Debate!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:13:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Debate!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Debate!  (Read 4157 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2008, 09:30:27 PM »

I'll proceed with my closing statement:

First off, I would like to thank all the candidates.  Despite the large amount of candidates and the numerous questions asked, the debate remained civil and on topic.  I think it showed a lot of things, mostly where the candidates stand on forum specific issues.  We were presented with a lot of options, but I was the only one who continued to oppose an expansion of the federal government under all circumstances.  I believe I am the only candidate to have voted against the amendment to give the SoFA the ability to seize control of strictly regional elections.

I demonstrated that I want to maintain an isolationist foreign policy that prevents meaningless international conflict.  Taking over Turkey is not going to help anyone.  But how could we take over Turkey without a game moderator?  That is why I will continue to support a GM and plan to introduce a bill to bring it back ASAP once elected.  If we want more of the same debateless senate we can send the same people back, but if we want to return to the days of 10 page debates and 5-4 or 5-5 votes strategically planned around vacations and what not, I say its time you give me another crack.  I ask that after you are done voting for me, you vote for Xahar and HappyWarrior as the job cannot be done alone.  I wish luck to all my competitiors and am glad such a fine crop of candidates is assembled for this great nation to choose from.

Thank you and in the spirit of my comrade, Gporter, God Bless Atlasia
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2008, 04:52:38 AM »

Last question. A bill is currently being debated (link to it here) that would require that political parties be registered with the Department of Forum Affairs. How would you vote on this bill?

I quite like the proposal in section II of the bill. I may seek to tweek section I's requirements a bit, but on the whole I'd say I would be positively disposed to the bill.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2008, 02:50:55 AM »

It has been a long and hard campaign. Eventhough we have been faced with the difficulty of running a write-in campaign you have answered and hopefully will deliver. After two terms as your senator it still amazes me to see how great this nation can be and how supportive everyone truly is. I want to remind everyone to vote in this election and let your voice be heard, even if it is not a vote for me. All of Atlasia must be heard and represented in the Senate and that means some will go on to become great senators while other still qualified candidates may end up just short. But the process that we have gone through has shown us how devoted every Atlasian can be and for this I would like to thank the voters and my opponents. As the election draws down I want you to think about what is best for Atlasia before you vote and remember that as your senator I have been active in fighting for you in the senate and I will continue working for all of you if given the chance. So lets keep voting and make sure that Atlasia is well represented in the senate!
-Senator CultureKing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies