New Jersey: Adler Nears $2 Million Mark in Money Raised
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:11:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Jersey: Adler Nears $2 Million Mark in Money Raised  (Read 2085 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2008, 10:42:41 PM »

CD-3 Fundraising #'s as of June 30th, 2008

Chris Myers for Congress

Raised: $626,549 since January, $249,162 in the 2nd Quarter
Cash on Hand: $155,406 as of June 30

John Adler for Congress
Raised for cycle: $1,901,000, $728,000 in the 2nd Quarter
Cash on Hand: over $1,400,000 as of June 30

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roll Call

July 9, 2008
By John McArdle, Roll Call Staff

State Sen. John Adler (D) announced Tuesday that his campaign for the open 3rd district seat had brought in more than $720,000 in the second quarter of the year and has now raised more than $1.9 million for the cycle.

He finished June with more than $1.4 million in the bank.

Those strong numbers will certainly serve Adler well in the expensive media markets that surround the south-central New Jersey district in the much-hyped race to replace retiring Rep. Jim Saxton (R).

Adler has received more than 2,700 individual donations this cycle, 70 percent of which come from New Jersey residents, according to Tuesday's news release.

"Our positive message for change has energized people throughout the district, and that message is resonating with people from the Jersey Shore in Ocean County to the Delaware River in Burlington County," Adler spokesman Raiyan Syed said in the release.

Adler is a well-known state legislator who ran for the 3rd district seat back in 1990. Adler lost that race to Saxton. But Adler has been planning another Congressional run for several years.

Adler was unopposed in his June primary, but the GOP primary was a bitter fight between Lockheed Martin Vice President Chris Myers, who also serves as mayor of Medford, and Ocean County Freeholder Jack Kelly.

Myers, who had Saxton's support, emerged from that battle.

Chris Russell, a spokesman for Myers, said Tuesday that Myers'
second-quarter fundraising numbers wouldn't be available until later this week but acknowledged that Myers' campaign was essentially starting from scratch in June after spending all its money to make it through the primary.

But while Myers will likely be playing catch-up on the fundraising front for the rest of the cycle, Russell said the campaign will be just fine.

Pointing to Adler's "failed tax-and-spend policies," Russell said Adler "can't raise enough money to defend a record that miserable."

Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 01:28:22 AM »

Really not a surprise.  Adler has terrific fundraising connections; Myers came out of a bruising primary that sapped his cash (and split his ability to raise it).
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 07:38:20 AM »

At this point, we should probably take a wait & see approach. With all of the seats in both houses that need to be defended, we just don't have the money to give this guy $2,000,000 to be able to compete.

With that much said, if Myers can begin to catch up, we can help him. Otherwise, as painful as it is, we should chalk NJ-3 up to a loss & move on.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 11:36:38 AM »

With that much said, if Myers can begin to catch up, we can help him. Otherwise, as painful as it is, we should chalk NJ-3 up to a loss & move on.

It's pretty rough to surrender one of the longest consecutively held GOP seats in the nation without a fight.  This one goes back to the 1880s, I believe.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 11:49:28 AM »

It's pretty rough to surrender one of the longest consecutively held GOP seats in the nation without a fight.  This one goes back to the 1880s, I believe.

Indeed. I hope that Myers can close the money gap enough to make it competitive.

But realistically, New Jersey is the worst possible place to play defense. The cost of air time there is prohibitive. $2,000,000 spent here could go much further somewhere else.

It's too early to commit money anyway. If we sink $2,000,000 & Adler then continues to outraise Myers, it would just be money wasted. At this point, the best thing to do is wait & see.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 01:50:31 PM »

Just a note, of the 155k cash on hand, 50k was that was from a loan to the campaign from myers.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 02:33:49 PM »

Just a note, of the 155k cash on hand, 50k was that was from a loan to the campaign from myers.

Any idea on how wealthy Myers is?  I mean, I know he's wealthy, but how wealthy is he?
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »

Any idea on how wealthy Myers is?  I mean, I know he's wealthy, but how wealthy is he?
Yeah. Is he Corzine rich or Zimmer rich?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 03:26:31 PM »

Disgusting.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 03:27:58 PM »

What's disgusting?
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 03:28:49 PM »

According to the Youtubes, Chris Myers said he earns $250k a year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BECbYqt0nd4
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »

Two million dollars for a seat in the lower house of a national legislature is disgusting. And I presume that the "fund-raising" (which, in this context, seems to be about 50% euphemism) won't stop now.

What a corrupt little ****.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 06:02:03 PM »

Two million dollars for a seat in the lower house of a national legislature is disgusting. And I presume that the "fund-raising" (which, in this context, seems to be about 50% euphemism) won't stop now.

What a corrupt little ****.

NJ-3 sits in both the Philly and NYC media market, the most expensive in the country and the 3rd or 4th most expensive.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 06:45:50 PM »

Norcross's fingerprints are all over that money.

He's never bought a congressional district before!  I wonder what he'll do with it?
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 10:02:23 PM »

Norcross's fingerprints are all over that money.

He's never bought a congressional district before!  I wonder what he'll do with it?

According to Adler's May 14th fundraising report, 14% of his total contributions are neither from PACs nor individuals .Since Adler hasn't given himself a penny, that money is classified as "other." By contrast, Stender classified only 1% of her aggregate funds under the nebulous "other" category.  That strikes me as odd.

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 10:22:57 PM »

I guess there's no FEC category for "Commerce Bank."  Sad
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 10:27:44 PM »

Others include businesses that are not corporations, such as LLCs or LLPs etc.
Conan
conan

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 10:29:50 PM »

I guess there's no FEC category for "Commerce Bank."  Sad
One of the best banks around, too.

It's not as if Adler will be different than other liberal democrats in the House, even if he's a part of the Norcross circle. So Norcross doesn't bother me at all here.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 12:35:21 PM »

I have to correct myself here actually, the other category in here was a transfer from another account. Adler had started to raise money for US Senate a few years ago for the possibility that Lautenberg wouldnt run again. That 190k was a transfer from that account.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies