% chance mccain wins ohio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:57:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  % chance mccain wins ohio
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ......
less than 10%

10-30%

30-50%

50-70%

70%+

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: % chance mccain wins ohio  (Read 6349 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 06:40:59 PM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 06:53:23 PM »

You really think that low? Obama faces big hurdles in southeastern.

I'd say 50-55%.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 08:16:46 PM »

I have no idea really. When McCain pulls even nationally, I would like your numbers better.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 08:25:24 PM »

I think Obama will overperform in the western parts of the state that are contiguous with Indiana. Also I am hoping he does well in the cincy and columbus suburbs. He will definitely get owned in the southeast and will probably slightly underperform Kerry in the northeast. Still Mccain has about a 40-45% chance of winning the state.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 08:32:15 PM »

I think Obama will overperform in the western parts of the state that are contiguous with Indiana. Also I am hoping he does well in the cincy and columbus suburbs. He will definitely get owned in the southeast and will probably slightly underperform Kerry in the northeast. Still Mccain has about a 40-45% chance of winning the state.

The voting patterns in Ohio contiguous to Indiana are very stable, is my recollection, just like in next door Ft. Wayne, the patterns are more volatile (no doubt due to how active JS gets or something Smiley). Heck in a special CD election in Northwest Ohio about a year ago, the Pubbie trounced the Dem based on the normal partisan divide, the only time that has happened over the past two years.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »

The voting patterns in Ohio contiguous to Indiana are very stable, is my recollection, just like in next door Ft. Wayne, the patterns are more volatile (no doubt due to how active JS gets or something Smiley). Heck in a special CD election in Northwest Ohio about a year ago, the Pubbie trounced the Dem based on the normal partisan divide, the only time that has happened over the past two years.

So then what part of Indiana is Obama getting his huge bounce from? The Indianapolis burbs no doubt but Ft.wayne and sorrounding areas also must be moving democratic. Bush got more than 70% of the vote in some of those counties near Indiana. I don't think that will occur again but still most of Obama's gains will have to come from Cincinnati and Columbus.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 09:05:30 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2008, 09:37:42 PM by Torie »

Obama is getting a bounce from northeast Indiana, but something happens at that border. Northwest Northeast Indiana has always been more volatile than Western Ohio, since rocks cooled actually.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 09:16:55 PM »

Obama is getting a bounce from Northeast Indiana, but something happens at that border. Northwest Indiana has always been more volatile than Western Ohio, since rocks cooled actually.

Ya, I noted that earlier, but it seems to be rather obvious.  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 09:25:43 PM »

Obama is getting a bounce from Northeast Indiana, but something happens at that border. Northwest Indiana has always been more volatile than Western Ohio, since rocks cooled actually.

I meant northeast Indiana obviously (as I assume you assumed). Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 09:27:48 PM »

Obama is getting a bounce from Northeast Indiana, but something happens at that border. Northeast Indiana has always been more volatile than Western Ohio, since rocks cooled actually.

interesting.....Mccain definitely has a good chance of picking up Ohio imo. It all depends on what the hillbillies want to do.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 09:32:23 PM »

I'd say 50/50, but I voted above 50% because it wasn't an option.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 09:35:30 PM »

I meant northeast Indiana obviously (as I assume you assumed). Smiley

I didn't even read the second sentence before I replied, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.  Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 09:47:19 PM »

Between 40-48%.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies