NC-11: Shuler (D) now safe due to opponent's antics?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:14:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC-11: Shuler (D) now safe due to opponent's antics?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-11: Shuler (D) now safe due to opponent's antics?  (Read 703 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2008, 04:24:05 AM »

Move freshman Congressman Heath Shuler (D) into the safe column, based upon the recent bizarre conduct by his GOP opponent. According to The Hill, Asheville City Councilman Carl Mumpower (R) has informally suspended his campaign until he can get a majority of the fifteen Republican county organizations in CD-11 to sign his statement of core principles. Until then, Mumpower said he will not advertise his candidacy or collect any campaign contributions. "I’ll fight my party first, and then take on my opponent after we’ve accomplished that job," said Mumpower. While Mumpower is generating headlines in his district over these antics, he is alienating leaders of his own party and the NRCC. "I can go along with him asking for a recommitment to those principles, but I don’t know if I go along with him suspending his campaign," said Buncombe County Republican Party Tim Johnson to the Asheville Citizen-Times.

http://www.politics1.com/
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 07:57:08 AM »

Shuler was safe before this.  Or should I say, safe until the next Republican wave.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies