Obama plays the race card again.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:27:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama plays the race card again.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Obama plays the race card again.  (Read 6888 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2008, 08:09:08 AM »
« edited: July 31, 2008, 08:51:14 AM by MODU »

I really would wish McCain would call him on his constant attempts to play the race card, and I wish his supporters would open their eyes and see the light in this regard.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

However, it was Obama (not McCain) that stated that he doesn't look like the others during his speech in Germany:

This crap is so annoying.  The more I hear him talk, the more I see a polished Jesse Jackson.  He' not trying to be post-anything.  He's stoking the fire, trying to reignite racial tensions for political gain.  But unlike Jackson, he does it with a cute little smile rather than a scowl.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 08:11:12 AM »

I don't like it, honestly, but certain Republicans WILL use these types of attacks, even if indirectly. Don't think you'll deny that.

That said, Obama should not be campaigning this way either.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 08:18:14 AM »

I don't like it, honestly, but certain Republicans WILL use these types of attacks, even if indirectly. Don't think you'll deny that.[quote]

Of course not.  However, his constant linking the McCain campaign to this (to date) has been a blatant lie, especially when McCain constantly comes out against his own supporters when they make such comments.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 08:20:12 AM »

I don't like it, honestly, but certain Republicans WILL use these types of attacks, even if indirectly. Don't think you'll deny that.

1. Him ignoring it won't make it go away.

2. I don't see where he even hints that McCain would go there in any of those quotes.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 08:28:06 AM »

1. Him ignoring it won't make it go away.

2. I don't see where he even hints that McCain would go there in any of those quotes.

Regarding #2, the quote provided lumps McCain directly into the attack.  The full paragraph reads:

By his statement there, he is already implicating McCain in the attacks.  As far as #1 goes, see my reply to Franzl.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 08:51:33 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2008, 08:54:56 AM by TheresNoMoney »

I really would wish McCain would call him on his constant attempts to play the race card, and I wish his supporters would open their eyes and see the light in this regard.

You McCain supporters crack me up. It's fine for people to smear Obama with ridiculous accusations about him being Muslim, compare him to Osama Bin Laden, etc. Yet you just expect Obama to take the smears and not say a word.

If the McCain campaign and Republican groups are going to attack him for being "different", he has every right to respond.  And then you have the audacity to attack him for responding! The hypocrisy is amazing.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »

You McCain supporters crack me up. It's fine for people to smear Obama with ridiculous accusations about him being Muslim, compare him to Osama Bin Laden, etc. Yet you just expect Obama to take the smears and not say a word.

If the McCain campaign and Republican groups are going to attack him for being "different", he has every right to respond.  And then you have the audacity to attack him for responding!

Again, there is a difference between detractors and the campaigns.  In this case and cases prior to it, Obama consistently identifies McCain and/or his campaign, when it fact it is not his campaign that is doing it.  And we have enough noted times where McCain himself has called out his own supporters on the racial/religious slights.  So no, Obama does not get a pass on this, and I think McCain would be in the right to point out how it is Obama (not McCain nor his campaign) that continues to inject race into the election.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 08:58:22 AM »

By his statement there, he is already implicating McCain in the attacks.  As far as #1 goes, see my reply to Franzl.

Certainly some of the character attacks are that way. They're designed to raise questions about his "Americanness", which ultimately is about convincing people he's not American enough to be President. That's not quite racial, but it is ethnic, and appearance is part of that. And it is the McCain campaign doing that directly.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 09:02:32 AM »

Again, there is a difference between detractors and the campaigns.  In this case and cases prior to it, Obama consistently identifies McCain and/or his campaign, when it fact it is not his campaign that is doing it.

Give me a break. All the McCain campaign and his supporters do is attack, attack, attack. It's all the same crap that Bush and Rove did. Then, like a bunch of little babies,  you whine when Obama responds.

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 09:08:16 AM »

Again, there is a difference between detractors and the campaigns.  In this case and cases prior to it, Obama consistently identifies McCain and/or his campaign, when it fact it is not his campaign that is doing it.

Give me a break. All the McCain campaign and his supporters do is attack, attack, attack. It's all the same crap that Bush and Rove did. Then, like a bunch of little babies,  you whine when Obama responds.

Yeah, ok.  Forgot that it was only a one-way street.  What the hell was I thinking?  Roll Eyes
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 09:35:44 AM »

It isn't playing the race card, it is just saying it before someone else does.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 09:52:49 AM »

McCain has said before "Some might say I'm to old". Is he playing the age card?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 09:55:04 AM »

Lets get one thing straight. Barack Obama is not, never has been and never will be a 'race card' politician. He's post-racial Smiley. He didn't play 'race' politics in his IL-01 primary challenge to Bobby Rush; he didn't in his US Senate campaign and he ain't doing it now. Obama is trying to take America forward into a new post-racial era

[/quote]

Well, he doesn't

That's a ridiculous assertion. Why? Because it makes no sense

As if the Hawk would have endorsed Obama if he thought that he was just some black-identity political agitator running on grievances. You know me better than that, MODU Wink

Dave
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 11:11:06 AM »

MODU please realize that your annoyance is caused by your racism.

Also please realize that whatever McCain says or does, he is the not-black candidate and will win or lose based on this.  I'd say considering all you racists out there, his chances are very good.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 11:13:57 AM »

Also please realize that whatever McCain says or does, he is the not-black candidate and will win or lose based on this.  I'd say considering all you racists out there, his chances are very good.

however, you're showing your racism against fellow whites by making such an accusation.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 11:30:40 AM »

Hahahahah!! The comments in this thread are a riot. His cult following, however, is the scariest thing i've seen in a while. Obama is clearly playing the race card, as he has this whole race. Of course, he could hold a rally with the Black Panthers and Jesse Jackson and you'd all accuse whites of playing the race card.

Wake up! He's got you all fooled!
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 11:32:53 AM »

Hahahahah!! The comments in this thread are a riot. His cult following, however, is the scariest thing i've seen in a while. Obama is clearly playing the race card, as he has this whole race. Of course, he could hold a rally with the Black Panthers and Jesse Jackson and you'd all accuse whites of playing the race card.

He isn't the the "race" card no more then McCain is playing the "age" card.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 01:00:10 PM »

fail post. So Obama is a racial politican because of 3 statements he made that were kinda all true? Okay sure we're all fooled.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 01:03:13 PM »

however, you're showing your racism against fellow whites by making such an accusation.

You can't be 'racist against... whites' in America, Franzl.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 01:05:02 PM »

You can't be 'racist against... whites' in America, Franzl.

I'll be happy to intorduce you to a few, though fortunately, they don't live in my neighborhood.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 01:09:03 PM »

Well, he doesn't[/quote]

But skin tone is not a political issue, yet he continues to bring it up as if his competitor is using it as a campaign issue ... which he hasn't.  It is quite tactful, yet it is also quite obvious.  There would be absolutely no reason for Obama to mention it unless the McCain camp brings it up ... which they won't.  It's the classic victim card, and it is very disturbing.  He is stoking racial tension, or you can use pride, throughout his campaign in order to win.  If he were white ("like any other American"), he wouldn't have even made it through the primaries, let alone be the nominee.  And I just see his ploy boiling to the surface the closer we get to election day and, god forgive us, if Obama loses in November, I can easily see a repeat of 1992 LA in many parts of the country.

Grow up.  I've warned you many times in the past on this.  So please, just grow up.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 01:31:04 PM »

But skin tone is not a political issue, yet he continues to bring it up as if his competitor is using it as a campaign issue ... which he hasn't.  It is quite tactful, yet it is also quite obvious.  There would be absolutely no reason for Obama to mention it unless the McCain camp brings it up ... which they won't.  It's the classic victim card, and it is very disturbing.  He is stoking racial tension, or you can use pride, throughout his campaign in order to win.  If he were white ("like any other American"), he wouldn't have even made it through the primaries, let alone be the nominee.  And I just see his ploy boiling to the surface the closer we get to election day and, god forgive us, if Obama loses in November, I can easily see a repeat of 1992 LA in many parts of the country.

Grow up.  I've warned you many times in the past on this.  So please, just grow up.
[/quote]

MODU, it is not 'playing a card', or making a pretense of victimhood, nor is it fomenting of resentment of racism when in fact there is real oppression going on.  That is why I make the claim that you are a racist - because you deny the existence of the massive and brutal oppression upon which this country is built and which continues to this day.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 02:16:48 PM »

Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 03:06:54 PM »

It look nice don't it!
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 03:22:09 PM »

I don't think Gilbert Stuart would agree.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies