Wow: Even the Associated Press is saying that Iraq has been won
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:02:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Wow: Even the Associated Press is saying that Iraq has been won
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Wow: Even the Associated Press is saying that Iraq has been won  (Read 5847 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 07:40:35 PM »

In facts, US won Irak more than less, didn't it?

I think the point is, until when...?

Until the insane religion (religion of "peace") takes hold of the government again.

That's what I think too.

Except one thing, which is important. I don't consider this religion as insane, but those who are trying to spread their interpretation of it, who are totally insane.

Yes, but the moderates are doing little if anything to change that thought process. Therefore "moderates" are as good as worthless. I hate to even make this comparison because all the jokers on this board will scream "godwin" but it's like saying that in 1938 German moderates would be able to change Nazi Germany. Sorry, their may have been moderate Germans but they had no political influence at all and while there, were really irrelevant. I feel the exact same way about "moderation" in the Middle East.

Once again, what the hell do you propose we do?

Kidnap all the Islamists & impose a western code of laws on all these countries while the lunatic fringe is locked in the basement. Isn't it obvious? Wink
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 03:23:58 AM »

In facts, US won Irak more than less, didn't it?

I think the point is, until when...?

Until the insane religion (religion of "peace") takes hold of the government again.

That's what I think too.

Except one thing, which is important. I don't consider this religion as insane, but those who are trying to spread their interpretation of it, who are totally insane.

Yes, but the moderates are doing little if anything to change that thought process. Therefore "moderates" are as good as worthless. I hate to even make this comparison because all the jokers on this board will scream "godwin" but it's like saying that in 1938 German moderates would be able to change Nazi Germany. Sorry, their may have been moderate Germans but they had no political influence at all and while there, were really irrelevant. I feel the exact same way about "moderation" in the Middle East.

Once again, what the hell do you propose we do?

That's up to your people to figure out. Western Christians can't solve your peoples problems.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 07:58:13 AM »

No WMDs? Please tell me why we've found hundreds of pounds of yellowcake as well as nerve gas. And why trucks were seen exiting Iraq into Syria right before the invasion.

Now States be honest, if there were WMD why 1) didn't Saddam Use them and 2)hasn't Bush announced this fact at every single opportunity available to show what a just cause Iraq was. It's not after all as if he needs to boost his popularity or 'legacy'.

Plus way to fail in ignoring all my other points.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lolz. Of course if not for the "high and mighty politicians" none of these wars would be happening in the first place. Oh, and the "Politicians lost Vietnam" is a complete myth, the War could have gone on until the 1980s and they still wouldn't have won (But would have done a good job of killing the entire population of South East Asia. Seriously if you the people are meant to be 'liberating' are the same people that are shooting at you, it is time to give up.)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No of course not. Many of them were in fact Created by them. If I could turn back time getting the British and the French not to utterly betray the Arabs (and the Kurds) at the Versailles Peace Conference and give them their own state instead of their Imperialist designs would be a top priority. Its not like that State would have turned particularly hostile or anything, given the circumstances.

Wilson was a hero in the Arab world at the time.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 11:45:27 AM »

Sorry Gully. The hatred of the west and Christianity has existed WAY before the treaty of Versailles. I know we don't agree on anything at all but certainly you have to acknowledge the historical FACT that Islam has been hostile towards western Europe since Islams inception. Sure, the hatred died back for a few centuries, mostly because we ignored their backward asses, but the resentment & hatred still existed. Hell, the whole religion was founded on divide and conquer.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »

Hell, the whole religion was founded on divide and conquer.

No, that only happened after it became mainstream. Just like Christianity.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 12:08:48 PM »

Sorry Gully. The hatred of the west and Christianity has existed WAY before the treaty of Versailles. I know we don't agree on anything at all but certainly you have to acknowledge the historical FACT that Islam has been hostile towards western Europe since Islams inception. Sure, the hatred died back for a few centuries, mostly because we ignored their backward asses, but the resentment & hatred still existed. Hell, the whole religion was founded on divide and conquer.
Woah you have just shown you no nothing about Islam whatsoever.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 12:35:50 PM »

What was the first thing Mohammed did? Started conquering.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 11:18:26 PM »

A religion becomes "mainstream" (whatever the hell that means on a global scale) by conquering and forcing people to adopt it. It doesn't take many generations from that point for it to be ingrained. Peaceful missionary work is not an affective means to grow one of the youngest and most culturally isolated religions so quickly as it has.

But it really doesn't matter. Islam is not going away. The only way to prevent, to an extent, Islamic states and extremism is through a good, free education and a moderate government. Unfortunately, it's hard to impose lasting moderation from the outside. War has a tendency to, you know, bring out the extremes in people. Sigh.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 07:50:14 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2008, 07:52:34 AM by 我寻找感觉和方向 »

Euh... Is the point "who began" so important...?

Islam would be condemned to be a "bad religion" because in the "match" Christianity vs. Islam they have been the first to attack?

Sorry but I think you shouldn't confuse what is the religion and what the politics makes with it (OK, the epoch doesn't help in it, but you can try...)

Then, in this match, we can at least say that Islam is less hypocrite than Christianity because it assumes the way of the military force in its spirituality (Jihad), when Christianity has always made war in the name of the Christian principles which are not really OK with the idea of war...

but the resentment & hatred still existed.

No, not always, that's just not true. Following epochs and places it has been well and constructive, Caliphate of Cordoba has been one of these examples...

But, are you not by yourself participating to make it a truth with what you say on Islam?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 04:12:04 PM »

Did it Exist? Yeah sure, no point denying that. Though modern Islam Fundamentalism doesn't come into being until 1950s thanks to Sayyid Qutb and did not even become widespread until the 1980s (where was all the Islamic terrorism before the 80s? And you can't claim regimes like Saddam Hussein, Abdul Nasser, etc were the same thing as they were a) nationalist and secular in nature and b) strongly opposed to Islamic Fundamentalism which has its origins in opposition to the Nasser Regime)

Of course Anti-western sentiment has been common before then in the Mahdi Revolt in the 1880 for instance or those nationalist regimes I mentioned but in all cases they formed and got their strength from being opposed to the British. The More foreign powers seem to interfere in the Middle East the more they get hated, the more violence then ensues, which means more interference, which means more violence and so on. Actually where would the modern Islamic world be without British Imperialism.. very hard to say, but I'd reckon the Twin towers would still be there.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies