FL-Rasmussen: McCain remains comfortably ahead of Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:17:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL-Rasmussen: McCain remains comfortably ahead of Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FL-Rasmussen: McCain remains comfortably ahead of Obama  (Read 1440 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2008, 02:28:20 PM »

Florida Presidential Election - Survey of 500 Likely Voters - June 26, 2008:

McCain: 48% (+1)
Obama: 41% (+2)

Link
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 02:47:33 PM »

I don't know if 7% is "comfortable". A lead like that can evaporate rather quickly.

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 02:58:23 PM »

Once again the "Other" category is larger than the "not sure" category!
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 03:06:54 PM »

Hes definately improving...which is good Smiley
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 04:07:54 PM »

I don't know if 7% is "comfortable". A lead like that can evaporate rather quickly.

If it were 7% lead for Obama, you wouldn't say that. Again...I love that when a poll shows Obama leading it's accurate...but if McCain leads it is like "When will that state come around for Obama?"
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 04:12:08 PM »

Problem with (FL) jews for Obama ? but wait for M-D poll.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 04:26:46 PM »

If it were 7% lead for Obama, you wouldn't say that. Again...I love that when a poll shows Obama leading it's accurate...but if McCain leads it is like "When will that state come around for Obama?"

Umm....no. Nice try, though.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 05:20:08 PM »

LOL, Naso is 100% right, you and others Dems slather over polls that have him even close in absurd states

Anyway, McCain will win FL by a lot more than 7, probably closer to 12 or 13
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 05:20:52 PM »

LOL, Naso is 100% right, you and others Dems slather over polls that have him even close in absurd states

LOL

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 05:21:37 PM »

LOL
LOL Smiley Smiley Smiley GOLDMINE MATERIAL!!
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 05:28:03 PM »

LOL

Your whole existence is goldmine material.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 05:28:55 PM »

LOL

If it helps you sleep at night
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 05:30:32 PM »

McCain will get nowhere near 12 or 13 points unless Obama really screws something up and loses in a landslide nationwide to McCain. If McCain were to win FL....7points is pretty reasonable. 4 more months though Wink
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 05:31:36 PM »

McCain will get nowhere near 12 or 13 points unless Obama really screws something up and loses in a landslide nationwide to McCain. If McCain were to win FL....7points is pretty reasonable. 4 more months though Wink
Florida probably has the worst demograhpics for Obama of any state that was remotely close in 2004.  The idea that McCain wins by double-digits won Bush won by 5 is not far-fetched at all
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 05:33:55 PM »

Florida probably has the worst demograhpics for Obama of any state that was remotely close in 2004.  The idea that McCain wins by double-digits won Bush won by 5 is not far-fetched at all

Yeah but alot of polls showed early he was getting destroyed...and now recently hes actually improved significantly. 7 points is a stretch but if hes able to improve on the abysmal numbers had earlier I dont see how he cant do it again. All in all I dont see Obama winning Florida anyways....but he wont lose by double digits.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »

Florida probably has the worst demograhpics for Obama of any state that was remotely close in 2004.  The idea that McCain wins by double-digits won Bush won by 5 is not far-fetched at all

Obama's problem with the 60+ category has been overstated by the media. Just like his problem with Appalachia was. Plus, If Obama keeps his 30+ lead among Hispanics then he shouldn't lose by that much at all.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 05:40:38 PM »

LOL

If it helps you sleep at night

I use NyQuil for that, actually.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 05:53:52 PM »

Florida probably has the worst demograhpics for Obama of any state that was remotely close in 2004.  The idea that McCain wins by double-digits won Bush won by 5 is not far-fetched at all

Obama's problem with the 60+ category has been overstated by the media. Just like his problem with Appalachia was. Plus, If Obama keeps his 30+ lead among Hispanics then he shouldn't lose by that much at all.

I love how the media sidesteps the important issue of race in this election. Instead, it was "Obama does poorly among blue collar, working class whites" because they "like the Clinton years."
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 05:57:58 PM »

In a race where Obama leads nationwide by ~5 points, this is a very nice lead for McCain.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 05:59:24 PM »

I love how the media sidesteps the important issue of race in this election. Instead, it was "Obama does poorly among blue collar, working class whites" because they "like the Clinton years."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of the people complaining when some Obama supporters blamed his loses in WV and KY on race.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 06:49:02 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of the people complaining when some Obama supporters blamed his loses in WV and KY on race.

I'm speaking of just how the media has ignored the importance of the issue...I dislike how people on the forum began calling Hillary voters' racist everytime she won.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 07:34:41 PM »

That's exactly why did he so poorly among blue collar working class whites (as well as Hispanics and Jews), who have now come back to Obama in droves, and in some cases, with better numbers that they supported Kerry, a white man.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 09:34:46 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2008, 09:41:41 PM by agcatter »

Obama will dump a lot of money into Florida so I don't look for Obama to lose by double digits.  He probably wouldn't anyway.  The demographics however just aren't there for Obama.

I'm going to say McCain takes the state something like 52-46-2

I think even the Dems on this board would admit that is at least reasonable.

I'd say Florida is one of only 6 or 7 states that McCain POTENTIALLY runs better than Bush did in 04.

Massachusetts (100% sure)
Arizona (pretty sure)
West Virginia
Kentucky
Tennessee
Michigan

ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 09:53:30 PM »

I'm going to say McCain takes the state something like 52-46-2

That is very reasonable.

McCain winning by 10+ points? Not really.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 05:22:08 AM »

My prediction:

FLORIDA PRESIDENT -
50% (R) McCain
47% (D) Obama
  2% Others
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to: