Abkhazia...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:02:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Abkhazia...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Abkhazia...  (Read 3087 times)
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »

That would be it.  The international community should be pushing for that goal.  We should all be pissed when they don't because we all know nobody has the balls to do what's right.
Unlike you, I don't welcome the possibility of war between the US and Russia.
I don't welcome war, but I don't want to stand down when our friends get pushed around.  It always ends up bad for us when we don't defend our allies (or other victims of an aggresive state), might as well face the bad as soon as possible and on our time table and get it over with.
So you do support war. It fits nicely with your previous posts on the topic and your general opinion on Russia.
Oh, and the above is a perfect justification for the Russian intervention.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 12:54:08 PM »

You're insane if you think the Russians welcome war with the US; they simply know that the US will not got to war with them over Georgia.
They don't know it, they might hope it or even assume it, but they don't know it.  I guess they might think they know it, but since the question hasn't been answered yet, I guess nobody knows it.
I meant that it was extremely unlikely; you don't agree with this?
It depends on how hard Russia pushes the issue and how hard Georgia/The West feels like pushing back.  This is far from over.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 03:45:53 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2008, 03:48:22 PM by GMantis »

There has been a lot of hypocrisy and double standarts over this war and they reached hysterical proportion after Russia recognized the two regions. But this is so hypocritical, it's almost comical:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_recognition_of_Abkhazia_and_South_Ossetia_independence#Other_States
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 04:37:21 PM »

There has been a lot of hypocrisy and double standarts over this war and they reached hysterical proportion after Russia recognized the two regions. But this is so hypocritical, it's almost comical:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_recognition_of_Abkhazia_and_South_Ossetia_independence#Other_States
Right, because Kosovo is an American puppet régime used by the US to bully Serbia. Face it, Abkhazia and South Ossetia are entirely Russian creations, with as much popular support as Adjara had.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 01:00:02 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2008, 01:01:53 AM by GMantis »

Right, because Kosovo is an American puppet régime used by the US to bully Serbia. Face it, Abkhazia and South Ossetia are entirely Russian creations, with as much popular support as Adjara had.
So you're saying that they would have prefered to remain part of Georgia. You've made this absurd statement, which contradicts everything I've heard or read abouth this conflict several times now and you've yet to give proof. Won't you do it at last?

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 05:20:52 AM »

You forgot Chechnya and it's hypocritical actors.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 10:37:13 PM »

Hooray for oversimplification!

Carry on, Mr. Dobrev. Glad to see someone understanding the complexity.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies