Ludacris Releases Song Attacking Hillary Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 08:26:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Ludacris Releases Song Attacking Hillary Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Ludacris Releases Song Attacking Hillary Clinton  (Read 7041 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 11:19:52 PM »

Wow I'm so conflicted. Rap is garbage but the lyrics and topic are awesome.

By the way, I hope this is used to sway voters to McCain. This guy is clearly a dumbass if he didn't realize that this trash wouldn't be used.

Almost more rewarding than Rev. Wright!

People are going to vote for Obama because someone completely unrelated to him produced a rap song?

It's not even remotely comparable to Wright, who Obama was personally linked to. Obama has nothing to do with Ludacris.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 11:29:04 PM »

As was sung in some Pete Seeger Left Wing anti military song, it's "garbage, garbage, garbage."

I don't think Pete Seeger was the original artist... in any case it's more of an environmental anthem than a commentary on foreign policy.

He was lashing out at nuclear weapons actually. Get rid of the nukes! That issue is just so dead these days. Where have all the flowers gone?  The CO2 hysteria is probably the next to go. Stay tuned.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 11:30:18 PM »

People are going to vote for Obama because someone completely unrelated to him produced a rap song?

It's not even remotely comparable to Wright, who Obama was personally linked to. Obama has nothing to do with Ludacris.

It doesn't help when people are already unsure of the guy.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 11:32:58 PM »

As was sung in some Pete Seeger Left Wing anti military song, it's "garbage, garbage, garbage."

I don't think Pete Seeger was the original artist... in any case it's more of an environmental anthem than a commentary on foreign policy.

He was lashing out at nuclear weapons actually. Get rid of the nukes! That issue is just so dead these days. Where have all the flowers gone?  The CO2 hysteria is probably the next to go. Stay tuned.

I'm not so sure about that... Pete Seeger added the last verse which mentions nukes, but the body of the song seems to be about "garbage", and this was in the days before nuclear waste had become a major issue.

http://www.ocap.ca/songs/garbage.html

MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 11:41:33 PM »

I'm not so sure about that... Pete Seeger added the last verse which mentions nukes, but the body of the song seems to be about "garbage", and this was in the days before nuclear waste had become a major issue.

http://www.ocap.ca/songs/garbage.html

"CO2 hysteria"? Even the venerable Economist supports a carbon tax, which is also backed by Mankiw and other real economic conservatives.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 11:50:09 PM »

I dig some of Luda's rhymes. I'm not gonna lie. But this is just filth. This scares me, all this "painting the white house black" and "McCain only belongs in a wheelchair paralyzed.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 11:56:59 PM »

Obama just nailed another Sister Souljah moment! Thank you Ludacris!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0708/Obama_camp_condemns_song_Ludacris_should_be_ashamed.html
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 11:58:54 PM »

the mccain campaign should mail a copy of this cd to every household in virginia west of lynchburg.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 12:06:46 AM »

i bet you and the boyz like to sit around and listen to a bit of ludacris...while eating your mcburgers and playing the ps2.

obama yall!

lolz @ white kids in minnesota.  yall be so enlightened.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 12:07:34 AM »

It is an empirical thing. The Economist is good at economics. The evidence for the CO2 gotterdamerung is waning as the Earth fails to continue to heat up, and the posited hot spot near the equater fails to materialize.  I am a Baysian. They are beginning to panic a bit in the global warming golden triangle subsidy complex. Oh my God, what do we do now?  When you get as old as I, you will see so many hysterias come and go. It is part of the human condition. We have this physic need to be very worried about something, as a secular cross to rally around.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 12:07:51 AM »

i bet you and the boyz like to sit around and listen to a bit of ludacris...while eating your mcburgers and playing the ps2.

obama yall!

Uh, haven't you forgotten? I listen to nothing but emo/hardcore/punk/indie/"scene" music. I utterly despise rap.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 12:13:35 AM »

It is an empirical thing. The Economist is good at economics. The evidence for the CO2 gotterdamerung is waning as the Earth fails to continue to heat up, and the posited hot spot near the equater fails to materialize.  I am a Baysian. They are beginning to panic a bit in the global warming golden triangle subsidy complex. Oh my God, what do we do now?  When you get as old as I, you will see so many hysterias come and go. It is part of the human condition. We have this physic need to be very worried about something, as a secular cross to rally around.

I hope you are right Torie because global warming is something to be wary of in the long run. Also there can be other things in play such as a natural oscillation in the sun's intensity meaning that when it starts getting towards the warm side of things( the sun that is), it could lead to intense heating on an earth full of carbon in the atmosphere. And if that heating leads to the polar icecaps totally melting, the real problems will begin. Inconvenient sh**t such as feedback loops and what not.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 12:15:32 AM »

obama yall!

Uh, haven't you forgotten? I listen to nothing but emo/hardcore/punk/indie/"scene" music. I utterly despise rap.

oh you are missing it, yo.

erry'body in da club gettin tipsy.

yeah.  obama yall!
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 12:16:50 AM »

obama yall!

oh you are missing it, yo.

erry'body in da club gettin tipsy.

yeah.  obama yall!

Never.....again....
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 12:33:28 AM »

Well Sbane, at least if it is the polar icecaps that melt, the Gorian oceans will not rise and sweep all the Leftists out of Manhattan and Boston, so the nation is safe. Instead, the Northwest passage is found at last. Meanwhile the ice builds up on Antarctica. Even the Greenland angst is just so yesterday. What will happen if the oceans sink and all that beach front property becomes worthless? Oh the horror, the horror.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2008, 12:46:07 AM »

Well Sbane, at least if it is the polar icecaps that melt, the Gorian oceans will not rise and sweep all the Leftists out of Manhattan and Boston, so the nation is safe. Instead, the Northwest passage is found at last. Meanwhile the ice builds up on Antarctica. Even the Greenland angst is just so yesterday. What will happen if the oceans sink and all that beach front property becomes worthless? Oh the horror, the horror.

Yeah a little global warming is actually not bad at all( except for the small island nations but f**k them right) but when the polar ice caps melt it will be on both poles, not just the north. We certainly have time to prepare though and doing things to wean us off oil will help in anycase. We need more research for sure but I tend to trust real scientists as opposed to Exxonmobil's "researchers".
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2008, 01:45:55 AM »

What's so great about rap anyway? I certainly don't want to hear about how some guy had to have sex with his girlfriend on the floor because he didn't want to wrinkle his bedsheets
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2008, 02:18:31 AM »

Well, on the bright side, he's encouraging blacks to vote.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2008, 03:24:31 AM »

Thanks for finding a "bright side" to misogyny and reverse racism.  I suppose white supremacist kooks slightly increase voter turnout, too!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 04:31:11 AM »

Thanks for finding a "bright side" to misogyny and reverse racism.  I suppose white supremacist kooks slightly increase voter turnout, too!

The post was meant to be a joke. Tongue
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2008, 08:26:46 AM »

Yay! More misogyny from mainstream rap!

Just what we need!

^^^^^^

Why is this Ludacris sh**t getting any attention?
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2008, 10:07:23 AM »

Ok, I can't hate a guy who made such hits like "Money Maker", "Yeah!", "Number One Spot" and "Act a Fool" He's a legend in the industry.

Sure he's a legend but I've never really liked him.

Pshhh!!!! I question your taste, then.

Wink

We've been through this already. I like the better rapper out of Atlanta - T.I.

Cheesy
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2008, 10:15:35 AM »

Why is this Ludacris sh**t getting any attention?

Exactly
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2008, 10:16:04 AM »

Haven't heard the song... I'm not used to songs being this overtly political.  Oh well.

Really?

Anyway, as Phil said, Ludacris is terrible anyway, but I have to wonder if all the Hillary bashers know that she conceded?  I don't see the point of hating on her now that the thing has been decided.  Is this what we can expect from the Obama people if they win the White House... a purely vindictive attitude, predicated on getting back at people after the fact?  Doesn't sound too hopeful to me.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2008, 10:19:16 AM »

And that attack on McCain in the song is senseless, while the reference to "painting the White House black" doesn't lend anything to the argument that America is truly mature enough to handle a black president.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies