Al Senate Campaign Windmill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:11:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Al Senate Campaign Windmill
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Al Senate Campaign Windmill  (Read 1337 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 18, 2008, 07:33:49 AM »

Yes, it's that poster again!

Official announcements and stuff will be made here. Ask any questions that thee might have to ask.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 07:39:10 AM »

ENDORSEMENTY STUFF, SORT OF.

My second preference will being going to Jas. I will also be giving Sen. Wixted a surprisingly high preference.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 09:25:53 PM »

Bump!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »

Anyway. At some point tomorrow, I'll post an official Election Address here. Just to be pointlessly old fashioned. And to let newer people here know what I stand for and so on. That kind of thing.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 04:26:50 PM »

So, why the hell should anyone vote for me?

I've been involved in politics here long enough to know that you can't just sit back an expected to get elected based on name recognition or the partisan letters next to your name on the ballot paper. You have to give people a reason to vote for you and if you don't then, frankly, you don't actually deserve to win. And... well... airy-faerie rhetoric and so on isn't really good enough. It used to be, but isn't anymore.

Ignoring all ideological and partisan factors (which are perfectly valid things to base your vote on, but are known already) there's one major reason why people should consider voting for me. I'm more than prepared to cause trouble in the Senate, to block bad legislation, to destroy bad nominations, to kill awful amendments. This is something that I will do without any reference to ideology; bad legislation is bad legislation, incompetent nominees are incompetent nominees. And as I know the rules fairly well, I've at least a small chance of being successful at that.
I will also attempt to get some decent legislation passed (mainly on the vast tangled mess that is social and welfare policy) and will also try to aid the general effort to reform the game the best that I can.

There. All done now.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 08:07:14 PM »

Undecided? Read my Election Address!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 08:00:12 PM »

Unlike Nigel Barton (or Dennis Potter for that matter) I seem to have won. Tonight's results are bittersweet; while I'm pleased that my electoral strategy was successful and pleased that Jas managed to pull through, the good must be set against the bad, in this case the defeat of Colin, the failure of the SDP to win two seats and the victory of a vile, strutting little fascist.

Congratulations to Jas, to Sensei and to Culture King. I look forward to working with you all. Commiserations to Colin, to Xahar, to Happy Warrior and to AndrewCT; better luck next time.

I guess I won't be able to use that poster anymore. Oh well.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 08:50:29 PM »

I'm so glad you won, the senate wouldn't be anywhere near as fun without you Smiley
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 08:57:13 PM »

Congratulations to you, Al.  We're not quite ideologically compatible, but I know you've always made a terrific, active Senator and I'm glad to see you'll be on board for the next four months.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 11:49:57 AM »

*hughughug*
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies