PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:19:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44607 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:08:16 PM »
« edited: May 27, 2009, 11:25:03 PM by Senator PiT »

I'm going to use this thread to publicize all my campaign stops in my race for Senate. I won't hit the campaign trail for a little bit, so I'll be glad to field any & all questions about my campaign here. Smiley

For the record, my first campaign stop will be in Texas. I haven't decided what city it will be. If anyone has any suggestions, I'll gladly take them into account.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:49:10 PM »

OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN NOTICE
     I forgot to mention that I would like to thank Senator-elect DownWithTheLeft, Governor AHDuke99, & Lt. Governor South Park Conservative for starting this party. I wouldn't have been here to run for this seat without them around to get the ball rolling.

Anyway, my first campaign stop will be on August 31st. I still haven't decided on where in the great state of Texas it will be though. Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:58:33 PM »

PiT, you really shouldn't feel the need to thank anyone.  Without your recruiting and GOTV effort, there is no way I could have been elected
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 05:34:29 PM »

OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN NOTICE
     The location of the August 31st campaign stop has been decided upon. I will stop in Austin, Texas. I haven't decided where in Austin, but Google Images will be my friend there. Smiley

After that stop, I'll speak in a city to be determined in Louisiana. Probably New Orleans though.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 03:45:52 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2008, 03:52:20 PM by PiT (The Physicist) »

PiT (The Physicist) makes his campaign stop at the capitol building in Austin, Texas, before a roaring crowd of college students.

I gather before you all today because I am running for Senate. I am sure many of you would like to know my reasons for running for Senate. Well there is one predominant reason I have for running. That reason being the presence of a powerful faction within Nyman that wishes to do away with the regional election of Senators.

If this faction gets what it wants, the power of regions will be greatly threatened on the federal level. There will be no guarantee of a region being represented in the Senate. The odds of an underpopulated region such as the Midwest being excluded are great, but what of the Southeast? Though we may be the second most populous region in the great country of Atlasia, much of that is numbers on a sheet of paper. The Southeast routinely suffers from poor election turnout.

In the August Gubernatorial election, 10 Southeasterners showed up to vote. That was out of 22 registered voters in the region. With that many of our brethren inactive, the Southeast is in just as much peril of going unrepresented as the Midwest. We are a region in crisis without even knowing it. Regardless of our best efforts to improve tunrout, there are enough people who have left & won't return that we'll remain in danger.

No region should have to fear not being represented in Nyman. No group of people should have to go without a voice, because they're region suffers from fewer people, or from lower turnout. To take away a region's right to representation is a dangerous usurpation of power by the federal government, & if you elect me Senator, I will do everything in my power to stop the further growth of the federal behemoth!

Good day, & God bless Atlasia!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 06:57:15 PM »

Eh, I'm not quite sure I agree with the premise. Good speech, though.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 01:42:15 AM »

OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN NOTICE
     I greatly appreciate the one rave review of my speech. Smiley

Anyway, I'm here to announce that I previously intended to campaign in New Orleans, Louisiana on September 5th. In light of Hurricane Gustav, I have decided that it would be best to give the people of the great city of New Orleans a few weeks to rebuild. As such, I will be campaigning in Little Rock, Arkansas on September 5th.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 09:04:21 PM »

PiT (The Physicist) greets a crowd of supporters in front of the legendary Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Our region, the Southeast, has accomplished many great things throughout its long history. Some things it has done were not so great, but we have learned to move on, & to embrace the better parts of modernity. We now realize that to segregate children based on the color of their skin is not a wise course of action.

However, the great things that we have accomplished are under threat of going unnoticed in Nyman. The better parts of every region are under that very same threat. Forces who want to nationalize our elections seek to dissolve the cultural identity that makes Southeasterners distinct from Pacificers, Midwesterners, Mideasterners, & Northeasterners. We may think ourselves safe for now, but what if our children grow up in a world dominated by national elections? Will they know why they should be proud of the region they were born in?

What we need is a Senator who will remind us, & remind everyone in Nyman, the pride of the Southeast. If you elect me Senator, when I feel even the slightest shadow of the cloud of doubt on how I should vote on a bill, I will turn to you, my constituents, for advice. The greatest part of the Pacific region is that they have a great man as their Senator, who listens to their concerns. If you elect me your Senator, I will be sure to follow his example, & be a true voice of Southeastern conservatism in the Atlasian Senate.

Good night, & Dave bless Atlasia!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 05:33:50 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2008, 06:12:44 PM by ޒަހަރު) زَهَـرْ) »

It's good for you that you didn't bring up your original Pacifican citizenship.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 06:04:10 PM »

It's goodfor you that you didn't bring up your original Pacifican citizenship.
Why?  It only serves as an asset to his campaign.  He left the region in order to go somewhere to help the struggle for regional rights
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 06:12:55 PM »

Sort of denies the purpose of regional rights. Besides, national elections would net you more seats.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 06:14:33 PM »

Sort of denies the purpose of regional rights. Besides, national elections would net you more seats.
No I wouldn't, look at this election:

1 RPP, 1 NLC, 1 Indy, 1 JCP, 1 SDP
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 06:24:11 PM »

...because you only ran one candidate.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 06:53:14 PM »

We would need more supporters to win with more candidates. Even if we ran Brandon, Jedi, & Paul, I'm not sure that we could get three candidates elected, let alone five.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 06:56:53 PM »

We would need more supporters to win with more candidates. Even if we ran Brandon, Jedi, & Paul, I'm not sure that we could get three candidates elected, let alone five.

Who was talking about winning all five?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 07:01:23 PM »

And you ran two and lost the second seat

And even if we could win all five seats, that doesn't mean we deny power to the regions. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 10:42:05 PM »

Perhaps if you mixed in some good ole southern humor and charisma, it wouldn't be so boring.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 10:44:16 PM »

I was trying to communicate indignation & resolve. Doesn't work so well over the internet. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 10:46:44 PM »

It's fine. You still have my vote if I could vote for you.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 10:50:41 PM »

Okay, that's good. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 11:36:51 PM »

Okay, I'll try to be funnier in the future. Tongue Just don't expect me to be a laugh riot. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 01:03:51 AM »

My friends, I just realized out of my own foolishness and stupidity, that I can vote in this election involving my dear friend, PiT (The Physicist). Under his watch, I feel he will do all he can with his tender hands to ensure that our gorgeous region is protected from the harmful diseases that sit at our gated community. He's like a condom who's going to protect our region from the AIDS that is being spewed from Congress right now. Now, it's not that I don't like Bacon King. He's a fellow southerner, lover of our good food, and lover of pork fat, but he doesn't share the love of states rights that our party has hung its hat on since day one. Because of his blatant disregard for not only our ideals, but Jesus Christ's in Heaven, I cannot support him. It is with great pleasure that I give PiT (The Physicist) my full endorsement, and throw my weight behind him as he embarks on this endeavor to cut the Bacon out of congress and replace it with some lean, mean state right loving. Join me, my friends, in supporting this fine Republican and Patriot! God Bless our Heavenly Region, and God Bless America!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 01:12:13 AM »

Thank you, Governor Duke. Tomorrow, I'll be campaigning in Memphis, Tennessee, the capital of the Southeast. I would be honored if you joined me on stage there.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 01:19:23 AM »

Thank you, Governor Duke. Tomorrow, I'll be campaigning in Memphis, Tennessee, the capital of the Southeast. I would be honored if you joined me on stage there.

Let me know what time and I'll see if I'm around. I'd like to join you as well. We need to make a swing through Charleston as well.

PiT (The Physicist),
It s happening and I told you so.
SmileySmiley

What's happening? Victory is in sight?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 01:22:12 AM »

PiT (The Physicist),
It s happening and I told you so.
SmileySmiley

I try not to get my hopes up too much. Wink Anyway, I'm hitting the outlying parts early on. Later on, I'll be campaigning in RPP country.

Let me know what time and I'll see if I'm around. I'd like to join you as well. We need to make a swing through Charleston as well.

How does 5 PM EST sound?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies