Colleges banning fraternities and sororities
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:54:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Colleges banning fraternities and sororities
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Do you support this?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I/third party)

No (I/third party)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Colleges banning fraternities and sororities  (Read 8811 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 11:47:50 PM »

According to Duke, frat boys think rape is funny. And based on experience I wouldn't be surprised since every single person I've ever met who was in a frat was a dick. That's my whole point. Frat boys are just asshole rapists.

I Purple heart your generalizations!

Duke is the one who made them, with his claim that the only reason we don't find joking about rape funny is we aren't in frats.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2008, 11:58:41 PM »

According to Duke, frat boys think rape is funny. And based on experience I wouldn't be surprised since every single person I've ever met who was in a frat was a dick. That's my whole point. Frat boys are just asshole rapists.

I Purple heart your generalizations!

Duke is the one who made them, with his claim that the only reason we don't find joking about rape funny is we aren't in frats.

Must be particular to southern frats because I assure you frats here in california do not joke about rape. And I have been around pretty drunk ass frat boys. Perhaps Duke is just trying to justify it.... sexual predator.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 01:25:02 AM »

We shouldn't ban them unless a frat does an horrible thing (rape, murder and things like that or encouraging these things) and we should only ban that frat, not the others who aren't doing bad things.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 01:33:10 AM »

My college has no frats and I see it as a good thing.

Personally I dont think Universities should have anything to do with frats. If they want to they can have their own system outside of the school.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 01:38:43 AM »

Sure, I'd have no problem if the Uni's stopped supporting the frats.  But banning them would be idiotic.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 01:55:14 AM »

You're just a really big loser.

Truer words have never been spoken.

In all this time I have tried to put it into words I have not done so well.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 04:10:35 AM »

I like how Republicans & independents overwhelmingly support them staying open while 40% of Democrats want them banned. Democrats: so permissive that they oppose parties & alcohol. Wink
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 11:59:43 AM »

Sure, I'd have no problem if the Uni's stopped supporting the frats.  But banning them would be idiotic.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 12:08:55 PM »

I like how Republicans & independents overwhelmingly support them staying open while 40% of Democrats want them banned. Democrats: so permissive that they oppose parties & alcohol. Wink

You think I oppose parties and alcohol? Ha! I just hate frat parties. I never went to them in college, just normal keg parties. I remember one of my female co-workers saying she'd never ever go to a frat party under any circumstances since that's basically just asking to have a roofie put in your drink. Smart girl.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 12:47:25 PM »

You think I oppose parties and alcohol? Ha! I just hate frat parties. I never went to them in college, just normal keg parties. I remember one of my female co-workers saying she'd never ever go to a frat party under any circumstances since that's basically just asking to have a roofie put in your drink. Smart girl.

Absolutely - there are fun parties and there are parties made up off horrible people.  Honestly the only thing that would happen to a cool male student at a frat party is he'd get beaten up, and of course we all know what would happen to female visitors.

I wonder if any of you have seen a Swedish film called 'Evil'?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 01:14:52 PM »

I'm not exaggerating when I'm saying I have never in my life met a single frat boy who wasn't an asshole. Not a single one.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 01:23:32 PM »

I'm not exaggerating when I'm saying I have never in my life met a single frat boy who wasn't an asshole. Not a single one.

And I've met plenty who weren't - in fact the vast majority I met weren't.

So let me put forth a hypothesis. Perhaps you're an asshole, and you just thought they were because they treated you like you were some sort of asshole.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 02:17:16 PM »

Notice which authoritarian party has the most "yes" votes?  Freedom loving Dem's must be so proud!

I love your frequent generalizations.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 02:18:40 PM »

I don't like fraternities and I don't think colleges should subsidize them, but I also don't support banning things that I don't like.

I also have this nasty habit of choosing the (D) options.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 06:41:18 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2008, 06:45:30 PM by J. J. »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was never a member of a Greek fraternity,  but I don't favor banning them.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 08:07:17 PM »

I find it funny that Democrats, who are all about freedom, want to ban an organization because they don't like them.

If you don't want to join one, don't. No one is forcing you to go to their parties or anything else. And if you were too socially awkward to join one, then that's your problem. I find it might be the latter in BRTD's case.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 08:28:26 PM »

I find it funny that Democrats, who are all about freedom, want to ban an organization because they don't like them.

Considering a good majority of democrats voted no...your statement is ridiculous.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 08:29:15 PM »

Absolutely not (R)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 08:35:09 PM »

Considering a good majority of democrats voted no...your statement is ridiculous.

30% of them voted yes vs. 8% of Republicans, so my statement isn't that ridiculous.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 11:07:49 PM »

So let me put forth a hypothesis. Perhaps you're an asshole, and you just thought they were because they treated you like you were some sort of asshole.

So then why did I get along fine with most people not in frats?

Wow, you're so mature! No wonder you use playground insults.

I love how you are praising:

1-A cheap ad hominem attack.
2-A post that has been DELETED. Clearly for a reason.

If you don't want to join one, don't. No one is forcing you to go to their parties or anything else. And if you were too socially awkward to join one, then that's your problem. I find it might be the latter in BRTD's case.

No, it's because I didn't see the point in paying people to be my friends and go to parties I could go to by not being in a frat, and furthermore I would never join a group of assholes who think rape is funny, which is what frats are by your own claim.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2008, 11:31:02 PM »

Notice which authoritarian party has the most "yes" votes?  Freedom loving Dem's must be so proud!

Right!  I'm the one with all the broad brushes!
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 08:01:14 AM »

I dunno, maybe you tended to hang out with other assholes.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2008, 08:17:06 PM »

Wow, you're so mature! No wonder you use playground insults.

I love how you are praising:

1-A cheap ad hominem attack.
2-A post that has been DELETED. Clearly for a reason.

No, it's because I didn't see the point in paying people to be my friends and go to parties I could go to by not being in a frat, and furthermore I would never join a group of assholes who think rape is funny, which is what frats are by your own claim.

Well, at least I don't have the moral, psychological, intellectual and ethical development of a 6 year old.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2008, 11:32:21 PM »

No, I don't favor banning one. I seriously doubt I'll be in one, (10-20% chance) and there's no need to ban them.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2008, 06:48:02 PM »

Right!  I'm the one with all the broad brushes!

You certainly are.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies