Climbers Discover KJV on Mount Ararat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:11:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Climbers Discover KJV on Mount Ararat  (Read 1910 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2008, 01:43:06 PM »

http://tominthebox.blogspot.com/2008/07/climbers-discover-kjv-on-mount-ararat.html

TURKEY - In a discovery that has long been expected by some, but is inconceivable to most, a group of climbers recently discovered a copy of the King James Bible within remains of Noah's Ark.

Expedition leader Dr. Kyle Richardson, who is a part-time professor at Pensacola Christian College, told TBNN, "We had been planning this climb for over a year, hoping to come across wooden remains of Noah's Ark. When we found several very old planks on the north face of the mountain, near the summit, we thought we had found what we were looking for. After a closer inspection, we knew we were right. For example, several of the planks had pictures carved into them of various forms of animals that are now extinct. Also, there were eight names carved in the wood, presumably those of Noah, his wife, his sons, and his sons' wives."

Fellow climber Wendy Richardson, wife of Kyle, explained their greatest discovery. According to Wendy, "As we were carefully looking under a few of the wooden planks, we came across something that we did not expect. Inside a small wooden compartment, we found a near-perfect copy of the King James Bible. Based on where we found it, we have concluded that this bible was actually the one used by Noah during the flood so many years ago. The more we think about it now, the more sense it makes."

Although several Old and New Testament experts have raised serious questions about how a KJV could have possibly been on the ark, others are thrilled about the discovery. For example, Dr. Henry Beeth, professor of New Testament at Bob Jones University, said, "The discovery of the KJV among the remains of Noah's ark confirms what we have always known to be true. God actually first revealed himself in the KJV, long before either the Hebrew or Greek. The writers of the Hebrew Old Testament and Greek New Testament actually translated into their languages from the KJV. In 1611, the translators of the KJV were just going back to the original. We know some folks can't figure out the KJV, but this discovery just proves that it still stands as the perfectly revealed Word of God."

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »

LOL.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 05:06:21 PM »

Hahaha. Good show.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 08:27:23 PM »

lol what idiots
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 12:55:02 PM »

You know, seeing someone saying "what idiots" to the characters in something that is satirical is kind of ironic.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 09:49:55 AM »

i don't get this thread
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 10:18:49 AM »

It's meant to mock KJV only followers.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 10:29:00 AM »

that part I got, but certainly there are more entertaining things to do than mocking KJV only followers.  After all, we still have Naso to pick on.  Someone needs to post a Naso video on YouTube.

We went live yesterday and tomorrow I start a new gig, but today I'm just sitting in the office with my stuff in a box waiting for the school bell to ring.  AND THIS THREAD AIN'T DOING ANYTHING FOR ME!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies