Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:17:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Poll
Question: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
Yes.

No.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 128

Author Topic: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?  (Read 26224 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2008, 11:36:01 AM »

Guys, I have some relieving news: according to Palin's speech just now, she used to be both a hockey mom and a part-time basketball coach. Don't worry; we're in good, experienced hands.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2008, 11:39:08 AM »

Guys, I have some relieving news: according to Palin's speech just now, she used to be both a hockey mom and a part-time basketball coach. Don't worry; we're in good, experienced hands.

And that's all she's ever done and all she'll ever do.  Time to pop out more babies, haw haw haw.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »

I worry a bit about her experience but she is competent and is the one person with executive experience in this race. She's qualified.

The population of Alaska is about the same as the population (a little less, actually) of Austin, TX, my home town. The current mayor has been mayor since 2003, over twice as long as Mrs. Palin. Is he qualified to be President?

Comparing the job of a Mayor with the job of a Governor is ridiculous. Population doesn't mean everything.

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2008, 11:47:32 AM »

Watch her on tv now and tell me she projects executive experience. Particularly in contrast to Obama.

She could barely sell real estate.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2008, 11:48:15 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually I haven't. I've seen the mindless worshiping of delusional cultists, who are devastated that their "messiah" isn't nearly as smart as they think he is.

Nice way to try to twist what her actual experience is.

She has SEVEN years of executive experience. "The messiah" has none. If you want to play the "let's trash Alaska" game, fine. But executive experience is executive experience.

Your "messiah" HAS NONE.

Trying to tout "Law review editor" and "community organizer" is simply laughable. It makes "the one" look worse, not better. I'd knock it off if your intent on helping him.

State legislator with no accomplishments and less than a full term Senator.

That's what you have.

Neither is a qualification to be president.

ONE year as a governor OF ANY STATE trumps the entire  "messiah" resume.

You might not like it, but your "messiah" was pwned. Live with it.

Anyone who says PWNED in a post has got to be 12.  Let me guess, you play a lot of online videogames?

That aside, you might want to review my hundreds of posts questioning or criticizing Obama --- especially in the primary -- before you call me a kool ade drinking cultist who considers him a messiah.

Facts are facts.  Compare the records.

Palin was head of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes at her high school.
She was runner up for Miss Alaska and was voted "Miss Congeniality".
She was a city councilwoman and mayor of a small town.
She has been governor of one of the smallest states in the union for about two years.

Obama was head of the Harvard Law Review.
He was a community organizer in a city with ten times more people than the state Palin governs.
He was a state senator for two terms in the fifth most populous state in the Union.
He has been and is a member of the U.S. Senate, serving on the Foreign Relations, Armed Services ------- and Veteran Affairs Committees.
He championed the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Reduction Threat in an effort to contain loose nukes ----------- around the world. His support and involvement were described by Lugar, a conservative Republican, as intense and thorough.

You are a complete ass if you think there is any comparison.

I do not think Obama is a messiah of any kind.  And I would have MUCH preferred Chris Dodd or Joe Biden at the top of the ticket.  Why?  Because, as I said repeatedly and many of the good Republican posters here will back me up, I am not at ease with Obama's experience level.  He has vastly more than her.  But still not enough.  So please continue to criticize Obama on the experience card.  You're right.  But if you think Palin has more, go sell crazy someplace else.

And seriously -- grow up and drop the PWNED nonsense.  Or at least spell it correctly.

HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2008, 11:52:05 AM »

Actually I haven't. I've seen the mindless worshiping of delusional cultists, who are devastated that their "messiah" isn't nearly as smart as they think he is.

She has SEVEN years of executive experience. "The messiah" has none. If you want to play the "let's trash Alaska" game, fine. But executive experience is executive experience.

Your "messiah" HAS NONE.

Trying to tout "Law review editor" and "community organizer" is simply laughable. It makes "the one" look worse, not better. I'd knock it off if your intent on helping him.

That's what you have.

Anyone who says PWNED in a post has got to be 12.  Let me guess, you play a lot of online videogames?

That aside, you might want to review my hundreds of posts questioning or criticizing Obama --- especially in the primary -- before you call me a kool ade drinking cultist who considers him a messiah.

Facts are facts.  Compare the records.

Palin was head of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes at her high school.
She was runner up for Miss Alaska and was voted "Miss Congeniality".
She was a city councilwoman and mayor of a small town.
She has been governor of one of the smallest states in the union for about two years.

Obama was head of the Harvard Law Review.
He was a community organizer in a city with ten times more people than the state Palin governs.
He was a state senator for two terms in the fifth most populous state in the Union.
He has been and is a member of the U.S. Senate, serving on the Foreign Relations, Armed Services ------- and Veteran Affairs Committees.
He championed the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Reduction Threat in an effort to contain loose nukes ----------- around the world. His support and involvement were described by Lugar, a conservative Republican, as intense and thorough.

You are a complete ass if you think there is any comparison.

I do not think Obama is a messiah of any kind.  And I would have MUCH preferred Chris Dodd or Joe Biden at the top of the ticket.  Why?  Because, as I said repeatedly and many of the good Republican posters here will back me up, I am not at ease with Obama's experience level.  He has vastly more than her.  But still not enough.  So please continue to criticize Obama on the experience card.  You're right.  But if you think Palin has more, go sell crazy someplace else.

And seriously -- grow up and drop the PWNED nonsense.  Or at least spell it correctly.

EXACTLY!  Just because I support Obama does'nt mean I worship him.  I supported Joe Biden until he dropped out of the campaign and supported Obama because he was the remaining candidate who I felt best represented me. 
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2008, 11:53:12 AM »

Another "worshiper of lord Barry" getting a little hot under the collar?

You are the one who tried to make the absurd claim that "community organizer" and "law review editor" somehow trumps an O-5 and/or a Governor.

You are the one who claimed "military experience does not equal executive experience".

I am almost certain that you haven't served if you make that kind of comment. I have, and you are dead wrong.

Don't hate me because I called you on it.

Its true I've never served but I have close friends and relitives and friends serving now who could be killed at a moments notice so don't you dare talk about service.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2008, 12:03:17 PM »

Same thing I said about Ridge, Sarah Palin is a not just a retaining wall, she is a bulldozer.  She moves earth.  I would have liked to see a more experienced pick, but as VP she doesn't have to be ready right away.

From a political perspective she is an A-list pick.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2008, 12:04:17 PM »

as VP she doesn't have to be ready right away.

not what was being echoed from your side in July of 2004.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2008, 12:04:50 PM »

Your "messiah" HAS NONE.

That's what you have.

Dude this pick is an obvious pander that dumbass McCain thought he could pick off Hillary voters LOL. Just face it man you are pissed she was picked just own up to it.

BTW I think Romney should have been picked because with all consideration, the working class Republicans dont sit down analyze VP picks some of them just vote on the ticket.

This. This is bad. Porkbarrel etc. LOL
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2008, 12:05:05 PM »

Same thing I said about Ridge, Sarah Palin is a not just a retaining wall, she is a bulldozer.  She moves earth.  I would have liked to see a more experienced pick, but as VP she doesn't have to be ready right away.

From a political perspective she is an A-list pick.

Why? Just because she's a woman?

Nobody actually knows who she is.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2008, 12:05:44 PM »

People didn't know Barack or Bill Clinton at the beginning either...
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2008, 12:06:14 PM »

Then following this speech, she'll be ready for Prime Time by 2011.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2008, 12:07:53 PM »

Barack and Bill were at least fairly well known figures by the time they started running for President. People are literally learning who this person is today.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2008, 12:12:12 PM »

Barack and Bill were at least fairly well known figures by the time they started running for President. People are literally learning who this person is today.

No they weren't.  Obama started running for President when people couldn't even properly pronounce his name.  Even Dick Durbin said so last night.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2008, 12:15:26 PM »

No they weren't.  Obama started running for President when people couldn't even properly pronounce his name.  Even Dick Durbin said so last night.

They all started in the previous election cycle. Palin has two months.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2008, 12:17:54 PM »

That's nice. That's BS though. Everyone who keeps up with current events (at least somewhat) knew who he was after his speech at the 2004 DNC.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »

Vice President

Most people have no clue who most VP picks are, when they are chosen.  The average voter didn' know who Joe Biden was, until a few days back.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2008, 12:20:50 PM »

That's nice. That's BS though. Everyone who keeps up with current events (at least somewhat) knew who he was after his speech at the 2004 DNC.

Probably more than half the people who vote in the general election forgot who the guy was by 2007.  People who follow current events didn't, but most people don't and most people have really short memories.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2008, 12:26:47 PM »

If anyone is listening to Glenn Beck on CNN right now, he is making excellent points.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2008, 12:27:22 PM »

McCain better have an amazing cohort of advisors around him because if the 25th amendment is ever invoked for any reason, we are so fucked.

Of course, Obama better also have an amazing cohort of advisors around him too but that's another discussion....
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2008, 12:28:15 PM »

Vice President

Most people have no clue who most VP picks are, when they are chosen.  The average voter didn' know who Joe Biden was, until a few days back.

Wrong, I think everybody knew who JOE BIDEN was, nobody knows how is a hockey mom Palin. 
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2008, 12:30:46 PM »

No, but neither is Obama entirely.

That said, while qualifications are important, they're not the only thing people should consider.

Indeed.

Her femaleness is a major factor- women voters might be more willing to consider McCain as a result.

That was a surprise pick.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2008, 12:34:12 PM »

Vice President

Wrong, I think everybody knew who JOE BIDEN was, nobody knows how is a hockey mom Palin. 

I think you are making the classic mistake of assuming that, because people geeky enough to go online and discuss politics everyday know who Joe Biden is, that that means the average person has any clue.

Most people might be able to tell you who their congressman is, if you caught them on a good day.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2008, 12:34:32 PM »

Um.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies