Bush twins estúpido! Estúpido!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:16:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Bush twins estúpido! Estúpido!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bush twins estúpido! Estúpido!  (Read 3330 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2004, 10:17:33 PM »

Their mini-speeches completely ruined the night...awful...just awful...
elcorazon

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 10:21:08 PM »

I thought I accidently caught britney and her sister presenting an mtv award.  just awful.  And to top it off, neither one looked good.  
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 10:23:20 PM »

Man, I thought the Kerry girls and the hamster was bad.  Ha.  I thought the twins would never get finished.  Thank the lord that's over.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 10:25:41 PM »

I liked what Fred Barns said. I wish them luck in their future careers...and suggest that they might want to look somewhere other than comedy.

I disagree that they ruined the night, though. Arnold was great.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 10:31:04 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2004, 10:31:29 PM by Lunar »

Yes, I enjoyed Ahnuld.  Mrs. Bush was just borring, fuzzy feel-good stuff but Schwarzenegger did a great job at establishing his view of America as an immigrant and creating a sense of patriotism.

Bush twins were horrible.  When you are trying to intentionally sound stupid to appeal to more people, you're not supposed to make it blatant.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 10:32:15 PM »

The governator was pretty damned good alright.

As for the twins, Look for Kerry and Bush to make some sort of deal where Jenna, Barbara, and Teresa are exciled to an undisclosed location for the remainder of the campaign.

emergingDmajority1
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 10:36:12 PM »

wow, what the heck is this about? The Bush twins did a great job. I mean what do you expect some polished song and dance number. They were nervous, giggling, a little off cue.......... so what, they were HUMAN. I thought it came across as very genuine and endearing.
Rococo4

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 10:37:06 PM »

I have talked to like 10 people on the phone (of both parties) since the speeches ended and all said how embarassing the twins were. How does this happen at such a scripted event?
emergingDmajority1
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 10:42:30 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2004, 10:43:19 PM by emergingDmajority1 »

what ? I can't believe I'm a Liberal defending them

all over the place I see the Bush family getting pasted for there performance tonight, I give it a A+

The Bush twins were genuine, they were real! cute, loving, all american daughters followed by a video feed of there father, out in a (staged of course) softball game somewhere in middle America, looking comfortable and relaxed, he introduces his wife who gives a decent speech about the challenges we face today and sprinkled in with autobiographical facts (meeting George at the bbq, her father etc) she seemed like a classy, strong, southern woman, tonight they put forth a great image of an american family.

If this was shown in 2000, bush would've won in a landslide.

I'm not voting for them, but well done
zachman

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 10:44:58 PM »

The media has been surprisingly favorable in evaluating every speech at this convention.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2004, 10:45:20 PM »

You are putting us on.
emergingDmajority1
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2004, 10:52:24 PM »

I think the media gave them too big of a pass for last night which I thought was over the top Kerry bashing.

I am upset at the lack of liberal pundits commenting on these events. mcauliffe needs to be more visible.

I just thought the Bush family knocked one out of the park today, and I'm thrilled as a Dem, that most people don't see it that way. I'm just trying to be fair.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2004, 10:59:30 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, Brokow on NBC did a real hatchet job on the Republicans tonight during their telecast.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2004, 11:07:38 PM »

Bush twins did their job, more or less, which was to basically show Bush raised 2 normal (if rich and famous) daughters. Kerry's daughters are just parrots of his campaign... the Bush daughters don't have that element (and are a lot younger), but they do help bolster the image of the President as a person.

But I'll be the first to admit, it was a bit painful to watch.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2004, 11:08:59 PM »

yep, it was indeed
Reds4

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 11:09:50 PM »

The Bush twins definitely did poorly. They just giggled and Barbara seemed quite nervous while Jenna seemed wild. I must agree a poor showing from them for sure, however, my only question is, does anyone actually think them messing up tonight will hurt Pres. Bush at all? I dont think it will.
emergingDmajority1
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004, 11:16:22 PM »

imho, Bush should get a bounce out of tonight but he won't, even the freerepublic crowd wasn't happy with the bush twins.

I don't agree with Kerry's daughters being parrots of the campaign, these are already grown women, very smart and independent, and that's what you'd hope the Bush twins grow into in 10 years.
Rococo4

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2004, 11:57:48 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, Brokow on NBC did a real hatchet job on the Republicans tonight during their telecast.

yeah he sure as hell did - I couldnt believe what he was saying.  I know he thinks it, but to say it as an anchor is something else
Reds4

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2004, 12:21:54 AM »

What did Brokaw say?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2004, 12:30:25 AM »

if those two idiots can graduate from college, then I shouldn't have any trouble coming up in the future!
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 07:04:00 AM »

You know me . . . I love them.  Smiley

However, their speech as a bit too long, and needed someone to review before they presented it.  I did like the whole "We can help with the campaign" part, especially when they said "There has to be a place in this election for a strong-willed woman.  Next think you know, Karen is back."  

Oh well.
zachman

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 07:12:38 AM »

I was just watching CNN, and although they said that a lot of the Bush girl's jokes fell flat, they still said that they liked the Bush twins speech. Why can't the media tell and distinguish what is good oratory and what is poor oratory?
sbelleal

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2004, 09:05:23 AM »

Although I was surprised that their speech seemed choppy and unpolished, it was interesting because it showed them as they really are.  They didn't put up any sort of front and even admitted they were not very political.  They definitely have other interests and may even have other opinions besides republican ones.  I thought overall they were cute and showed that they were just average young people.  They weren't there to try to impress anyone...they were just being themselves and supporting their mother and father whom the obviously love.  And I'm sure they were both VERY nervous...anyone would be. Even the most experienced politicians would be..they just know how to make it seem like they are not.

I thought they helped to bring the whole Bush family together in a unique way. They came across as the very young girls that they are. Of course they are somewhat immature...but they will come around.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2004, 09:40:17 AM »

For those of you talking about their lack of polish in presentation:

How about we put you on stage in front of a hundred thousand people live and millions on global TV with less than a week to prepare and see how you do.

Not the best presentation, but far from the worst.
nomorelies

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2004, 10:15:16 AM »

Jenna Bush should stick to being an alcholic
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies