something far more reasonable.

StatesRights probably doesn't think it's actually a communist website, it's just a throw-around word to mean 'communist-leaning' or 'far-right.'  Just like all y'all might call Palin corrupt, lying, or a fundamentalist or something, it's an exaggeration.   If he does stand by his statements, it's probably just to annoy you and not because he thinks that a bunch of people are trying to eliminate capitalism on some Greek Democrat's blog.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 10:56:40 AM »

I tend to think it's more fascist than communist, but what do I know?  Most kooky internet sites like DailyKos trend that way.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 01:37:01 PM »

I tend to think it's more fascist than communist, but what do I know?  Most kooky internet sites like DailyKos trend that way.

They are democratic hacks and I doubt they are either fascist or communist. Perhaps a bit annoying for your side so you guys look for epithets to lob at them. I am not defending them but you are definitely misusing the two words.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 02:39:12 PM »

Who cares? A better question is why you care enough about other people's comments you disagree with that you frequently make polls about them? Nobody else here does it, so what's up, is something wrong with your brain?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »

Better question: Are BRTD and Sbane completely out of touch and out of their minds?  A: Yes
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 08:33:32 PM »

Better question: Are BRTD and Sbane completely out of touch and out of their minds?  A: Yes

Are you dense? Daily kos is communist? Proof?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 09:31:46 PM »

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Communist

I guess so... Though, it is probably кoммциіѕт.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 12:01:29 AM »

I have never once seen a thread in Daily Kos advocating applying dialectical materialism to current affairs, debating whether the peasantry serves a reactionary or revolutionary role, or calling a critic a "petit-bourgeois reactionary."  Call it what you want, but it's far more entertaining than a communist site would be...communists being the driest, most literal-minded, humorless people on Earth.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 12:05:34 AM »

Which economic policies on DailyKos does one think are communist? Perhaps this forum isn't a fan of universal health care, but about 2/3rds of Americans support it.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 12:18:31 AM »

I have never once seen a thread in Daily Kos advocating applying dialectical materialism to current affairs, debating whether the peasantry serves a reactionary or revolutionary role, or calling a critic a "petit-bourgeois reactionary."  Call it what you want, but it's far more entertaining than a communist site would be...communists being the driest, most literal-minded, humorless people on Earth.

Communists are very humorous. Haven't you ever read Pravda?

And I doubt most people here have any understanding about Marxism, which is an anarchist ideology.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 03:08:38 AM »

StatesRights probably doesn't think it's actually a communist website, it's just a throw-around word to mean 'communist-leaning' or 'far-right.'  Just like all y'all might call Palin corrupt, lying, or a fundamentalist or something, it's an exaggeration.   If he does stand by his statements, it's probably just to annoy you and not because he thinks that a bunch of people are trying to eliminate capitalism on some Greek Democrat's blog.

Someone here gets it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 04:22:43 AM »

Someone here gets it.

Right so you know that they aren't literally communist. I guess we are in agreement then although I would prefer you not throw that word around. Actually its kinda amusing so whatever.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies