NC: Research 2000 (for Daily Kos): Dole maintains healthy lead on Hagan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:08:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC: Research 2000 (for Daily Kos): Dole maintains healthy lead on Hagan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NC: Research 2000 (for Daily Kos): Dole maintains healthy lead on Hagan  (Read 4428 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 06:20:22 AM »

Well in the past 18 years no cadidate has been named Kay either.

Guess what that proves.
So Can I hold it to you that you think Dole will get above 55%?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2008, 07:37:30 AM »

Who else is there in NC to run for Senate? Richard Moore? He was a joke? The only person that could beat Hagan in the primaries is Gov. Easley and he might run for Senate and win.
The better question is if there's anyway worse than Kay Hagan

How is Hagan bad?
Considering she down almost double digits and will most likely lose by that much in this atmosphere, obviously a lot.
Can I put you on record saying that Hagan will lose by double-digits?
Surely Smiley

You want to go on record...I can't say this with a straight face...that that dude facing Gordon Smith is going to win
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2008, 07:47:18 AM »

Who else is there in NC to run for Senate? Richard Moore? He was a joke? The only person that could beat Hagan in the primaries is Gov. Easley and he might run for Senate and win.
The better question is if there's anyway worse than Kay Hagan

How is Hagan bad?
Considering she down almost double digits and will most likely lose by that much in this atmosphere, obviously a lot.
Can I put you on record saying that Hagan will lose by double-digits?
Surely Smiley

You want to go on record...I can't say this with a straight face...that that dude facing Gordon Smith is going to win

If Dole wins by more then 10% I will never post on josh4bush again.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2008, 10:54:23 AM »

This reminds me of Harry's insistence Barbour couldn't break 55% or whatever.

To be fair Jesse Helms never got over 55% either. I think Josh is probably right on this. Even Bush failed to break 55-56%.

Dole in a much better year against a much weaker candidate only got 53% in 2002.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2008, 03:32:37 PM »

Helms was also the most controversial Senator in the country.  Dole was not last time I checked.  As for Bowles, I am not sure how he was "much weaker" than Hagan.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2008, 04:54:25 PM »

To be fair Jesse Helms never got over 55% either. I think Josh is probably right on this. Even Bush failed to break 55-56%.

Dole in a much better year against a much weaker candidate only got 53% in 2002.

Jesse Helms was so polarizing that it was impossible for him to get over 55% of the vote. His ceiling was 53% and his floor was probably 48%. Kay Hagan is not winning this election, period, unless Dole has some scandal come out. While she isn't the greatest senator in the world, she hasn't done anything to warrant her being voted out of office. She'll get around 54% of the vote or so to Hagan's 45% and move right along with her life. The only person that would've beaten Dole in this race is Mike Easley, but rest assured, he doesn't want to run and probably never will.

Kay Hagan isn't a stronger candidate than Erskine Bowles. Bowles had some experience, while I have no idea what Hagan is. We can argue this all day. Hagan won't beat Burr either. I think he'll break the streak because 2010 will be (hopefully) a GOP year where the environment will be much nicer to the GOP. If Easley does run, Burr would probably lose.

Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2008, 06:01:01 PM »

Jesse Helms was so polarizing that it was impossible for him to get over 55% of the vote. His ceiling was 53% and his floor was probably 48%. Kay Hagan is not winning this election, period, unless Dole has some scandal come out. While she isn't the greatest senator in the world, she hasn't done anything to warrant her being voted out of office. She'll get around 54% of the vote or so to Hagan's 45% and move right along with her life. The only person that would've beaten Dole in this race is Mike Easley, but rest assured, he doesn't want to run and probably never will.

Kay Hagan isn't a stronger candidate than Erskine Bowles. Bowles had some experience, while I have no idea what Hagan is. We can argue this all day. Hagan won't beat Burr either. I think he'll break the streak because 2010 will be (hopefully) a GOP year where the environment will be much nicer to the GOP. If Easley does run, Burr would probably lose.

Kay Hagan has been a state senator for a long time, she is the one that is ahead of making sure NC budget is balance.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 02:17:47 PM »

Kay Hagan has been a state senator for a long time, she is the one that is ahead of making sure NC budget is balance.

Kay Hagan has no chance to survive make her time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 08:27:25 PM »

Is North Carolina's budget balanced? I don't hate Easley by any means, but I know Raleigh has had plenty of scandals recently, and I don't really think Dole has been bad enough to vote out.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 10:40:24 AM »

Is North Carolina's budget balanced? I don't hate Easley by any means, but I know Raleigh has had plenty of scandals recently, and I don't really think Dole has been bad enough to vote out.

Put it this way, NC budget is 100% better then the US. Also I say the first DCCC ad today attacking Dole.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies