Social Democratic Party Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:37:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Social Democratic Party Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19
Author Topic: Social Democratic Party Convention  (Read 54383 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: December 02, 2008, 01:25:31 AM »

Hey everyone, I've some suggestions if you're interested.

------

Social Democratic Party logo from Finland
------

Edited Social Democratic Party logo from Mexico
------

Edited Social Democratic Party logo from Hungary
------

Edited Social Democratic Party logo from Poland (My personal favorite)
------
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #276 on: December 02, 2008, 04:46:18 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2008, 05:32:53 AM by The Prince Was Never Raised For Sincerity »

I'm new here and all Tongue But our party should get organized, have everything ready, then post a new thread with everything completely in place, ASAP

Right now this thread looks pretty disorganized and no one new (except me, because I was really really bored and had nothing at my disposal but sparkling white grape juice cocktail) will read through all the pages of this thread. We need to prevent inactivity by sending out PMs with some sort of newsletter on regular intervals updating all the registered members of the Social Democratic Party of what's going on here, upcoming elections, empty posts, etc, and what they can do/need to do to help.

Lets say, we give it a few days and if a logo/flag/symbol for the SDP hasn't been thought of or decided upon, the Chairman and the General Secretary decide on one themselves to move the process along and if a majority of the members of the SDP dislike the logo it might motivate people to kick a vote for certain choices in gear.

I don't know if there is already someone devoted to sending out PMs to registered SDP members, but if there isn't, we should create such a post. Weekly newsletters on party events, new membership, upcoming elections, empty posts, etc, etc, etc should be written out, approved by the General Secretary, stamped with the SDP label, and sent out to all party members for regular updating. I would be more than happy to perform such duties.

From what I've seen we seem to be doing things completely on the fly without any coherence or direction, and quite alot of this thread is old and in need of updating. Since Xahar isn't the chairman anymore, we should create a new thread for the Social Democratic Party upon the election of a new chairman, to keep everything up to date and to avoid confusion.

We need regularly updated posts on the front page of said new thread, chronicling the rules, endorsement procedures & recipients, Social Democratic Party Platform, special leadership elections, candidates running for office, etc. etc. Another things the front page of the thread and the newsletters could contain would be legislation currently being debated or legislation that is supported by the SDP in general, to raise awareness and gather support.

Several (several) months have gone by without any significant progress with what could have been done in half the time or less, and I'm sure many people have been frustrated because of that, and what could be done about that, as i said, is simply deadlines. Instead of letting people trail off/forget about things/make no progress, set a date for when each goal *needs* to be accomplished by the general membership. A new thread would help in this effort as well, because it would seem less like we're always beating a dead horse that is this thread.

I'm more than happy to help out this party whenever and however I can. I joined the Social Democratic Party because I am a Social Democrat, believe in it's causes, and believe it can be great. I'm new, most of you don't have a clue who I am, but I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep this party moving!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #277 on: December 02, 2008, 02:26:40 PM »

Excellent ideas. I encourage General Secretary MaxQue to carefully consider them.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #278 on: December 02, 2008, 05:46:13 PM »

Cool. I never actually saw that logo associated with the Finnish Social Democrats.

I always saw this logo for the SDP:

MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #279 on: December 02, 2008, 08:56:21 PM »

I'm new here and all Tongue But our party should get organized, have everything ready, then post a new thread with everything completely in place, ASAP

Right now this thread looks pretty disorganized and no one new (except me, because I was really really bored and had nothing at my disposal but sparkling white grape juice cocktail) will read through all the pages of this thread. We need to prevent inactivity by sending out PMs with some sort of newsletter on regular intervals updating all the registered members of the Social Democratic Party of what's going on here, upcoming elections, empty posts, etc, and what they can do/need to do to help.

Lets say, we give it a few days and if a logo/flag/symbol for the SDP hasn't been thought of or decided upon, the Chairman and the General Secretary decide on one themselves to move the process along and if a majority of the members of the SDP dislike the logo it might motivate people to kick a vote for certain choices in gear.

I don't know if there is already someone devoted to sending out PMs to registered SDP members, but if there isn't, we should create such a post. Weekly newsletters on party events, new membership, upcoming elections, empty posts, etc, etc, etc should be written out, approved by the General Secretary, stamped with the SDP label, and sent out to all party members for regular updating. I would be more than happy to perform such duties.

From what I've seen we seem to be doing things completely on the fly without any coherence or direction, and quite alot of this thread is old and in need of updating. Since Xahar isn't the chairman anymore, we should create a new thread for the Social Democratic Party upon the election of a new chairman, to keep everything up to date and to avoid confusion.

We need regularly updated posts on the front page of said new thread, chronicling the rules, endorsement procedures & recipients, Social Democratic Party Platform, special leadership elections, candidates running for office, etc. etc. Another things the front page of the thread and the newsletters could contain would be legislation currently being debated or legislation that is supported by the SDP in general, to raise awareness and gather support.

Several (several) months have gone by without any significant progress with what could have been done in half the time or less, and I'm sure many people have been frustrated because of that, and what could be done about that, as i said, is simply deadlines. Instead of letting people trail off/forget about things/make no progress, set a date for when each goal *needs* to be accomplished by the general membership. A new thread would help in this effort as well, because it would seem less like we're always beating a dead horse that is this thread.

I'm more than happy to help out this party whenever and however I can. I joined the Social Democratic Party because I am a Social Democrat, believe in it's causes, and believe it can be great. I'm new, most of you don't have a clue who I am, but I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep this party moving!

I  agree with that in general.

Some problems and notes:

Chairman doesn't have much power. Most of the power in in the hands of the General Secretary, me.

We have a limit on private messages per hour.

We don't have something to say each week.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #280 on: December 02, 2008, 09:15:10 PM »

Perhaps a continouously running thread could be a good idea, with a mass PM sent out whenever there is an update (if you send one PM to 20 people, you can still send 19 more within the hour; you're not close to the limit).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #281 on: December 02, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »

I endorse the Finnish or the Polish logo.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2008, 09:38:53 PM »

The (presumably former or old or whatever) Finnish badge has a certain charm to it. Talking of old-fashioned logos...

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #283 on: December 02, 2008, 09:43:07 PM »

The (presumably former or old or whatever) Finnish badge has a certain charm to it. Talking of old-fashioned logos...

I tried to make that computer-friendly, but it came out horrendous.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2008, 02:48:28 AM »

I  agree with that in general.

Some problems and notes:

Chairman doesn't have much power. Most of the power in in the hands of the General Secretary, me.

We have a limit on private messages per hour.

We don't have something to say each week.

While I understand most of the power rests in your hands Mister Secretary, something does need to be done to expedite the process of picking a logo for the SDP, something that was first mention within the first three replies of this thread months ago. I'm not sure what could be done, but there must be some options aside from waiting for everyone to respond, endorse, vote, tinker with existing logos, and so on. It's simply too time consuming and there are elections to be conducted soon!

As Xahar said, mass PMs could solve the problem of a PM limit, so their wouldn't be that much of a problem with PM limits, and even if we have no MAJOR updates, simple "Hello"s and reminders to check the thread once in awhile and stay active in the events of Atlasia couldn't hurt. It could also help our image which, unfortunately, some in other parties consider tarnished.

M.B.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #285 on: December 04, 2008, 12:44:15 AM »

Marokai, we need to agree on a logo. I only wait a final proposition of somebody. Please, somebody decide and we will quickly talk about it.

Who is candidate?

Al?

Others one?

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #286 on: December 04, 2008, 12:45:49 AM »

I'm considering a run.

We ought to have three candidates, given that Jas is leaving.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #287 on: December 04, 2008, 12:50:32 AM »

I'm considering a run.

We ought to have three candidates, given that Jas is leaving.

I agree. It was what we have the last time, counting Jas, who isn't a SDPer but have similar ideas than us.

We also have to find candidates for regional elections.

I announce than I will be a candidate to something. I don't know what but I will be a candidate.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #288 on: December 04, 2008, 01:02:23 AM »

Marokai, we need to agree on a logo. I only wait a final proposition of somebody. Please, somebody decide and we will quickly talk about it.

I'm pretty fond of the Finnish SDP logo.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #289 on: December 04, 2008, 01:04:23 AM »

Does somebody oppose or want a change on the Finnish SDP logo? Does that become our logo?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #290 on: December 04, 2008, 01:04:43 AM »

You and Marokai Blue should run for the two regional offices. I'll also try drafting a preamble for the platform tomorrow.

We should finish this convention soon and end our disorganization. We can't, shouldn't and won't be like the RPP (the Southeast region is governed inside their private board), but we also shouldn't be like the JCP or NLC, either. Nous chercherons à nous tenir dans un juste milieu, également éloigné des excès des secrets complets et des abus de l'anarchie extrême.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #291 on: December 04, 2008, 01:15:31 AM »

You and Marokai Blue should run for the two regional offices. I'll also try drafting a preamble for the platform tomorrow.

We should finish this convention soon and end our disorganization. We can't, shouldn't and won't be like the RPP (the Southeast region is governed inside their private board), but we also shouldn't be like the JCP or NLC, either. Nous chercherons à nous tenir dans un juste milieu, également éloigné des excès des secrets complets et des abus de l'anarchie extrême.

That was planned for the regional office. I am undecided on the office. Totally agreeing with you on the organisation part. We need to be unique. Nous devons être unique, c'est-à-dire un fonctionnement différent de nos adversaires, une plateforme différente de nos adversaires et des manières de faire différentes de nos adversaires.

(We must be unique, namely a different organisation of our opponents, a different platform of our opponents and different ways to do things than our opponents.)

By the way, you are very good in French, Xahar.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #292 on: December 04, 2008, 01:22:26 AM »

Is French a requirement in the SDP? Tongue
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #293 on: December 04, 2008, 01:27:13 AM »

No. I speak French because that is my real language. For Xahar, I don't know.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #294 on: December 04, 2008, 01:56:55 AM »

I'm strongly leaning towards running for Senate in the upcoming election, just to get that out there. I think we can definitely win two, perhaps three if things go perfectly, seats.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #295 on: December 04, 2008, 08:35:16 AM »

Ouais.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #296 on: December 04, 2008, 08:40:21 AM »

I'm strongly leaning towards running for Senate in the upcoming election, just to get that out there. I think we can definitely win two, perhaps three if things go perfectly, seats.

plz do
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #297 on: December 04, 2008, 08:42:07 AM »

Ouains.

Merde de tabernacle!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #298 on: December 04, 2008, 08:50:07 AM »

Peut-être on dit ça en Québec, mais ici, on sait d'écrire "ouais". Les Canadiens, ce sont tous des cons. Bordel de merde.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #299 on: December 04, 2008, 09:43:30 AM »

Mon francais est horrible. Je havent l'a utilise depuis l'ecole secondaire.

Bad, right?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies