Atlasian foreign policy regarding the Bonapartist Republic of Puerto Rico
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:05:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian foreign policy regarding the Bonapartist Republic of Puerto Rico
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Atlasian foreign policy regarding the Bonapartist Republic of Puerto Rico  (Read 2426 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2008, 09:19:41 PM »

Hashemite, formerly a citizen of the region called the Dirty South, which I shall henceforth refer to as the Region Formerly Known as the Southeast (or RFKS), has declared himself Emperor of Puerto Rico, seceding from the RFKS, and, by extension, Atlasia.  He claims that he has done so in response to the RFKS' desire to secede from Atlasia, and wants strong ties to Atlasia.  Puerto Rico is to be run on Bonapartist lines.

I have several questions for "Emperor" Hashemite, and afterwards several questions to my fellow Atlasians.

1.   Hashemite, why did you not have Puerto Rico rejoin Atlasia after its departure from the RFKS?
2.  If the RFKS rejects its secession referendum, will Puerto Rico rejoin it, and by extension, Atlasia?

1.  My fellow Atlasians, are we going to accept the loss of Puerto Rico to this "Emperor?"
2.  If the RFKS does secede from Atlasia, can we have a strategic alliance with Puerto Rico against our rebel provinces?  Perhaps place the Atlasian Navy (we do have a Navy, right?) in Puerto Rican harbors?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 09:34:12 PM »

Hashemite has declared himself Emperor of Puerto Rico

lol

Just like old times!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 09:39:52 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2008, 09:44:40 PM by ޒަހަރު) زَهَـرْ) »

¡Viva el Imperio y el Imperiestro!

El Imperio ofrecerá sus puertos para la usa por la marina altaseña. El Imperiestro es más generoso que los jefes del "Sur Sucio", correctamente sabido como el Sureste.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 09:43:48 PM »

I strongly support his coup in the face of the Dirty South secessionists. I also support Andy Jackson in his formation of the Provisional Republic of Columbia.

I propose that we all propose legislation in our various regions to recognize the independence of these two regions, & pledge soldiers to defend them against the armies of the Dirty South. WHO'S WITH ME!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 10:11:13 PM »

Why would they need defense forces?  The Dirty South is perfectly willing to let them go and has no intentions of using force at all.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 10:30:40 PM »

Why would they need defense forces?  The Dirty South is perfectly willing to let them go and has no intentions of using force at all.

That's what you say now. However, what if the Dirty South secedes? What if the rest of the nation takes action & their nations ally with Atlasia? What do you do then?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 10:32:59 PM »

That's what you say now. However, what if the Dirty South secedes? What if the rest of the nation takes action & their nations ally with Atlasia? What do you do then?
Stay neutral and hide behind our computer screens
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 10:52:01 PM »

As a coffee and tea merchant, I hope that the Atlasian Security Service will secure the harbour.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 11:03:08 PM »

As a coffee and tea merchant, I hope that the Atlasian Security Service will secure the harbour.

You realize that SPC was the guy who proposed secession, right? This means that if war breaks out, the Atlasian Army may have to face off against ASS guards.

Unless of course, you're talking about harbours in the Southeast, in which case he'll probably raid any cargo you try to ship there. Don't worry, though. The Pacific Region will always welcome your beverages. Cheesy
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 12:09:39 AM »

I'm worried about a Puerto Rican tea party...
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 12:34:01 AM »

Unless Atlasia is willing to violate their own constitution, there will be no war between the Dirty South and Atlasia. The Dirty South is perfectly willing to remain on good relations with Atlasia, even willing to send delegates to the Atlasian Senate. We have also recognized the independence of Puerto Rico and Columbia, since we are not hypocrits. If there is a war, Atlasia will be the one instigating it, and violating their constitution. Thus, ASS troops will be defending the Dirty South is Atlasia decides to violate their constitution and invade the peaceful Dirty South.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 01:50:22 AM »

Unless Atlasia is willing to violate their own constitution, there will be no war between the Dirty South and Atlasia. The Dirty South is perfectly willing to remain on good relations with Atlasia, even willing to send delegates to the Atlasian Senate. We have also recognized the independence of Puerto Rico and Columbia, since we are not hypocrits. If there is a war, Atlasia will be the one instigating it, and violating their constitution. Thus, ASS troops will be defending the Dirty South is Atlasia decides to violate their constitution and invade the peaceful Dirty South.

Don't worry. Our crack team of lawyers is working around the clock to cook up a constitutional basis for any war that may result. Wink
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 08:05:45 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2008, 08:07:50 AM by Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte for Senate! »

1.   Hashemite, why did you not have Puerto Rico rejoin Atlasia after its departure from the RFKS?

And to be a part of which region? In addition, Puerto Rico still recognizes the authority of the Atlasian federal government and no local legislature will be formed, as Puerto Rico recognizes the Senate as its legislative authority and will apply and follow all legislation passed by the said body.

2.  If the RFKS rejects its secession referendum, will Puerto Rico rejoin it, and by extension, Atlasia?

Puerto Rico aims to be a strong ally of Atlasia, and will be pleased to re-join Atlasia if Puerto Rico is placed in another region with a working and competent government. In addition, Puerto Rico would be pleased to rejoin the Southeast if the referendum fails and that the Southeastern government agrees to hold no other secession vote.

2.  If the RFKS does secede from Atlasia, can we have a strategic alliance with Puerto Rico against our rebel provinces?  Perhaps place the Atlasian Navy (we do have a Navy, right?) in Puerto Rican harbors?

Puerto Rico would welcome any alliance with Atlasia, and would happily welcome Atlasian troops.

Puerto Rico has no desire for conflict with any region whatsoever.

The Republic will not disturb commerce at all and Puerto Rican authorities will assure the safety of your ships.

I'm worried about a Puerto Rican tea party...

We are not leftie revolutionaries.

Stop inventing stuff. Puerto Rico has no sovereign army at all, because we have no desire for conflict. We continue to stand by the Atlasian federal government.

In addition, I abdicate the throne in order to recognize the executive authority of President William F. Moderate over Puerto Rico.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 08:30:25 AM »

Finally, let me clarify my motives. I staged a coup d'etat in Puerto Rico to install a government loyal to the federal government of Atlasia, until Puerto Rico can rejoin Atlasia, preferably in a region that accepts the federal government's full authority. We have no desire for prolonged independence and no desire at all for breaking all ties with Atlasia.

Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 10:47:04 AM »

Well this is deja-vu, not only has the South attempted to seceed before but True Democrat moved to Puerto Rico and declared himself Emperor about two years ago in an attempt to try to make things interesting.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 11:07:49 AM »

Hashemite, formerly a citizen of the region called the Dirty South, which I shall henceforth refer to as the Region Formerly Known as the Southeast (or RFKS), has declared himself Emperor of Puerto Rico, seceding from the RFKS, and, by extension, Atlasia.  He claims that he has done so in response to the RFKS' desire to secede from Atlasia, and wants strong ties to Atlasia.  Puerto Rico is to be run on Bonapartist lines.

I have several questions for "Emperor" Hashemite, and afterwards several questions to my fellow Atlasians.

1.  My fellow Atlasians, are we going to accept the loss of Puerto Rico to this "Emperor?"

The White House refuses to recognize secession movements, including this illegitimate one.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 01:24:33 PM »

The White House refuses to recognize secession movements, including this illegitimate one.

I'm deceived by your reaction. Did you even read my answers at all?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 03:57:18 PM »

Puerto Rican Independence

Brings back some good (and by good I mean bad) memories.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »

Well this is deja-vu, not only has the South attempted to seceed before but True Democrat moved to Puerto Rico and declared himself Emperor about two years ago in an attempt to try to make things interesting.

I was not Emperor.  I simply seceded, but I think I made it into a republic.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 04:01:16 PM »

Why did the secession fail?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 04:21:53 PM »

Nobody cared so it all ended from lack of anything interesting happening because of it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 04:24:44 PM »

Nobody cared so it all ended from lack of anything interesting happening because of it.

Well that's probably less likely to happen here. Cheesy
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 04:54:33 PM »

Well, to be honest, I had no idea about the old Southern secession movement and neither did SPC or Duke to my knowledge
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2008, 04:59:44 PM »

However, the Dirty South has already recognized their secession. As I've already demonstrated in the convention thread, secession is constitutional. Whether or not the White House approves of Puerto Rico's secession will soon not be our problem.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »

As I've already demonstrated in the convention thread, secession is constitutional.

No, it isn't. Texas v. White proved that much.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies