Putin makes silly claims (also, has few friends, small penis)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:12:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Putin makes silly claims (also, has few friends, small penis)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Putin makes silly claims (also, has few friends, small penis)  (Read 1301 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2008, 01:45:59 AM »

link
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I wonder who thinks this favors?  Obama?  McCain?  Hard to say...my guess is it will conveniently favor whoever wins.

AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 01:59:43 AM »

Wow, even China and the SCO won't back Russia over this. That I never would have expected.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 03:38:39 AM »

Wow, even China and the SCO won't back Russia over this. That I never would have expected.
Actually, it was obvious that this would happen. China is against unilateral independende for obvious reeasons and the other members of the SCo are not to keen to promote seccesion themsleves. As he final statement was signed by Russia as well and contains nothing new but the empty talk that was offered by the SCO members before, it's a bit to construe it as criticism.

link
I wonder who thinks this favors?  Obama?  McCain?  Hard to say...my guess is it will conveniently favor whoever wins.
The opportunity to focus on national security and condemn Russia obviously favours McCain. And it's certainly in the interest of the current administration for McCain to win. Of course, that doesn't mean that they provoked the conflict, but it's not farfetched.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 04:22:11 PM »

The opportunity to focus on national security and condemn Russia obviously favours McCain. And it's certainly in the interest of the current administration for McCain to win. Of course, that doesn't mean that they provoked the conflict, but it's not farfetched.
Haha. Does your pro-Russian hackery know no bounds?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 02:29:55 AM »
« Edited: August 30, 2008, 02:40:10 AM by GMantis »

Personaly, I think that Saakashvilli engineered this on his own. He's certainly shown that he's capable of rash, agresive action. On the other hand, insiders say that Saakashvili doesn't do anything important before consulting with the US embassy, so it seems a bit unlikely that the US government didn't know anything about this. And knowing from past experience, creating a foreign crisis for domestic purposes is certainly not immpossible. But of course it's possible that these are just the ravings of a mindless hack.
Speaking of mindless hacks, several times you've said that the Abkhazians and Ossetians would actually welcome the Georgian invasion. You've yet to prvide any evidence for this ridiculous claim. This is a good opportunity to do it. And while you're at it, you could perhaps give sources, which show that the majority of the government both of Ossetia and Abkhazia are Russians. And perhaps something to back your other wild claims on the subject, but let's not rush things.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 03:45:34 AM »

Personaly, I think that Saakashvilli engineered this on his own. He's certainly shown that he's capable of rash, agresive action. On the other hand, insiders say that Saakashvili doesn't do anything important before consulting with the US embassy, so it seems a bit unlikely that the US government didn't know anything about this.
It's absurd to assume Saakashvili didn't feel he'd been given a green light from Washington.
Whether this is what the relevant authorities in Washington felt they were doing is another matter, and one on which I have no clue.
Usually better to assume stupidity and evil intentions self-misunderstood as good intentions, rather than open malice. So this is what I will be doing.
jeron
Netherlands
Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -7.48

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »

Saakashvili was over-confident and thought the US was going to support him against Russian, which was a stupid idea in the first place.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies