Group tied to al-Qaida backs McCain for prez
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:58:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Group tied to al-Qaida backs McCain for prez  (Read 1910 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2008, 07:18:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://wnd.com/index.php?pageId=57678

This thread ought to be good.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 07:28:05 PM »

OMGZ... some group that McCain doesn't support has voiced support for him.  It must be a sign that McCain supports al-Qaida.  Oh, we got him.  We so got him.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 07:54:29 PM »

OMGZ... some group that McCain doesn't support has voiced support for him.  It must be a sign that McCain supports al-Qaida.  Oh, we got him.  We so got him.
I hope you said that when Obama was endorsed by groups like this. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 07:55:22 PM »

LOL.

I love how the fact that it's 90% Muslim automatically means "OMGZ RADICAL ISLAM".
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 07:57:56 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2008, 08:01:23 PM by PiT (The Physicist) »

McCain is also backed by Joe Lieberman & John Hagee. I guess this makes him a Fundie/Zionist/Islamist.

McCain: the tri-religious man.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 07:58:55 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2008, 08:03:18 PM by phknrocket1k »

I find it funny that me, Clinton and OBL supported the toppling of Milosevic. Things have a way of working out that way.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 08:10:03 PM »

I find it funny that me, Clinton and OBL supported the toppling of Milosevic. Things have a way of working out that way.

TERRORIST!!!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »

I hope you said that when Obama was endorsed by groups like this. Tongue

Well, I didn't say otherwise.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 01:47:40 AM »

By the associative property, all of NATO must be "tied to al-Qaeda", since we bombed Serbia in 1999 and helped the KLA.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 01:59:41 AM »

More proof of what a joke Jerome Corsi is.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 02:48:25 PM »

I wonder if this'll change Xahar's opinion of the trash running Kosovo.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »

ELECTION 2008
'They will do all they can to turn Kosovo into a jihadist camp in the heart of Europe'
Posted: March 02, 2008
9:07 pm Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain has enjoyed strong support from a lobbyist group that backs the Kosovo Liberation Army despite allegations the KLA is a Muslim terrorist group with ties to criminal drug networks and al-Qaida.

I think it's possible to be critical of the UCK without tossing out the truth with the truthwater. This author didn't try.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 03:00:17 PM »

McCain probably does or did agree with this group, and was strong in support of Kosovo against Milosevic. The specious link is in tying support for Kosovars to support for Al-Qaeda.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 03:01:25 PM »

By the associative property, all of NATO must be "tied to al-Qaeda", since we bombed Serbia in 1999 and helped the KLA.

If Wesley Clark had gotten the nomination, we surely would have heard that.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 03:14:01 PM »

McCain probably does or did agree with this group, and was strong in support of Kosovo against Milosevic. The specious link is in tying support for Kosovars to support for Al-Qaeda.
^              ^                   ^

(Except I don't equate support for Kosovars with support for the UCK. Most Kosovars I know fled the UCK too, though not as much as they fled Serbia.)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 03:23:50 PM »

Supporting Kosovors doesn't equate supporting this group.  And going from there to say the equates any entanglement with al-Qaida is quite the logical leap.  Basically, this is another idiotic jfraud "gotcha".
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 03:25:38 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2008, 03:28:33 PM by Supersoulty »

These people aren't "running" Kosovo.

And the only reason you think they are trash is because they are Muslims.  If they were non-Catholic-Christians, you would love them, and talk up how oppressed they are.

And put their flag in your sig and talk about how any decent person would go over and fight with them, but then say that you can't because its not practical, and talk about how all their enemies, no matter how low on the totem poll, deserve horrible deaths.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 03:34:45 PM »

And the only reason you think they are trash is because they are Muslims.  If they were non-Catholic-Christians, you would love them, and talk up how oppressed they are.

And put their flag in your sig and talk about how any decent person would go over and fight with them, but then say that you can't because its not practical, and talk about how all their enemies, no matter how low on the totem poll, deserve horrible deaths.

But I should add that you would courageously walk through your "ghetto" to a strip club and boldly slip a dollar into a g-string to honor their sacrifice and show your solidarity.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 07:53:37 PM »

Uh, the PM is a former member who's been convicted in abstentia by a Serbian court for war crimes.

The Christians in Lebanon are mostly Catholic, and they're certainly my favorite group there.

The only flag I've put in my sig that I can remember is Georgia's just recently, who are non-Catholic Christians, but so are the Russians. Plus the Chechens are Muslims and I'm sure as hell not speaking up in support of Russia over them...

and talk about how any decent person would go over and fight with them, but then say that you can't because its not practical, and talk about how all their enemies, no matter how low on the totem poll, deserve horrible deaths.

How many tours of duty have you served in Iraq?

But I should add that you would courageously walk through your "ghetto" to a strip club and boldly slip a dollar into a g-string to honor their sacrifice and show your solidarity.

Roll Eyes
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 09:24:04 PM »

Uh, the PM is a former member who's been convicted in abstentia by a Serbian court for war crimes.

Underlined and bolded the operative word there.  I'm sure that, had they been left in tact, Nazi and Japanese courts would have convicted us of war crimes, oh well.

Which only further expresses what we already know, which is that the only thing you hate worse than a Catholic is a Muslim.

You mean how many would I have served if I could have?  I'm boarder line medically unfit to serve, because of my bad knees and back, inner-ear imbalances, eyesight and minor anemia (unless I supply myself with vitamin supplements, my physical state and stamina starts to deteriorate).  In short, I can't be in the navy.  I can't serve in the airborne (my first choice).  I can't fly a jet.  Under normal circumstances the best I could hope to do is man a desk here at home and free up someone else to go to the front.  If the military were in dire need, they would take me, and should said situation arise, I would be first in line at the recruiting office, but I'm not good for much now.

That's leaving out the fact that I don't get on the forum all the time and pretend like I am some great crusader for causes who is getting ready to pick up a rifle and join in.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 10:21:58 PM »

Underlined and bolded the operative word there.  I'm sure that, had they been left in tact, Nazi and Japanese courts would have convicted us of war crimes, oh well.

And in some cases they would be correct, see Dresden, of course Allied war crimes paled greatly in comparison to Axis but that's beside the point. The idea that there are NO Kosovar war criminals and thus any Serbian conviction of them is invalid is beyond asinine. Also note that modern-day Serbia is about as comparable to Milosevic's Serbia as modern-day Germany is to the Nazi regime.

Anyway, that the PM of Kosovo was a prominent KLA member is something absolutely no one denies.

Which only further expresses what we already know, which is that the only thing you hate worse than a Catholic is a Muslim.

When's the last time I ever attacked Spain? Or gone on a conservative-esque anti-France rant?

You mean how many would I have served if I could have?  I'm boarder line medically unfit to serve, because of my bad knees and back, inner-ear imbalances, eyesight and minor anemia (unless I supply myself with vitamin supplements, my physical state and stamina starts to deteriorate).  In short, I can't be in the navy.  I can't serve in the airborne (my first choice).  I can't fly a jet.  Under normal circumstances the best I could hope to do is man a desk here at home and free up someone else to go to the front.  If the military were in dire need, they would take me, and should said situation arise, I would be first in line at the recruiting office, but I'm not good for much now.

That's leaving out the fact that I don't get on the forum all the time and pretend like I am some great crusader for causes who is getting ready to pick up a rifle and join in.

Excuses, excuses, my only point being it's pretty ridiculous to be demanding someone to fly over to fight in such wars but you can support them otherwise. Is any American who didn't fight the Serbians a hypocrite if they condemn them now and love Kosovo and propose "bombing them into the Stone Age"? That sort of sounds like giving a horrible death to everyone even at the bottom of the totem pole...oh wait.

Anyway thanks for tacitly acknowledging the point about Georgia, Chechnya and Russia.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 11:02:41 PM »

And in some cases they would be correct, see Dresden, of course Allied war crimes paled greatly in comparison to Axis but that's beside the point. The idea that there are NO Kosovar war criminals and thus any Serbian conviction of them is invalid is beyond asinine. Also note that modern-day Serbia is about as comparable to Milosevic's Serbia as modern-day Germany is to the Nazi regime.

Anyway, that the PM of Kosovo was a prominent KLA member is something absolutely no one denies.

Irrelevant on Dresden.  You understood my point just fine.  The Serbians can slap the label of "war criminal" on anyone they like.  It doesn't change the fact that the reason they were done onto was because they were doing.  All wars are crimes, but I'm not as sympathetic to an instigator or oppressor than I am those instigated and oppressed against.  You are, for some reason.

Nice attempt at a turn around.  Obviously not even close to the same issue.  The last time religion was a major issue in France prior to fairly recently, was 400 years ago.  Bring up a religiously loaded issue, however, and watch the hate flow through you.

That was something I said once, as a bit of hyperbole, attracted to the point that it seems to me, and most people who studied the issue, that the Serbs do seem to cause alot of wars and then they are the first in line to bitch about the consequences.

You have made similar statements time and time and time again.  To site some examples, you wanted to punish the girls on the Chinese gymnastics team for something they probably have no knowledge of.  You stated that you thought it was morally acceptable to kill police officers who enforce (note you didn't even bother to qualify that with something like "truly support") apartheid, nevermind that any individual police officer might be going through moral Hell over it, no, forget that, kill em all.  And those are just examples plucked from the past week.

See, the problem is, you don't see individuals, BRTD.  You don't see their stories.  You see something you don't like, and then you tar everything you can with that brush.  You have some kinda stunted moral development, because that is literally how a five year old thinks, and you might snap out of it from time to time to elaborate your feelings, but it almost seems like the older you have gotten, the less likely you are to see the world in any realistic way.  You have the "moral clarity" of the guy in the Oval Office right now, as much as you despise him.

Which then, in turn explains how you latched onto such a totalitarian ideology, which was the basis for the point that I was getting at earlier, which is your "lazy revolutionary" kinda attitude.  You are always preaching about how eager you are to fight and how badass and hardcore you are, but either self-absorption, of lack of will power means that you only talk about it.

You must be at least kinda different in real life or else I am unable to understand how anyone can stand to be around you.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 11:06:04 PM »

And you know, I have some respect for a genuine revolutionary, but I have none for a coffee-house commissar such as yourself, because you don't want to "make things better" you just wanna stew in your own hate and hope that people notice how much you can't stand things.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 01:11:57 AM »

Irrelevant on Dresden.  You understood my point just fine.  The Serbians can slap the label of "war criminal" on anyone they like.  It doesn't change the fact that the reason they were done onto was because they were doing.  All wars are crimes, but I'm not as sympathetic to an instigator or oppressor than I am those instigated and oppressed against.  You are, for some reason.

And that also doesn't change the fact the PM of Kosovo is someone connected to the group in question. So yes, "this trash" is running Kosovo. Meanwhile the President of Serbia is not someone connected to Serb war criminals for the record.

As for the last sentence, see my signature.

Nice attempt at a turn around.  Obviously not even close to the same issue.  The last time religion was a major issue in France prior to fairly recently, was 400 years ago.  Bring up a religiously loaded issue, however, and watch the hate flow through you.

I don't like the Pope or Catholic church's policies. Same thing with Scientology. Big deal.

That was something I said once, as a bit of hyperbole, attracted to the point that it seems to me, and most people who studied the issue, that the Serbs do seem to cause alot of wars and then they are the first in line to bitch about the consequences.

Let's see, Ottomans invade Serbia, they fight back, good. Serbs kill an imperialist oppressor, good (even though the rest of the world reacted in a horrible way, but that's not their fault.) Serbs fight Nazis while most of the Croats and Muslims side with them, good. Serbs fight to protect their people in Croatia from Croat war criminals and ethnic cleansers who don't earn 1/100 of your ire, good. The only place where what you say really applies is Bosnia.

You have made similar statements time and time and time again.  To site some examples, you wanted to punish the girls on the Chinese gymnastics team for something they probably have no knowledge of.

It's more "punishing China".

You stated that you thought it was morally acceptable to kill police officers who enforce (note you didn't even bother to qualify that with something like "truly support") apartheid, nevermind that any individual police officer might be going through moral Hell over it, no, forget that, kill em all.

Replace "police officer in apartheid South Africa" with "SS officer". What's the difference?

And besides, killing cops in South Africa was often just self defense since they were slaughtering blacks (See Soweto and Sharpeville.) Who's to blame the blacks for shooting back?

See, the problem is, you don't see individuals, BRTD.  You don't see their stories.  You see something you don't like, and then you tar everything you can with that brush.

That kind of sounds like the forum conservatives' beloved dazzleman.

You have some kinda stunted moral development, because that is literally how a five year old thinks, and you might snap out of it from time to time to elaborate your feelings, but it almost seems like the older you have gotten, the less likely you are to see the world in any realistic way.  You have the "moral clarity" of the guy in the Oval Office right now, as much as you despise him.

And someone who says the Serbs should be bombed into the stone age is...? I could also say the same thing about any anti-communist.

Which then, in turn explains how you latched onto such a totalitarian ideology, which was the basis for the point that I was getting at earlier, which is your "lazy revolutionary" kinda attitude.  You are always preaching about how eager you are to fight and how badass and hardcore you are, but either self-absorption, of lack of will power means that you only talk about it.

You must be at least kinda different in real life or else I am unable to understand how anyone can stand to be around you.

Please point me to any post where I said I wanted to go somewhere to fight someone.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 12:32:31 PM »

Anyone have proof the Kosovo PM was not in this group?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies