Are you a pro or an anti voter this election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:24:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Are you a pro or an anti voter this election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Are you a pro or an anti voter this election?  (Read 3545 times)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2008, 11:40:35 PM »

Anti-McCain.  His message is hopeless, worthless, and unintelligent.

Although, to be fair, a lot of Obama's rhetoric falls into the latter two categories.
Third Party
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2008, 12:36:19 AM »

Pro-McKinney, pro-Green Party.

I do not like McCain or Obama.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2008, 12:45:54 AM »

Anti-Bush.... I haven't seen McCain take enough courageous steps to distance himself from Bush. Part of his problem is that he's been spending too much time trying to make his base happy that he hasn't reached out for the support of many willing to give him a chance on the basis of his past record.

Obama is the more anti-Bush and if I don't vote indie (50-50) he will be my choice.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2008, 12:58:40 AM »

Beet there are protectionist and nativist pressures, no doubt, but any attempt to implement them as policy would so rapidly prove disastrous economically that they would never be implemented. What is in play is giving handouts in the short term to the economic losers of changing market circumstances, and both McCain and Obama seem to be in love with that concept. I am not. I think it is singling out one class of economic losers over another, and tends to make the labor market less supple to adjusting to economic imperatives.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2008, 01:03:01 AM »

Beet there are protectionist and nativist pressures, no doubt, but any attempt to implement them as policy would so rapidly prove disastrous economically that they would never be implemented. What is in play is giving handouts in the short term to the economic losers of changing market circumstances, and both McCain and Obama seem to be in love with that concept. I am not. I think it is singling out one class of economic losers over another, and tends to make the labor market less supple to adjusting to economic imperatives.

Torie, Torie.... every government is protectionist to some degree...neither candidate will egregiously violate WTO rules.... helping Detroit to develop a fuel-efficient fleet so long as we play within the rules of those compacts is perfectly legitimate.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2008, 12:36:19 PM »

Depends on who McCain picks as his running mate.  If he picks Mark Sanford, I'll be casting an anti-Andre Bauer vote (Bauer is the Lieutenant Governor who would get promoted to Governor if Sanford becaomes VP) and vote for Obama.  If McCain picks anyone else, I'll be casting a pro-McCain vote.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2008, 12:57:34 PM »

Same as jedi...cept im Pro-Obama, Anti-McCain.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2008, 01:40:29 PM »

Definitely Pro McCain but I have a lot of interested in seeing Obama/his supporters lose.

Sad

Tongue

I also get along with/like many of his supporters. It's just the really annoying ones that I can't stand.  Smiley

Me me me!
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2008, 01:57:38 PM »

More anti-McCain, as I have no high hopes for Obama, but I feel that after eight years of Bush the current GOP ruling class has to be driven from power, and yesterday's stories about Monica Goodling's hiring activities at Justice only encouraged it.

McCain may have once been independent, but his campaign is now nothing more than a vehicle for the most parasitic elements of the Bush establishment to hang on to power. In fact a McCain administration would be worse as the most competent GOP officials have long since moved on to the private sector leaving those who can't manage to hold real jobs staffing McCain's campaign.

At a more serious level, McCain's advisers, Bill Kristol on foreign policy, Phil Gramm and Larry Kudlow on economic affairs, inspire zero confidence and quite a lot of fear on my part.

All this from someone who planned to vote McCain last year, and considered it up through April.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2008, 02:50:45 PM »

Anti-voter.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2008, 03:32:46 PM »

I'm usually anti-Liberal in all elections, but that doesn't dictate how I end up voting.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2008, 05:29:11 PM »

Very pro-Obama.  My vote in the congressional race will be even more pro-, but whoever I vote for for Senate will definitely be anti-someone.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2008, 05:38:47 PM »

Depends on who McCain picks as his running mate.  If he picks Mark Sanford, I'll be casting an anti-Andre Bauer vote (Bauer is the Lieutenant Governor who would get promoted to Governor if Sanford becaomes VP) and vote for Obama.  If McCain picks anyone else, I'll be casting a pro-McCain vote.

Well luckily for you, Sanford seemed to take himself out of the running on CNN last week.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2008, 05:40:40 PM »

Although, to be fair, a lot of Obama's rhetoric falls into the latter two categories.
But hope is the method to cure all the world's ills
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2008, 06:09:01 PM »

Very pro-Obama.  My vote in the congressional race will be even more pro-, but whoever I vote for for Senate will definitely be anti-someone.
Off-topic: You're lucky to have a choice between Madia and Paulsen. That's a lot of talent for one CD.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »

But hope is the method to cure all the world's ills

Well, it is certainly better than the snarky, bitchy sarcasm you're always regurgitating.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2008, 06:16:29 PM »

Pro-McCain.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2008, 07:29:24 PM »

Pro-Obama.

I don't dislike McCain on a personal level, though of course I disagree with most of his political views. He'd certainly be an improvement over the current occupant of the White House, though Obama is still far preferable.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2008, 09:33:30 PM »

Well luckily for you, Sanford seemed to take himself out of the running on CNN last week.

True, but I'm not going to count my eggs before the hen cackles.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2008, 09:36:42 PM »

I think the hen is barbecued by now.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2008, 09:41:33 PM »

Same as jedi...cept im Pro-Obama, Anti-McCain.

Yeah, me too. I don't like McCain cause he just seems like an extension of failed policies and decisions.

Meanwhile, whenever I hear more of Obama's ideas, I get the impression he really knows what he wants to accomplish. I think he would be a better President than McCain.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2008, 10:08:11 PM »

I think the hen is barbecued by now.

Actually the Hen is now part of the other hen in the barn yard, having been slaughtered, BBQed, eaten, shat out, rotted into soil, and then served as fertilizer for an acorn leading to the oak tree that dropped more acorns which were eaten by the next hen.

I mean.. if you wanna play that game.

But yes, I am a pro-Obama voter, again, as I stated earlier... though again, I am not as enthused about him as I was 2 months ago.. but that's just more likely because it's summer and I have other things going on.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2008, 10:16:55 PM »

Actually the Hen is now part of the other hen in the barn yard, having been slaughtered, BBQed, eaten, shat out, rotted into soil, and then served as fertilizer for an acorn leading to the oak tree that dropped more acorns which were eaten by the next hen.

That sounds like a Soul Coughing song.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies