PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:58:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 45194 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2008, 05:16:13 PM »

pro making the game exciting (ie threatening to secede)

Lol, then why the big deal with Hashemite being a "traitor"?
Threatening does not equal doing

We were threatening because it drew attention to the region, Hashemite seceded because he was a childish cry baby
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2008, 05:17:22 PM »

What?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »

It's pretty self-explanatory. 

It still perplexes as to why Xahar thinks that reading the Wiki makes you an important Atlasia, he's being challenged as chairman to the party he founded.  He made a big deal about getting 10 people, yet he hasn't kept it active and I've made a bigger party in less time with all active members and an active thread.  He hasn't been elected to anything, mostly because of his own doing.  What is it with this kid?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2008, 05:36:52 PM »

Seceding is good. But seceding is bad. I understand now.

It still perplexes as to why Xahar thinks that reading the Wiki makes you an important Atlasia, he's being challenged as chairman to the party he founded.

So? The opposition isn't serious. My leadership is pretty much unchallenged in the SDP.

He made a big deal about getting 10 people, yet he hasn't kept it active and I've made a bigger party in less time with all active members and an active thread.

The SDP is plenty active. I can understand you going after the NLC on this, but we've actually adopted a full set of bylaws, unlike the SSP RPP. As for the membership thing, remember when you were an AUB member?

The Social Democrats may also consider the "We Have Never Been Elected To Anything and Probably Never Will" Party (WHNBETAPNW)

Ah yes. There it is. Care to elaborate on that? While you're at it, explain to me the activity of Driedapples and Ronnie.

Anyway, call me back when your coalition partners, for whom your praise has been nearly as effusive as your denunciation of us has been unrestrained, hold a convention, call an election, or adopt a platform or bylaws.

He hasn't been elected to anything, mostly because of his own doing.  What is it with this kid?

I don't carpetbag, unlike some others. But I won Torie an election, and I could win it again if it needed winning.

I'm probably wasting my time here. But it's still fun.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2008, 05:49:22 PM »

Xahar
work on making it fun. I am bored as !

You want to help own the Dear Leader? Go for it.

But as for making the game more fun, I'm doing what I can. It isn't much, unfortunately.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2008, 07:00:56 PM »

DWTL is the Dear Leader now? I've never heard anyone call him that one. Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2008, 07:01:42 PM »

Do you have a better one?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2008, 07:06:38 PM »

Do you have a better one?

I would go for something that encapsulates his hatred of France. Towards that end, "fish," "Algerian," or "kraut" might be appropriate. That's just me though. Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2008, 11:49:14 PM »

Seceding is good. But seceding is bad. I understand now.

It still perplexes as to why Xahar thinks that reading the Wiki makes you an important Atlasia, he's being challenged as chairman to the party he founded.

So? The opposition isn't serious. My leadership is pretty much unchallenged in the SDP.

He made a big deal about getting 10 people, yet he hasn't kept it active and I've made a bigger party in less time with all active members and an active thread.

The SDP is plenty active. I can understand you going after the NLC on this, but we've actually adopted a full set of bylaws, unlike the SSP RPP. As for the membership thing, remember when you were an AUB member?

The Social Democrats may also consider the "We Have Never Been Elected To Anything and Probably Never Will" Party (WHNBETAPNW)

Ah yes. There it is. Care to elaborate on that? While you're at it, explain to me the activity of Driedapples and Ronnie.

Anyway, call me back when your coalition partners, for whom your praise has been nearly as effusive as your denunciation of us has been unrestrained, hold a convention, call an election, or adopt a platform or bylaws.

He hasn't been elected to anything, mostly because of his own doing.  What is it with this kid?

I don't carpetbag, unlike some others. But I won Torie an election, and I could win it again if it needed winning.

I'm probably wasting my time here. But it's still fun.

Crickets?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2008, 03:58:41 PM »

Ugh, BaconKing voted to increase foreign aid Sad

PiT, I'm fighting a lonely fight against a bunch of Europeans, I need you man.  I can't find that reliable help
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2008, 05:26:50 PM »

PiT, I'm fighting a lonely fight against a bunch of Europeans, I need you man.  I can't find that reliable help

No need to blame the European-Atlasians; a simple scan of the voting record shows your votes don't correlate all that much better with American-Atlasians either.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2008, 05:31:12 PM »

No need to blame the European-Atlasians; a simple scan of the voting record shows your votes don't correlate all that much better with American-Atlasians either.
A simple scan also shows that I am the lone conservative.  Your bills though clearly show that you do not live in America, for example wanting relinquish lands that are US/Atlasian held and entering into treaties that Europeans countries have
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2008, 07:41:02 PM »

Indeed, I am a little shocked that there is such a willingness to spend more money on foreign aid in such trying times. We need to be spending less money, not more.

I would like to see the foreign aid budget eliminated, with a handsome sum of money (say, 40% of the current foreign aid budget) being donated to charities. This would help avoid lining the pockets of dictators while making sure that the money is in the hands of people who know how to get it to the kids that need it.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2008, 10:19:03 PM »

I would ike to say that I am 100% behind PiT's senate campaign. He is probably more responsible than anyone for the Regional Protection Party's prominence, and would make a great senator.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2008, 10:23:46 PM »

I've already visited Georgia, but you can speak at my stop in Mississippi. It'll be tomorrow or the next day.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2008, 11:46:00 PM »

I've already visited Georgia, but you can speak at my stop in Mississippi. It'll be tomorrow or the next day.

Thank you for the invitation. I will speak provided I have an opportunity.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2008, 11:53:54 PM »

Thank you for the invitation. I will speak provided I have an opportunity.

It's not a problem. At some point over the weekend, if we're both online at the same time, I'll send you a PM.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2008, 10:01:46 PM »

Campaign Stop from Jackson, Mississippi, by South Park Conservative

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. I am pleased to be doing a campaign stop for RPP vice-chairman and senatorial candidate PiT the Physicist. I would just like to say that it is important to the cause of regional power that we elect a pro-regionalist to the Atlasian Senate, to fight for the cause of power to the regions. There are some in Atlasia who wish to abolish the regions outright, and replace them with an entirely federal Atlasian structure. This would be devastating to the activity of Atlasia, with a game that would be rigged toward one side and disenfranchising the other. This is why we must elect PiT, to ensure that regions and regional senate elections stay for another four months. I remember last year, when the idea for abolishing districts was at a vote, that President Wixted said that "I don't give a sh**t about the regions! I don't give a sh**t about their powers!" This kind of attitude is the thing that needs to be changed about Nyman, and PiT is the kind of person that will make sure that the attitude doesn't make a permanent stain on Atlasian politics. Thank you, and remember to vote for PiT!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2008, 10:32:20 PM »

Just seeing how upset everyone is over possibly losing BaconKing in favor or PiT is comical.  Bacon said he favored eliminating regional seats if other regions wanted it and voted for the confirmation of a man who called our dear governor a Nazi and seceded from the Union
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2008, 10:35:20 PM »

Just seeing how upset everyone is over possibly losing BaconKing in favor or PiT is comical.  Bacon said he favored eliminating regional seats if other regions wanted it and voted for the confirmation of a man who called our dear governor a Nazi and seceded from the Union

The fact is that PiT's election will send a shock to the NLC establishment. The last time the right-of center had a movement this big in Atlasia, Brandon was running for president.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2008, 10:37:06 PM »

Senate candidate PiT gives a speech in front of the courthouse in Jackson, Mississippi.

Greetings everybody. It is my pleasure to appear before you all here. Recently, certain people have suggested that I am a mere running dog of the "DWTL establishment" (rest assured, the RPP is much greater than a mere personality cult). Though I consider him & SPC to be good friends, I must beg to differ.

For one, I am not in anyway an anarcho-capitalist. Though I have an economic PM score of +9, I do not trust the free market to solve all problems & I do not view the government as an inherent threat to the integrity of the economy. I merely think that people need to be self-sufficient.

For another, I respect the right of the state of Israel to exist. It was founded on stolen land, but now that it's there, I oppose the land being taken away. I do however think that Israel should be held to account for their treatment of the Palestinians.

Furthermore, I support the United States entering World War II. Had we not assisted England & the Soviet Union in fighting Germany, the Axis Powers would most likely have prevailed, with the whole continent of Europe being reduced to a suzerain state of Germany.

I also think that Abraham Lincoln, though he did many ignoble things, was also a capable leader who succeeded in what he set out to do. Though I wouldn't call him the greatest president ever, I do respect him for accomplishing what he set out to do & for accelerating the end of slavery.

Needless to say, though I am good friends with DWTL & SPC & Duke & I agree with them on many issues, I also have my own views. If elected Senator, I will not be afraid to take a different position from DWTL where I disagree with him. At the same time, I will be equally unafraid to take his side where I agree with him. However, I resent the idea that I will be an ideological clone. We agree on many issues, but we also have disagreements, some of which I've enumerated.

The RPP is a party composed of fiercely independent people with widely divergent views. We consist of libertarians, conservatives, populists, & liberals who have come together for a simple reason; that being that we believe that it is not in the best interests of Atlasia that our government move from its current federal system to a more unitary one.

Good evening, & Dave bless Atlasia!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2008, 10:37:15 PM »

Bacon has been around a long time and has represented the Dirty South with dignity, but I am very upset that he voted to confirm that traitor and treasonist Hashemite. We also disagree when it comes to region's rights, obviously. I like BaconKIng and I hate he voted the way that he did on those two matters. He's a good guy and I won't trash him, but if we want to keep our region independent, we have to support PiT. He may be young and inexperienced, but he's done a fine job working in the party and, in working with him, I've seen a future leader.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »

Though I felt that you spent most of the speech on the defensive, the last paragraph was great.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2008, 10:46:59 PM »

Thank you. I just felt like I should respond to recent attacks by Jas & Sensei suggesting that I am winning just because I parrot DWTL's ideas.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2008, 12:55:19 AM »

The whole point of my speech was to say that it's not a cult.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies