The Videos Obama Should Run In Response to McCain's Attacks Ads?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:36:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  The Videos Obama Should Run In Response to McCain's Attacks Ads?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Videos Obama Should Run In Response to McCain's Attacks Ads?  (Read 2770 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2008, 02:42:14 AM »
« edited: August 02, 2008, 02:45:40 AM by Politico »

What videos do you think Obama should run on TV in response to McCain's attack ads? What about this golden nugget:

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=3U5KZzgaB2k&rel=1&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//i.ytimg.com/vi/3U5KZzgaB2k/default.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskK8WVbfHdYXl22EU5Kb1iKx&fs=1&hl=en
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 02:56:25 AM »

I would show an ad telling the sad tale of his first wife. Remind the American people that he has absolutely no "family values" (not something I care about of course, but it's clearly a buzzword the American public likes). Ask if a man who couldn't even care about his crippled wife can even care about the American people. The obvious truth is that he doesn't give a damn--he cares about McCain and McCain only. A truly despicable human being.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 06:59:40 PM »

Obama should just show how low McCain can go.  Repeat his "tired of the same ol' Washington players" kinda deal.  I'm pretty sure it will make more people pay attention to what Obama has to say whether they agree with him or not.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 07:06:42 PM »

I would show an ad telling the sad tale of his first wife. Remind the American people that he has absolutely no "family values" (not something I care about of course, but it's clearly a buzzword the American public likes). Ask if a man who couldn't even care about his crippled wife can even care about the American people. The obvious truth is that he doesn't give a damn--he cares about McCain and McCain only. A truly despicable human being.

Good Lord.  Do you really think that implying Obama is nothing more than a vapid celebrity equates with a personal attack like this?  But then again I must remember, in Obama world, questioning the Messiah warrants the death penalty.  Listen, maybe you can't tell the difference, but the average American voter knows the difference between comparing policy positions and a personal attack.

Seriously, though.  You don't want to go down that route.  Especially given the circumstances of the divorce, and the fact that John McCain's ex-wife "loves him to death" and has campaigned for him enthusiastically.  She could appear in an ad, refute it, and decry Obama's false political attacks.  Bam.  Obama campaign over.

Corzine's hapless opponent in 2005 (can't remember his name) tried something like this.  Corzine's ex-wife actually appeared in the ad.  "He let his family down, and he'll let New Jersey down."  Voter backlash enabled Corzine to win in a walk.

But if you want to try this, go ahead.  I would imagine that being shut out for eight years has made you bunch more cautious, but I guess not.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 07:12:36 PM »

Its not much of a "shut out" (2006 midterm elections) but I do agree with you and feel it would be bad for Obama to lower himself. 
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 08:44:37 PM »

The video isn't working anymore Sad
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 04:35:02 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U5KZzgaB2k
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 04:23:53 PM »

I mean, if McCain wins and turns out to be another Bush, I give the United States another 30 years....tops...the only question in my mind will be whether the United States is destroyed in a bang or whimper...
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 11:26:51 AM »

This is the first one. It's slamming Big Oil and showing McCain and Bush together.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/08/new-obama-ad-mc.html
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies