Lt. Governorship (Run for Reform) - Southeast
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:04:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lt. Governorship (Run for Reform) - Southeast
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lt. Governorship (Run for Reform) - Southeast  (Read 796 times)
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2008, 02:07:32 PM »

-The continual different naming of the Southeast to get more people interested in it is a stupid one, how is the "Dirty South" better than the Southeast and to me it sounds like a hookers name, "Dirty South"? If we want to at least link it to the South, how about Dixie?

-We have to begin the modernization of the Southeast from it's backwards Conservative controlled region and first lets get rid of the part of the Constitution that says that words like "Y'all" and other hick words can be used by the officials that govern this region. A constitution reform doesn't have to be with scraping the whole Southeast Constitution but just change the parts that are terrible.

-How can the officials try and pass laws that say that teaching Evolution in school is against the law and that people don't hasten global warming, my god Jefferson and Washington are all spinning in their graves right now because of this blatant disregard of freedom of speech and basic facts and knowledge that is know to us, this only continues to push the stereotype that all Southeasterners are Hicks and close minded.

-If we give someone that seems different and at least more exciting from all the other wooden politicans, then we could see some voter interest in the Southeast's Elections and get away from the usual Quasi - Fascist government that rules over this region with an Iron Fist and we can all can stop this regime. I call on all who seek the hope of a modern and strengthened Southeast for the better of all people of this region, as Thomas Jefferson said -

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Let us have a Democratic Revolution in the Southeast in hopes to overthrow the shackles of oppression and honor these unalienable rights for all people.

-I am a Unionist and support the Atlasian government and I hope for a continual united nation, that I will be loyal to the great nation of Atlasia and even with the short term as President of the Provisional President of Columbia may be used against me possibly in this campaign I will say this that the southern secessionists had first raised the issue of secession, but I have fully came back to the Southeast to act as a counterbalance to the Regional Protection Party and I will try to lead a fair campaign and I hope that my opponent South Park Conservative will do the same.

-I will say that if elected to the Lt. Governorship that I will work with other parties that dot the Southeast Region, including the Regional Protection Party if needed. I wish to show that I can reach beyond party lines and help and mediate both sides on an issue, vote for me for Lt. Governor, support me you'll have Union, support me you'll have Reform.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 06:10:52 PM »

I'll admit I support SPC so I may be a tad bias Tongue, but:

-The continual different naming of the Southeast to get more people interested in it is a stupid one, how is the "Dirty South" better than the Southeast and to me it sounds like a hookers name, "Dirty South"? If we want to at least link it to the South, how about Dixie?
The name wasn't meant to get people more interested as much as it was to show that we are turning the corner.  The Southeast had become the laughing stock and a beacon of inactivity, a new change was something that would signify change.  Duke coined the phrase, and many of us rolled with it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
If you are looking for a liberal, progressive region try the Pacific, they would enjoy your company.  The Southeast has always been the most conservative of Atlasia, and that has only been solidified in the past few weeks.

No one passed that law, and I havent' seen anyone support it.  It was just to throw something out there to draw people to the polls.  Plenty of things are placed on ballots that everyone knows will fail.  The only close-minded things is to not teach all sides of the issue, teaching evolution is the only possible explanation for life and that humans are responsible for global warming without the other side is the only thing that's a disregard of freedom of speech or basic human rights.

What exactly has Duke done that is undemocratic?  He has never taken action without a vote, when he disagree with Dibble's ruling, he obeyed it and didn't appoint a new magistrate, which would have been under the parameters of his job description.
You are the only one that left, remember that

The RPP does not have the strangehold on the region you suggest it does, the senator hails from the NLC.  The governor and Lt. Gov. were elected by razor thin 1 vote margins.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »

I'll admit I support SPC so I may be a tad bias Tongue, but:

The name wasn't meant to get people more interested as much as it was to show that we are turning the corner.  The Southeast had become the laughing stock and a beacon of inactivity, a new change was something that would signify change.  Duke coined the phrase, and many of us rolled with it.

If you are looking for a liberal, progressive region try the Pacific, they would enjoy your company.  The Southeast has always been the most conservative of Atlasia, and that has only been solidified in the past few weeks.

No one passed that law, and I havent' seen anyone support it.  It was just to throw something out there to draw people to the polls.  Plenty of things are placed on ballots that everyone knows will fail.  The only close-minded things is to not teach all sides of the issue, teaching evolution is the only possible explanation for life and that humans are responsible for global warming without the other side is the only thing that's a disregard of freedom of speech or basic human rights.

What exactly has Duke done that is undemocratic?  He has never taken action without a vote, when he disagree with Dibble's ruling, he obeyed it and didn't appoint a new magistrate, which would have been under the parameters of his job description.
You are the only one that left, remember that

The RPP does not have the strangehold on the region you suggest it does, the senator hails from the NLC.  The governor and Lt. Gov. were elected by razor thin 1 vote margins.
I thank you for your input and for starts Hashemite left to, if I came off that the RPP had "a stranglehold" on the region I am sorry but I didn't mean for that and I only wished to show that I would work with everbody of all parties and the reason I put in the RPP that I can see that it is a rising party and has a good chance of winning in the Southeast, if elected I would have to work with the RPP. And for "Dirty South" name it just does sound a tab bit weird to me but it's your right to call the region what you want, freedom of speech.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 06:30:11 PM »

Side note, the intiative that is up for a vote would offer the Dirty South as an alternative to Southeast, the term Southeast would remain alright for official business
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 06:30:59 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2008, 06:50:09 PM by Andy Jackson »

Side note, the intiative that is up for a vote would offer the Dirty South as an alternative to Southeast, the term Southeast would remain alright for official business
That does seem the best idea for the Southeast name problem or the "Dirty South".
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 06:41:56 PM »

Is Aula Abdul running for Governor?

lolololol
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 12:17:20 PM »

After some consideration and thought, I have talked with Judge Happy Warrior a candidate for Senate that I will officially endorse him for his run at the Senate seat.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 05:44:29 PM »

I must say that the election in the Southeast is going on and I say that any Unionists make a decision to support your ideals and when you go to vote make it Cookies N Milk for Governor and Andy Jackson for Lt. Governor! These are short and sweet words but like any candidate, we need as many votes as possible.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 10:37:26 PM »

I take offense to you slandering my administration. Nothing we have done have been in any way "fascist" or "undemocratic." It pains me to see you stoop to name calling and slander in order to pick up votes. Please show the people what this administration did that was undemocratic so they can have a solid reason to vote for you.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 11:36:53 PM »

I take offense to you slandering my administration. Nothing we have done have been in any way "fascist" or "undemocratic." It pains me to see you stoop to name calling and slander in order to pick up votes. Please show the people what this administration did that was undemocratic so they can have a solid reason to vote for you.

Name Calling? have I said any cuss words or babyish things like "Dummy", "Idiot" or many others? I remember I haven't and maybe trying to secede from Atlasia and jeopardizing the region with War that would ravage it, death and countless others as the Atlasian Constitution and many leaders including the President is against Secession.

Also, the things about Democratic Revolution is about my more Liberal views and me hopefully coming into the Lt. Governorship into a Conservative Region and saying that I would proudly work with Conservatives, Liberals, Centrists, etc. I don't see eye to eye on everything but I hope that if I am elected to the Lt. Governorship and that you are elected to the Governorship that we can hopefully deal with the issues with fairness(AKA I don't mean anything opposite, I mean that I hope to if elected to work with you fairly and since I'm putting this because my words are seen as something different, okay?)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 08:41:56 AM »

Just a side note, please no one vote for Cookies and Milk.  The issue isn't even political, they haven't signed on in a really long and only had a brief appearance to announce a run.  We don't need KoTBP all over again
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 05:08:58 PM »

Just a side note, please no one vote for Cookies and Milk.  The issue isn't even political, they haven't signed on in a really long and only had a brief appearance to announce a run.  We don't need KoTBP all over again
Damn, didn't know that, well I guess count my vote as unbinding then and thanks for telling me.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 06:28:02 PM »

He actually came back to vote for himself. However, having a guy who shows up once a few weeks isn't what the dirty south needs in these times.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies